PDA

View Full Version : Is there a product ingredient tutorial somewhere?

LauraLongLocks
October 30th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I would like to learn more about product ingredients. I'm new here, and trying to decide if I can buy cheaper products. I've been buying salon stuff, and wow, it's spendy! My husband likes my hair and is willing to spend whatever I say it takes to maintain the hair, but I would like to spend less on it so we have more money for the other essentials in our life.

Firefox7275
October 30th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Loads of useful articles by 'curl chemist' Tonya McKay on Naturallycurly website.

AmyBeth
October 30th, 2013, 07:19 PM
I used to work in a salon and I tried it all. I now use Giovanni products which are found in natural grocery stores and are very inexpensive. They are as good, if not better than any of the other products I used. I'm actually considering a switch to products with even less chemicals and more organics because as I use more natural products, my hair really responds in a positive way- example: coconut oil. If you hang out here long enough, you will hear so many people singing the praises of coconut oil. Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe gel, things like that which have been used for centuries effectively and are not expensive at all!