PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel you have a STRANGE HAIRLINE? (please share, story or pics)

OleanderTime
October 26th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Do you? Let's share here to commiserate, hopefully reinforce that we are oh-so-normal. Pics encouraged!

As for myself, I think my strange hairline runs in my family. I look at relatives and baby pictures to reassure myself that it is normal (that is, part of the beautiful cosmic human variance) and not hairloss. I will show you what I mean when I get my camera out tomorrow.

Please share!

picklepie
October 27th, 2013, 01:02 AM
I have a reverse widow's peak. A little v-shaped divot into my hairline right in the center of my forehead. I hate it! It always looks like my hair is parted in the middle when it's pulled straight back, and it's hard to get my hair to part on the side. It's the reason I had bangs for years and years. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I feel like I've never seen it on anyone else's head but mine! Grrrr!

woolyleprechaun
October 27th, 2013, 01:14 AM
I have both a widows peak and a reverse peak next to it :) It's like an 's' shaped hairline! I try and give a bit of front volume to my standard updos to hide it a bit, but I suppose it's just part of me!

MaryMarx
October 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I have a widow's peak and no hair at my temples, which makes it look like a receding hairline, and the peak isn't helping!

Tini'sNewHair
October 27th, 2013, 02:36 AM
It depends on which growing stage im at. The hardest for me was at shoulder length when my ends flipped upwards verry slightly and now at BSL my ends seem to always stick out in any possible direction, I'm hoping that my line will settle down once more as i grow further down

samanthaj08
October 27th, 2013, 05:18 AM
I have what I call a 'david letterman patch' on my left side. That bald triangle he has, though obviously not as bad since I'm only 24. Luckily my hair drapes nicely over it :)

goldenlady
October 27th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Mine is just really really square.. You can't tell at all with my hair parted.. but I look horrible with all my hair back! My friend once styled my hair in a top-knot.. then commented on my weird hair line haha.

Ashflower89
October 27th, 2013, 05:38 AM
"I don't have any pictures, because I do my best to hide it" ... Okay I did find one pic that shows it on one side.

I have a hairline that goes back a little far at each top corner, like a guy in his 30s would get. When I had longer hair and it was in an updo, I looked like I was balding or something, just slightly. I know hair does grow there, but they are fine baby hairs in such a light color that they blend into my forehead. Because of this, I always make sure I have some sort of bangs hanging down when I do an updo, or let the front layers lay looser to cover those spots. It's weird and annoying. If anything it just makes me look like I have an even bigger forehead heh.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/Ashflower89/hairline_zpsbafe2d13.jpg

vindo
October 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
My hair line was affected by hair loss before. It always really affected the temples that went almost bald and along my forehead some hairs would be missing. It was always temporary and after less than a month new hairs grew in.
Even when shedding now I don't lose a large amount suddenly anymore so the hair line does thin but almost at the same time fills back in again and the thinning is not as noticeable.
I also had a yeast infection that affected my hair line and after treatment it grew really full and fuzzy :lol:

My natural hair line is somewhat round and I do have a lot of finer, lighter baby hairs right at the front and my hair line gradually transitions to thicker hair (well M).

I can try to show some pictures of the before and after once I get on the computer.

millyaulait
October 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM
I have a widow's peak just like Eddie Muster's... :laugh:

OleanderTime
October 27th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Here is my silly hairline. Apparently I don't have any baby photos scanned and saved to my computer, but they are hilariously similar.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/TLHC_hariline_zpsc0140681.jpg

Laura-Anne
October 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
The hairline on the right side of my head goes up higher than the other. I also have a cowlick on that side so it makes it even more obvious. It used to be worse because of my heavy ponytails it pulled on the higher part of my hairline and caused slight hair loss... Since I've been taking better care of my hair the hair has thickened there and it looks better. I still have a wonky hairline but it isn't as bad as it was. I have gotten comments about it but it doesn't bother me anymore. I might as well be okay with it since I'll be stuck with it forever :)

jacqueline101
October 27th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I have a widows peak. I was born with it I looked at my old photos. I like mine it's like a familiar friend.

HintOfMint
October 27th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yup, low hairline, not smooth at all, slight widow's peak, and two little tufts of baby hairs right above my eyebrows. Yee. Haw. :rolleyes:

maskedrose
October 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Mine is somewhat similar to yours, OleanderTime - it jumps back at the temples. I have a ton of short, curly hairs that grow out of those spots, and when it's humid I get little devil's horns lol :evil:

ColoradoDreamer
October 27th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I have a widow's peak and a cowlick.

mamaherrera
December 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM
THIS IS ME TO A TEA!! and I try and find baby pics to show myself that's how I've been, but I always no bangs, so those long hairs covered it, now that I can lift my bangs up, I see it all the time and it's driving me nuts. I would love to see pics of people like this.

