PDA

View Full Version : Receding hairline (male)

Redhead Rebel
October 28th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I have a friend that has a receding hairline and was wondering what he could try to help grow his hair back. He used to have MBL hair but cut it short when it started receding. He is 24 and is very self concious about it so wears a beanie all the time to cover it (which probably doesn't help?) Any suggestions or success stories would be greatly appreciated :)

Bombadillo
October 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I know I have receded a little bit with more in my right 'corner'. But since I have started to care more for my hair I have notice some lone hairs that stick out on my forehead past my hair line. I'm pretty sure they weren't there before so I am chalking it up to the hair love. Now if only more would do that! However, I have been paying attention to people in public as well as models in advertising and seeing that I'm not so big and bad in the forehead department and for the most part I am symmetrical which isn't always the case out there.

vindo
October 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Tell him to google the words "danny roddy" and "bulletproof calcium d glucarate". You will find one blog about male pattern hair loss and the other is a supplement that helps men (and women) regulate their hormones. Hormonal imbalances are among the most common causes for premature hair loss.

jacqueline101
October 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM
I'd like to ask if your friend has been to a doctor. I say this to see if he has a vitamin or hormone issues. If he hasn't he may consider this to make sure it's not this. It he has a clean bill of health be could try Monistat or rogain. Some ladies have used caster oil to grow their hair he could even try that. Caster oil did help my burnt off eyebrow.

Redhead Rebel
October 30th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Thanks for your advice. No he hasn't been to a doctor, I guess he should go and get a blood test or something? I was researching issues assoicated with male pattern baldness and it sounds quite scary!

Firefox7275
October 30th, 2013, 07:04 PM
He should see his family doctor or a dermatologist.

AmyBeth
October 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Very gentle scalp massage can't possibly hurt and might help keep the follicles producing a little longer? Just until he feels the tingle of blood flow pick up.