PDA

View Full Version : Monistat Report!

Shibe
October 28th, 2013, 11:41 PM
After 13 days and 3 Monistat treatments, my hair has grown from 26.5" to 27!

Fiance said it was a little longer than 27, but I rounded down. It feels thicker, and silkier.

I'll be hitting 30 inches soon!

jacqueline101
October 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
I'm happy you found the wonders Monistat holds. Congrats on your growth.

bunnylake
October 30th, 2013, 07:45 PM
I'm thinking of trying this on my bangs that I just cut and immediately regretted! >:[

seamonster
October 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM
That is great growth. I am going to see what I get with my current methods this year, but I might try this in the spring

antler_tines
October 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
bunnylake you did cut your bangs? I did the same a while back and now I'm growing them out, maybe this is a good idea for just your bangs? I feel like my husband would think I'm weird :p

bunnylake
October 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM
bunnylake you did cut your bangs? I did the same a while back and now I'm growing them out, maybe this is a good idea for just your bangs? I feel like my husband would think I'm weird :p

Yep, just cut them the other day! They just don't look right for some reason, and I forgot what a pain in the butt they are to style. I might try this just for my bangs... my husband is used to my weird hair experiments by now, heehee

Shibe
October 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking of trying this on my bangs that I just cut and immediately regretted! >:[

Go for it, I have baby hairs that are growing like crazy (i have long bangs that frame my face) and its like I have mini bangs in the middle!

Lyv
October 30th, 2013, 11:32 PM
That's a lot of growth! I used monistat for a little bit and got a little over an inch a month but then I got lazy and stopped.

Shibe
October 30th, 2013, 11:38 PM
My Fiance really encourages it and reminds me whenever it's time to do it. He even helps me section my hair and applies it for me. :inlove:

hairaddiction
October 31st, 2013, 02:17 AM
My Fiance really encourages it and reminds me whenever it's time to do it. He even helps me section my hair and applies it for me. :inlove:

Holy smokes! You have a keeper there. Monistat has given me excellent growth and baby hairs all over the place. They look silly but when they grow up big and strong I'll be pleased.

Glimmer
October 31st, 2013, 05:30 AM
Do you just apply it on your hair wet? Then do you rinse or leave it in? I have read that it helps you grow new hair and that some people who have thinning hair it helps it to be thicker. I was skeptical but I see it is working for you all. I have a tube here I am not using so I might try this too for a while.

duchess67
October 31st, 2013, 05:37 AM
Wow, happy for you! Wish I could keep using monistat, but unfortunately I can't, sad. I get severe headaches as a side effect. Though I did see growth when I was using it.

MaryO
October 31st, 2013, 06:18 AM
I'm actually starting to think that I need to import Monistat as the similar (South African) products I have tried didn't work! :-( Glad for those who have had good growth using it though!

Shibe
October 31st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Do you just apply it on your hair wet? Then do you rinse or leave it in? I have read that it helps you grow new hair and that some people who have thinning hair it helps it to be thicker. I was skeptical but I see it is working for you all. I have a tube here I am not using so I might try this too for a while.

I apply it to dry hair and leave it in until I wash it next :) I'll answer how I mix it under the next quote!

Wow, happy for you! Wish I could keep using monistat, but unfortunately I can't, sad. I get severe headaches as a side effect. Though I did see growth when I was using it.

Have you been diluting the mixture? I do one inch of monistat in a small bottle (I use a travel shampoo bottle) and put in exactly 3 tablespoons of water. Shake really well! When you section your hair into 4, it goes insanely far. My scalp is soaked before the bottle is even empty, we have to just dump the rest on! Dilution is key to adverting those awful headaches.

bunzfan
October 31st, 2013, 04:34 PM
I did it found it time consuming though then I found protein shakes and got better growth with that.

duchess67
October 31st, 2013, 06:32 PM
Have you been diluting the mixture? I do one inch of monistat in a small bottle (I use a travel shampoo bottle) and put in exactly 3 tablespoons of water. Shake really well! When you section your hair into 4, it goes insanely far. My scalp is soaked before the bottle is even empty, we have to just dump the rest on! Dilution is key to adverting those awful headaches.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shibe. Yes, I was using it diluted, but wasn't using your ratio. I used 2 tablespoon of water for one inch of monistat. Guess I should try using it again diluting it with more water.

Shibe
October 31st, 2013, 11:45 PM
Some of our ladies reported that they had issues with 2, but 3 seemed to be enough dilution.

duchess67
November 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
Some of our ladies reported that they had issues with 2, but 3 seemed to be enough dilution.

I am going to apply it tonight, using your way of application. Thanks again, Shibe.