I have a widow's peak and no hair at my temples, which makes it look like a receding hairline, and the peak isn't helping!

turtlelover
December 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I've got a low, very straight across hairline. I always have bangs to soften it, but they rebel because of my cowlicks and wave patterns, so I have to straighten them, and they STILL don't lie nicely. I really, really want to grow out the bangs and just have more of a hippie look, but I've heard comments that I look better with them, so I haven't. *sigh*

Valorie
December 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
I have a high hair line with a widow' s peak and cowlick. The only time it didn't look horrible was when my hair was really short and having it go in all directions was in the spirit of the style. Now? I have fringe and am thinking of growing it because I'm never happy with it. I will just have to embrace what I find not so attractive.

battles
December 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I have what looks like two receding patches at my temples, but they've always been there. I just naturally have an old man hairline. :p

I keep bangs. I'm never happy with how I look without them.

hannabiss
December 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I can't upload a pic but if you look at my album you'll see I have what looks to be a receding hair line on an already large fore head. So I look like I'm going bald . One reason I love bangs that and my hair is limp with no hope for volume. So bangs means a little style as we'll as a cover up.

0xalis
December 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Not the hairline itself but on my forehead I have those weird baby hairs that people with eating disorders get and some hairs that never grow longer than half of my forehead. I am perfectly well nourished so i have no idea whats up with the baby hairs but those short terminal hairs are why my hair either needs bangs or to be parted to the right. I guess my hairline could be considered "weird" but I never really see it because I always have bangs of some sort.

mamaherrera
December 8th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I so would love more people to put pics up. I have an album up cuz I've been so self conscious of this, but maybe I was just born with this "weird" hairline. I just never used to study it and I always happened to have hair going in that direction to cover it up.

HumanBean
December 9th, 2013, 12:14 AM
I've got a widows peak and cow licks, and one side is higher than the other (you can see the widows peak and the crookedness in my avatar <<<<===== )
But the weirdest thing is my hairline in back. It grows so low on my neck and so close to my ears. I was shaving it off when I first was on here but got tired of it and now I'm just going with it although it makes every updo look messy.

Elanadi
December 9th, 2013, 12:32 AM
I HATE my hairline!!! I have a widows peak that I was teased mercilessly about as a kid that I'm not paranoid people will see; a cowlick on one side, a low hairline, AND those stupid baby hairs that make my hairline really fuzzy and closes in my forehead to much. I ruthlessly tweezed a lot of that crap away a few weeks ago when I was fed up. I'm growing my bangs out, so I am determined to find a solution that makes me not hate my hairline so much.

thirstylocks
December 9th, 2013, 01:52 AM
I have a lot of perpetual baby hairs too. @emilylightening, sounds like our hairlines are similar. I did not know that this was caused by some sort of deficiency??

mamaherrera
December 9th, 2013, 11:53 AM
MINE TOO!! I have this crookedness thing, but at least you have the baby hairs around it. On the side where mine goes back (inwards) more, there's no baby hairs, so it looks like recession. I've tried so hard to prove to myself it's always been like that, but I've ALWAYS ALWAYS pulled the hair from the peak to that side (who knows why) and so it's always been covered.

I've got a widows peak and cow licks, and one side is higher than the other (you can see the widows peak and the crookedness in my avatar <<<<===== )
But the weirdest thing is my hairline in back. It grows so low on my neck and so close to my ears. I was shaving it off when I first was on here but got tired of it and now I'm just going with it although it makes every updo look messy.

Elanadi
December 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I found a pic that shows my hairline after I tweezed away a lot of the baby hairs on the sides of my forehead. You can see where they start, and you can also see the hated widow's peak. I'm seriously thinking about trying an over the counter wax kit to get rid of those stupid baby hairs, lol!
http://www.projectcyan.com/sites/projectcyan.com/files/images/misc/hairline.JPG

ErinLeigh
December 9th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I have both a widows peak and a reverse peak next to it :) It's like an 's' shaped hairline! I try and give a bit of front volume to my standard updos to hide it a bit, but I suppose it's just part of me!

I have the same thing. I feel it gives me a narrow look to the top of my head. Like an egg shape. In all honesty I do have a narrow top part of head though so my hairline and fine hair with no volume really accentuate it.

MaryMarx
December 19th, 2013, 11:24 AM
THIS IS ME TO A TEA!! and I try and find baby pics to show myself that's how I've been, but I always no bangs, so those long hairs covered it, now that I can lift my bangs up, I see it all the time and it's driving me nuts. I would love to see pics of people like this.

