PDA

View Full Version : pain and breakage at nape of the neck

susieq998
October 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Ive been have alot of pain breakage and sensitivity at the nape. Could this be caused from wearing a night sleeping bonnet? Ive never had this problem before then. I started wearing one a few months ago and its really the only thing i think could be causing it. should i stop wearing them? If so how should I protect my hair at night?

Flor
October 28th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Ditch the bonnet for a few weeks and see if it gets better. That's the only way to find out for sure. You could try a satin pillow case instead. I personally can't sleep in/on either. Bonnets I never even tried, but I know it'll bug me to no end to have a "hat" on at night. And satin pillow cases are so damn slippery and make me sweat (I only tried polyester, I'm sure silk would be better)! I settled on those smooth satin-woven cotton pillow cases (like Ikea's GÄSPA range, for example).

ladyfey
October 28th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I tried a cheapy satin bonnet from Walmart at first, and ended up with a TON of breakage all around my hairline at the sides and nape. For me the bonnet was the problem, I switched to a bonnet by blensblends and have had no more problems with breakage and my hair is protected. I also got lots of breakage by wearing infinity buns a great deal, they hold so well for me, but they are clearly too tight as well, so no more infinity buns for me!

Firefox7275
October 28th, 2013, 05:12 AM
You can purchase 50% silk/ 50% cotton pillowcases on eBay from China, various people here have had them (including myself) and been very happy with the quality for the price. Or purchase a bonnet with a flat edge instead of elasticated if that is the issue.