View Full Version : Sneaky "eleven strand" braid

Long_hair_bear
October 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WHg3abiX-6E

very very sneaky..... ;)

fixed... now u can watch :)

cathair
October 26th, 2013, 08:05 PM
That is indeed very crafty :D Still don't think I could do it though! Not enough hair or slip.

stachelbeere
October 26th, 2013, 08:12 PM
what a nice girl :D I'll try this once my hair reaches at least BSL or WL ;)

Rio040113
October 26th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Ooh I like her :) Good idea as well but sadly I think my hair is just too thin at the minute to make this work :( booo. Thank you for posting the link :D

BlazingHeart
October 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
The idea of taking it down after it's been in all day and gotten a bit fuzzy makes me wince, though. I mean, it's clever and pretty, but all of those pass-throughs just look like a recipe for tangles to me.

AnqeIicDemise
October 26th, 2013, 11:17 PM
The idea of taking it down after it's been in all day and gotten a bit fuzzy makes me wince, though. I mean, it's clever and pretty, but all of those pass-throughs just look like a recipe for tangles to me.

Not if you have a mini topsy turvy pony tail thingie. I got a set of two (one large and one mini) I finally figured out how to use that tool!

CurlyCap
October 26th, 2013, 11:53 PM
That is SO cool.

I don't have the slip for it, I don't think, but I'm tempted to try it while my hair is damp.

Soooo pretty.

Quahatundightu
October 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
I should try this. My hair might be too thin for it, but it's definitely slippery enough. Thanks for posting, it looks great :)

CurlyCap
October 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I went and watched her 5-strand tutorial and finally did my first 5-strand braid!

It's very cool looking, but a HUGE length eater. My hair is WL and the braid ends at my shoulder. Whoa.

Still, I'm happy I know how to do it now. It'll be fun to experiment with as I gain length. No clue how she makes 2 more side braids though. That takes a lot of hair...

BlazingHeart
October 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Not if you have a mini topsy turvy pony tail thingie. I got a set of two (one large and one mini) I finally figured out how to use that tool!

It's not putting it in that worries me so much as taking it out later. I don't know about you, but if my braid gets roughed up and fuzzy, my sections sometimes try to cling to each other a bit when I'm taking them down. Like, if I wore a riding helmet or a hat, or did athletic stuff. I typically have very slippy hair, but that sort of thing tends to make my braid require a bit of work to remove. Add having to pull sections back through like you'd need to to remove that braid, and...well. I'd be a little nervous.

I guess you could just try to undo the whole thing from bottom to top all at the same time, I guess you wouldn't have to pull sections back through that way.

Tini'sNewHair
October 27th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Thats so cool :D I will have to try it out once i get to waist for sure B-)

MidnightSunlite
October 29th, 2013, 09:18 PM
My hair isn't as silky as hers :( won't come out like that unless its freshly flat ironned