I'm so sorry for this late answer! I'm actually kind of worried about my thin temples. It seems to be thinner, or I'm just paying more attention to it. :(
I'm under a lot of stress right now so maybe that's it. Sometimes I can't find a way to wear my part because the scalp shows through. It's scary.
I will let my hair dry and then take some pictures to share with you.

ositarosita
December 19th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I don't know if it's a weird hairline or not but my hairline comes down so far on my face I say I don't have a forehead I have a two head lol ( like Tyra Banks has a 5 head)

Not Lynn Merely
December 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I have the little semi-bare triangular patches on my front hairline, the way OleanderTime does in her pretty photos. I've never thought much about them.

However, I do have nape-of-neck hair that comes down in two little triangles. One is even longer than the other. They come halfway down my neck. (See the pic under my username.) There's not much to do about them, so why worry? :shrug: They never grow more than a couple inches long. The only time this came in handy was when I needed to take a drug test prior to employment at a factory. They needed to take hair that grew more than an inch (so, no arm hair). The doctor wanted to take it from the middle of my scalp! My hair was already at least TBL, so I convinced her to take the stupid nape hair. Sure, it looked odd for a couple months, but that is better than multiple years to regrow important hair!

Beborani
December 19th, 2013, 12:38 PM
My hairline is trapezoid with curved legs. It maybe my favorite part of my hair.

excentricat
December 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I have a mild widows peak, but that is not the odd part of my hairline. Mine goes way back in the corners, then comes way forward at the temples, almost to my eyebrows. It gives me a receding hairline giant forehead look if slicked back.

MaryMarx
December 19th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Okay, I have some pictures for you. It's embarrasing to show them, but well.
I have always had thin temple hair, but I don't know if it has gotten worse.
Could you guys give me an honest opinion if you think this does not look 'normal' (as in might get checked by a doctor)?

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/DSC00627_zps75c97ba1.jpg

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/DSC00642_zpsbbbdb312.jpg

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t399/schakt/DSC00636_zps6d039bdf.jpg

mamaherrera
December 19th, 2013, 08:38 PM
well if you have a problem, I do too. I think yours looks just like mine. I think it's just that we start stressing and paying attention to things more and then we notice minor details that have always been there.

mamaherrera
December 19th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Good thing you like it. I like the geometry figure description you give, sounds like mine!

My hairline is trapezoid with curved legs. It maybe my favorite part of my hair.

mamaherrera
December 19th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Same look I get, and funny thing, my widows peak is mild, as well, it's not like a specific little point, but it goes back more in one corner than the other, but that's partly in thanks to my cowlicks, but one side definitely goes back farther than the other and is more "semi-bare" than the other side, in fact one side isn't really bare at all, just one side, talk about asymmetry.

I have a mild widows peak, but that is not the odd part of my hairline. Mine goes way back in the corners, then comes way forward at the temples, almost to my eyebrows. It gives me a receding hairline giant forehead look if slicked back.

MaryMarx
December 20th, 2013, 01:02 AM
well if you have a problem, I do too. I think yours looks just like mine. I think it's just that we start stressing and paying attention to things more and then we notice minor details that have always been there.
Yes, I think you're right! But still, I don't recall having problems styling my hair before, because of it.
I think I might visit a doctor after I move to another town in january, and do some tests.

Snena
December 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Honestly, you all are probably overreacting. I obviously, don't know how everyone's hairline looks like, but those of you that did post a picture don't have strange hairline at all. :confused:

mamaherrera
December 20th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't advise on visiting docs unless you want to stress yourself out more. My husband has told me the same thing. that I'm overreacting, you know how it is, you start looking/studying something over and over, and the more you look, the worse it looks. I finally have to just ignore it or I drive myself nuts. My husband also says, you've been that way for years, and now it's bugging you and you see it as "odd" looking. My pics aren't here, they are in my album, but they look very similar to the rest of yours. I usually just pull bangs down to cover, as I don't like the slick-back look because it does look like receding hairline, like mens.

ludwig20
December 20th, 2013, 07:06 PM
@MaryMarx - Your hairline is similar to mine. I've recently started to worry about my hairline, but looking back at baby photos I've realized it's always been this way. Still, it's uncomfortable especially when I pull my hair back. I have very thick hair and it sometimes makes me feel like I'm losing hair. I'm trying to just keep it healthy and ignore those thoughts (since it's not something I can truly control).

mamaherrera
December 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM
that's what I say too. I think we've always been like this, but now that we're older and hear horror stories, and stuff, we start looking at little details more. It's hard for me to find a baby pic that doesn't have hair covering those areas, but I can see in my pics from when I was 15 and up that they are the same. my hairline I mean.

