PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2013 Goals

blue_eyes
October 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Hi everyone!

Do any of you have certain goals you've set for yourself to reach by this Christmas? I've just sworn off hair color, and promised myself I won't even think about it until this Christmas. Two months might not seem like a lot of time, but in terms of me not touching my hair with dye that's quite a while! :P I'm so curious to see my natural color poke through, and to see how much length I've gained by Christmas, that it makes me all the more excited for it to get here!

I'm not very good with long term goals (ex. no dye for 2 years!) so I've tried setting mini goals for myself. Anyone doing the same? :)

restless
October 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mini goals are a good way to keep the motivation up :) I remember that when I quit the dye I was also counting months.

For my hair I had one goal this year; reaching BCL for new years (not quite christmas, but almost!) but I dont think its gonna happen. I still have 4-5 cm left (about 2 inches) to go so unless I have a really crazy growt spurt I will be an inch away. Its okay though, IŽll get there eventually ;)

ositarosita
October 26th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mini goal - I hope to be little over half way to APL (if I measure from the front I'm a little over 2" away ... so by Christmas I should only be about 1" away) but if I could make it to APL by Christmas or new years that would be ok with me.

Johannah
October 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Wearing my hair up. Everyday. And not just until Christmas, but until the end of June... Otherwise I'll be touching it too much and I live in a cold area with a lot of rain and wind, and I'll get too much tangles.

And I'll probably be at waist at Christmas with my longest layer! Whoehoe!

shola-faye
October 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
To have reduced my breakage down to zero by regular protein treatments and gentle handling :)

pocketsmall
October 26th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Reach solid waist (I just trimmed back 2 inches above waist) and hopefully reduce my seemingly out of control breakage.

blue_eyes
October 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Wearing my hair up. Everyday. And not just until Christmas, but until the end of June... Otherwise I'll be touching it too much and I live in a cold area with a lot of rain and wind, and I'll get too much tangles.

And I'll probably be at waist at Christmas with my longest layer! Whoehoe!

I'm going to make a 'wear your hair up' goal once my roots start getting really bad! It's going to be tough though, I hate going out in public with my hair up.

Congrats to those reaching (or nearly reaching) waist by the end of December!! :) I think I'll be there by December 2015 :justy: it feels so far away, I hope the time passes quickly.

sarahthegemini
October 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
My goal is to find a simple routine that I can actually stick with. One that will give me soft, smooth, shiny frizz-free hair. I'm almost there ;)

My other goal is to successfully train my scalp to consistently not be greasy on day 3 - again, I'm almost there :)

Johannah
October 26th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I'm going to make a 'wear your hair up' goal once my roots start getting really bad! It's going to be tough though, I hate going out in public with my hair up.

Congrats to those reaching (or nearly reaching) waist by the end of December!! :) I think I'll be there by December 2015 :justy: it feels so far away, I hope the time passes quickly.

I feel your pain! Somehow, I just look a lot younger when I wear my hair up... :confused:

HintOfMint
October 26th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I'm due for a trim sometime in December so my goal is to still be somewhere below tailbone after the trim. I also want to have kept my ends in good condition despite the cold dry air.

My longer term goal is to have decent ends even after winter has had her merry way with my hair. It's been three years of New York winters and not once has my hair survived. It's usually two to three inches that need to be hacked off. This will be the year, I swear. :rolleyes:

sweetinlace
October 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I'm due for a trim in December as well, but before that (and hopefully after) I would like to be at waist with my wavies stretched out.

Brattina88
October 26th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I hoped to be at least reeeally close to BSL, or there ;) lol
So far, so good.

Agnes Hannah
October 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Another inch of growth is my goal, should put me to 22.5 and top of my brastrap!!

earthybee
October 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm really hoping to make it to BSL by Christmas. :o

jacqueline101
October 26th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I have tons of goals for Christmas and the new year.
1 no trims for a month then I will add to it if I succeed
2 keep using my current routine stretch washes
3 non hair related keep clutter free
4 go to college
5 Grow out my damage part
6 maintain my current weight
7 keep my chin up
Most of my goals won't be reached by the end of the year. Maybe the stretch washes and grow out damage. I might keep my current weight. I'm working more eating less.

