PDA

View Full Version : Hair and kidneys - my personal update

bte
October 29th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Well, I have not posted much for a bit, and not at all for a week or so.
I kane known for about two years that I was unwell, but the doctors didn't get to the cause. Then finally, I found that my kidneys had virtually stopped working almosr overnight and my body was full of toxins.
I spent a week in hispital having emergency dialysis , and am now much better. I start home dialysis in two weeks. #For two weeks, I have not has the energy even to brush my hair, but it has managed not to get too tangled and even seems to be growing sightly after having been at terminal for about 16 years. It will be interesting to see if it grows more as my health improves!

Thanks for reading, and good luck to any others of you who have kidney failure.

joflakes
October 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM
That's terrible that they didn't find out for so long, but I'm glad they have discovered it now. Good luck with everything.

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound on my kidneys, fingers crossed...

bte
October 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
That's terrible that they didn't find out for so long, but I'm glad they have discovered it now. Good luck with everything.

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound on my kidneys, fingers crossed...

Good luck - hope it all goes well!

joflakes
October 29th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Thanks so much! :)

Kaelee
October 29th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Oh no! So sorry to hear that you've been so sick. :( Glad they've got it figured out and you're doing better now, get well soon!

DweamGoiL
October 29th, 2013, 09:56 AM
So sorry to hear about your kidneys and hope you are well on your way to recovery. Sending good vibes your way!

AmyBeth
October 29th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry you had to go through that, it must be awful to feel so badly and not know what's wrong. Knowing what is wrong is half the battle, isn't it? Now you can really work on getting better.:blossom: Healthier blood means healthier everything, including hair.

jacqueline101
October 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your kidneys. I do wish you a speedy recovery and do let us know how you're doing. I hope you get the hair growth you're wanting.

hairaddiction
October 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your kidneys. Hoping you feel well soon! Hair has a way of growing through trying times, so hopefully you'd will keep growing strong on your road to recovery.

jeanniet
October 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
That's pretty scary. I hope you're feeling much better now, and that the home dialysis goes well for you. I know your hair is probably the least of your worries at this point, but some unexpected growth would certainly cheer you up, so I'm sending you good wishes for growth.

Anje
October 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Scary stuff! I hope you continue to feel lots better with dialysis and that your kidneys start functioning again!

summergreen
October 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your kidneys bte - hope all goes well and that you feel much better soon.

Agnes Hannah
October 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Bte you have been through a really rough time, I do hope you have turned a corner and feel better, very best of luck and love.
Joflakes, good luck tomorrow with your ultrascan. Take care.

Beatnik Guy
October 29th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Gulp! Glad you are doing better now bte!

embee
October 29th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Wow, bte, that's big stuff! :(

I'm glad you've got a diagnosis and hope the treatments will make a great difference in how you feel. I've been sick in my life before, and I remember how horrid it was - and the depressing fear that it might never get any better because there was no clue what was *wrong*.

bte
October 30th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Thank you all for your replies and good wishes, much appreciated. It is scary, but I feel lucky that there are treatments available, when I hear of people with devastating diseases for which there is nothing effective.

My kidney's won't recover, so dialysis is for life, but I feel better even after a week than I have for about two years, and that helps me to be positive. Your support is a big boost to morale, thanks you again!

Sarahlabyrinth
October 30th, 2013, 11:10 AM
bte, I'm glad to hear you have discovered what is wrong, now that you can start dialysis you will surely feel better and that is going to be reflected in your hair growth too - all the best for your treatment AND hair growth!

bte
November 1st, 2013, 03:48 AM
bte, I'm glad to hear you have discovered what is wrong, now that you can start dialysis you will surely feel better and that is going to be reflected in your hair growth too - all the best for your treatment AND hair growth!

Thank you for those kind words. I will keep you all informed as to my progress.