MaryMarx
December 23rd, 2013, 01:23 AM
Thank you, that was encouraging to hear. :) I will leave it alone for some time and see how I feel about it later. Maybe it's not that bad. It's just the facts that it seems to have become harder to style without the thin areas showing through. Also, all together with my already thin hair it looks more bad then if I've had thick hair. People might actually think I'm balding or something now, and that makes me: shudder:

Alena
December 23rd, 2013, 02:29 AM
I think I have a strange hairline. I have a normal widows peak but I seem to have two smaller additional widows peaks, one on either side of my hairline, if that makes sense! I'll have to try to get a pic!

It used to make me feel a little uncomfortable, as everyone else I saw had nice smooth hairlines. After a while though, I came to like it, as it's unique.

MaryMarx
December 23rd, 2013, 02:31 AM
Alena, it sounds cute. :)

Andeee
December 23rd, 2013, 03:12 AM
I've always had those baby hairs. I thought it was normal, still do think it's normal. Just harder to get a sleek look, that's all. I have a lowish hairline but not Neanderthal low. I do have a second crown which I discovered when I lost a lot of hair a couple years back. The hair loss made it easier to see. My hairdresser (she does my color) says lots of people have two crowns. It seems kind of funny and random to me, but not as noticeable now that my hair has grown back in.

TiaKitty
December 23rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
I have a normal enough hair line, with a little thinner patches at the temples. I think that's okay and average enough.

What is weird about mine is that the baby hairs around my face are about 6 inches or so, and they're really curly. Like 3b curly. Pinky-finger sized little curls.

This creates a couple of weird barriers to sleek updos. If I slick them back to a high bun, they wriggle their way out, leaving me with a halo of ultra-frizz that sticks up at least 4 inches.

If I leave them out of my updo, I have to do something with them, so I usually wet them and clump them together, which results in these two strange little curls on either side of my forehead. I thought that looked better than the frizz, but Cuddles told me it looks strange...

AND, I grew a widow's peak! Never had one before, but recently, a little point of hair is creeeeeeepppping down my forehead, just a bit, maybe half-an-inch or so... Anyone else suddenly develop a widow's peak?

mamaherrera
December 23rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
I would, because these doctors don't know you and they don't care to hear if it was like that before and changed, etc, they only give a general diagnostic. ANd those are not fun to hear. i've heard terrible things from "derms" about my hair, and thank God, I still have the same amount on my head. One doc did tell me I had a receding hairline, but I told him I was always like that and he did accept and say "oh well then maybe it's normal for you". See, it's true, they don't know what we looked like ten years ago. I have ALWAYS, ALWAYS had hair from the middle go and cover those temple areas, so it's never been an issue with updos, although when I was younger, I see in pics, it was seen more so obviously I didn't care. now that I make an effort to have bangs and hide those areas, when I see them, they scare me more now, because I'm used to seeing myself with bangs.

Thank you, that was encouraging to hear. :) I will leave it alone for some time and see how I feel about it later. Maybe it's not that bad. It's just the facts that it seems to have become harder to style without the thin areas showing through. Also, all together with my already thin hair it looks more bad then if I've had thick hair. People might actually think I'm balding or something now, and that makes me: shudder:

TheVegan6
December 23rd, 2013, 01:51 PM
My hairline is very close to my eyebrows. It is the most annoying and weird-looking thing that has ever happened. I personally love widow's peaks! I think that they look amazing! But my hair is all the way up. As far as the hairline can be close to your eyes without actually covering the eyes.shudder:

LadyCelestina
December 23rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
Honestly, you all are probably overreacting. I obviously, don't know how everyone's hairline looks like, but those of you that did post a picture don't have strange hairline at all. :confused:
Yes,this,I was expecting something truly weird,like maybe a spiral hairline or one horn in the middle or something :D All of these look pretty normal to me.

mamaherrera
December 23rd, 2013, 11:58 PM
at least give me a vote of confidence on mine too!! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5032&d=1372380942
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5033&d=1372380942

M.McDonough
October 28th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I think we should post photos. Not just words. I posted a similar thread though..didn't know somebody else did before.

Hairkay
October 28th, 2015, 06:10 PM
I haven't got a hair line picture. I have a tiny widow's peak with s bits on either side. All of that is wispies. It runs in the family because my lil sis has exactly the same hairline. Once I got fed up with the s bits and shaved the lot off. I was pleased at my new simple hair line. It only lasted a week because the hair started to grow back and I didn't want to shave it every day.

littlestarface
October 28th, 2015, 06:19 PM
i hve a dumb hair line :( my right side of hairline is lower then my left side. it makes me have some weird wanna be tiny widows peak