Long_hair_bear
October 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM
My goal is to not spend too much like I did last Christmas :p

But seriously, just to keep growing with no trims till January. :)

blue_eyes
October 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM
My goal is to not spend too much like I did last Christmas :p

I'm with you on that one! :P

NuclearApple
October 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I want tailbone!its just 2 inches to get there and i'm at a little little little past bcl,i hope so :o

LightSabr
October 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I want APL! I'm an inch and a half away. I don't think I'll make it, but if my ends stay healthy I'll be thrilled!

lapushka
October 26th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I'm going to be nearing hip by Christmas, I guess. So... yeah. That's neat. :D

Magalo
October 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Reaching hips length, I'm not very far and I'm taking a lot of vitamins! Hope I'll get fast growth! :)

chen bao jun
October 26th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I think I might hit bra strap bottom (stretched) by Christmas--I'm saying this even though I just wrote a long post in another thread as to how 'brastrap' is not the best way to express this goal!
I seem to be about an inch away from that.
I still won't like I am even quite APL but that would make me happy.
I'm also trying for mini goals, as a curly I would go stark raving mad if I set waist as my goal--not only would it take years to get there but even more years to LOOK as if I were anywhere near there with my hair in its curly state (actually, I don't think THAT will ever happen).

Applegirl84
October 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Currently I'm an inch past BSL, so I guess I'll be MBL by Christmas :)

aisha.christine
October 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I'd like for my hair to be past the bottom of my bra strap by Christmas. I'm at the top of my strap right now, so I feel like that's a pretty feasible mini-goal. :)

shutterpillar
October 26th, 2013, 06:40 PM
My goal is to reach solid waist. I'm pretty sure i'll make it as long as I don't need any unexpected trims.

NataschaB.
October 26th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I hope my hair will be APL by Christmas. That would be great, because I am almost obsessed with checking my length atm - and by doing that every day, I do not see that much of a difference in the length at all :D

ProverbsGirl
October 26th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I'm hoping for BSL by Christmas *crosses fingers and toes*
I stopped washing daily and heat treatments...months ago.
also just recently switched to washing every 3rd day and only combing. Hoping it helps to give it that last big push!

blue_eyes
October 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I hope my hair will be APL by Christmas. That would be great, because I am almost obsessed with checking my length atm - and by doing that every day, I do not see that much of a difference in the length at all :D

I'm the same! I keep checking my roots to see how much my hair has grown out. I'm sure I look at them 20 times a day, it's terrible lol. It makes the whole process seem so much slower. I just want to forget about my hair and only take a good look at it at the end of December. :P

Rio040113
October 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I was hoping to reach BCL by Christmas/New Years but I doubt I'll make it now, I had to trim recently as my hem was horribly uneven but still, I'd be very happy with another inch or so :) I think my goal will be to keep up with my weekly castor oil scalp massages/treatments, I'm so excited to (hopefully) see my thinned areas fill in, even a little!

blue_eyes
October 26th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I was hoping to reach BCL by Christmas/New Years but I doubt I'll make it now, I had to trim recently as my hem was horribly uneven but still, I'd be very happy with another inch or so :) I think my goal will be to keep up with my weekly castor oil scalp massages/treatments, I'm so excited to (hopefully) see my thinned areas fill in, even a little!

I am just about to get some castor oil after reading so many wonderful things about it. I'm really hoping it'll help grow my hair longer, faster, and thicker!

Rio040113
October 26th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I am just about to get some castor oil after reading so many wonderful things about it. I'm really hoping it'll help grow my hair longer, faster, and thicker!

Good luck with it, I hope you have some success :) It's still very early days for me, I haven't been using it long but I'm cautiously hopeful!

Enrapture
October 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM
My goal - reach waist, but i don't think that's possible, but i hope i will reach it. :)

CurlyCap
October 26th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I'm due for a trim in December, which is going to be hard to work in since it'll be very busy then.

Other than that, stay the course, I think.

Tail Feathers
October 27th, 2013, 12:08 AM
I am honing in on classic.... so my goals, to try to reach it healthily, for now,
are: continue stretching washes and wear (every day) protective up-dos.
That is what I've been doing since joining, am now at about 100 days straight of
wearing hair up. I also started oiling before washes since I came here.
I have seen several inches of the healthiest, fastest growth I've ever had....
So.. Not sure if I can make classic by Christmas, but I will likely come pretty close...

Aingeal
October 27th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Make it to waist stretched and middle back curly.

millyaulait
October 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM
I'd like my hair to feel 'normal' by then, less rough & more silky. It will take some work but I will get there. :)

Ashflower89
October 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM
My goal is technically to never touch hair dye again(check my blog in my sig to see why), so I guess making it to Christmas/New Years would be somewhat of a milestone. It's nothing I have control over, but I'm hoping by Christmas that my hair is dangling a little lower than my jaw. I'm growing my natural color out without any trims or cuts, and swearing off dye too, so I find it helps to split everything up in 6 month intervals to keep me motivated. This month was 6 months dye free for me! Next month will be 6 months post pixie growout.

blue_eyes
October 27th, 2013, 08:44 AM
My goal is technically to never touch hair dye again(check my blog in my sig to see why), so I guess making it to Christmas/New Years would be somewhat of a milestone. It's nothing I have control over, but I'm hoping by Christmas that my hair is dangling a little lower than my jaw. I'm growing my natural color out without any trims or cuts, and swearing off dye too, so I find it helps to split everything up in 6 month intervals to keep me motivated. This month was 6 months dye free for me! Next month will be 6 months post pixie growout.

