PDA

View Full Version : The same updo everyday - but changing hairtoys daily

BowTie
October 28th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Hi,

I love to wear my hair up. It stops me playing with my hair, helps to prevent tangles and stops my hear to go on my face. I mostly wear my hair in french/peacock twist and sometimes in a dutch braid/two dutch braides. I think in a few months I can wear cinnamon bun.
Although I basically wear the same hairstyle daily, I change my hairtoys daily. For example yesterday I used hairsticks and today I'm using side comb. Tomorrow I'm planning to use a big jaw clip. Does this help? I haven't noticed any hair loss and I'm always gentle with it.

bunzfan
October 28th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Hi,

I love to wear my hair up. It stops me playing with my hair, helps to prevent tangles and stops my hear to go on my face. I mostly wear my hair in french/peacock twist and sometimes in a dutch braid/two dutch braides. I think in a few months I can wear cinnamon bun.
Although I basically wear the same hairstyle daily, I change my hairtoys daily. For example yesterday I used hairsticks and today I'm using side comb. Tomorrow I'm planning to use a big jaw clip. Does this help? I haven't noticed any hair loss and I'm always gentle with it.

You can eventually get breakage from wearing the same updo every day that's why many like to change it i alternate between braided bun,nautilus basically if hair is twisted the same way day in day out it will get some breakage.

ravenheather
October 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
You will be fine until you can do more styles. Plus you do alterate braiding and twists.

Kaelee
October 28th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Don't worry about it. :agree:

You CAN get breakage from doing the same updo daily, but since you can only manage one, it's far better than having it loose all the time. You can experiment with changing the placement of the toy as well to reduce stress on a single area.

jeanniet
October 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I wore pretty much the same updo every day (pencil bun) and didn't have any particular damage from it. Since at this point your hair isn't that long, you don't have a lot of options yet anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it.

BowTie
October 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks, I try not to worry about it then. I'm very gentle with my hair: don't use heat, tease, comb/finger comb as gently as possible.

Kaelee
October 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks, I try not to worry about it then. I'm very gentle with my hair: don't use heat, tease, comb/finger comb as gently as possible.

Then you're already doing better than probably 90% of the Western female population. :lol:

Really, not heat styling, teasing and using gobs of products goes a LOOOONG way towards having healthy, beautiful hair.

BowTie
October 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Then you're already doing better than probably 90% of the Western female population. :lol:

Really, not heat styling, teasing and using gobs of products goes a LOOOONG way towards having healthy, beautiful hair.

Thank you. I've also stopped bleaching, wohoo!

PrincessIdril
October 28th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I do this and my hair still looks good. I use the theory that since my buns/braids never look exactly the same 2 days in a row the hair isn't being subjected to the same style everyday!

BowTie
October 28th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I do this and my hair still looks good. I use the theory that since my buns/braids never look exactly the same 2 days in a row the hair isn't being subjected to the same style everyday!

Yeah, my twists alwayslook different, too.

vanillabones
October 28th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I've found wearing my bun on the same spot on my head for a long period of time has strained the hair and scalp and is causing me more scalp cleavage than usual.
I'm going to try putting the bun in different places, right, left, low... when I was your length it saved my hair from damage and made it so healthy! - Now... not so much :(

lunalocks
October 28th, 2013, 01:52 PM
You might try doing the same twist, only the other way. There are also other simple updos you can try at your length, such as a french braid and then tucking the end of the braid under and pinning in place.