That's wonderful! And a huge inspiration for me since I've officially given up dye as of this week. I don't have the guts to cut it into a pixie though, so I think I'll be dealing with some ugly roots for at least a year (assuming my hair grows 1 inch a month).
I'm going to be reading your blog as I drink my Sunday morning tea :D

butterfly_dream
October 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I hope to make it to tailbone, but I have to cut off at least 1 inch of scraggly ends. :headache:

SleepyTangles
October 27th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Reach waist is my dream, but I think it won't be "solid" waist, maybe brushing it... expecially since I'm not gonna skip my monthly dusting, since my other dream is to remove the little deal of split ends/white spots I'm seeing on my ends.

Also, also: experimenting with areetha and other herbs, end that shampoo I didn't like so much and trying to do my own contitioner/shampoo.

Ashflower89
October 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
That's wonderful! And a huge inspiration for me since I've officially given up dye as of this week. I don't have the guts to cut it into a pixie though, so I think I'll be dealing with some ugly roots for at least a year (assuming my hair grows 1 inch a month).
I'm going to be reading your blog as I drink my Sunday morning tea :D

=D Thanks for checking it out blue_eyes. I only did the pixie because I did one before and knew it worked out, and I guess I get kind of OCD about two-toned hair and roots growing. Theres still a good 5-6 inches of lighter hair on my head, but its close enough to my natural color that I'm trying to ignore it lol. Good luck with swearing off dye! I went dye-free for 16 months last year before another goofup and it was SO wonderful not to have to worry about fading, root touchups, or any of that crap.

blue_eyes
October 27th, 2013, 10:23 AM
=D Thanks for checking it out blue_eyes. I only did the pixie because I did one before and knew it worked out, and I guess I get kind of OCD about two-toned hair and roots growing. Theres still a good 5-6 inches of lighter hair on my head, but its close enough to my natural color that I'm trying to ignore it lol. Good luck with swearing off dye! I went dye-free for 16 months last year before another goofup and it was SO wonderful not to have to worry about fading, root touchups, or any of that crap.

Reading your blog was like reliving my own hair history. I've done so many of the same things as you (the black dye, the red, the bleaching...the only thing I never did was cut it.) Plus I'm about to turn 24, so I guess we were doing all these things to our hair around the same time as one another! haha XD I'd get my hair to a nice dark brown and then be like "No, I'm meant to be blonde!" bleach it, have it look awful, and then be like "what was I thinking? I'm meant to have BLACK hair!"...and dye it black, only to realize I look washed out (because I'm quite pale), and try to get it to fade to a nice dark brown again (and then want to be blonde...) I think I've been repeating that cycle for about 8 years...enough is enough!

I can't wait to see more pictures as your hair continues to grow out! It's very inspirational. It's always nice to know you aren't going through something alone :P

bunzfan
October 27th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Somewhere between hip and bcl and I'd be happy.

Ashflower89
October 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Reading your blog was like reliving my own hair history. I've done so many of the same things as you (the black dye, the red, the bleaching...the only thing I never did was cut it.) Plus I'm about to turn 24, so I guess we were doing all these things to our hair around the same time as one another! haha XD I'd get my hair to a nice dark brown and then be like "No, I'm meant to be blonde!" bleach it, have it look awful, and then be like "what was I thinking? I'm meant to have BLACK hair!"...and dye it black, only to realize I look washed out (because I'm quite pale), and try to get it to fade to a nice dark brown again (and then want to be blonde...) I think I've been repeating that cycle for about 8 years...enough is enough!

I can't wait to see more pictures as your hair continues to grow out! It's very inspirational. It's always nice to know you aren't going through something alone :P

UGH it's like were brain twins lol. I went through that phase so many times too, telling myself I was "meant" to be one color or another, or that a certain color "complimented my skin tone best" or my eyes or whatever. The dying started off as just something fun to do, then became an obsession to find my "perfect shade", when all along it was my own natural color. If you did go through my blog, then you saw I had issues being washed out with the black like you too. And my poors eyebrows! They were invisible lol. I wouldn't beat myself up so much about the dying if I hadn't already sworn off dying last year and gone a whole 16 months dye free. The fact that I made shoulder length all-natural hair, and then decided to dye AFTER the fact, is just like.. "wtf was i doing!!"

I can't stop measuring my hair or looking at it under a light for the growout, so you will definitely see a new picture on the 1st of every month since I can't stop obsessing over it. Glad someone is interested in watching it grow out again. =)

blue_eyes
October 27th, 2013, 11:16 AM
UGH it's like were brain twins lol. I went through that phase so many times too, telling myself I was "meant" to be one color or another, or that a certain color "complimented my skin tone best" or my eyes or whatever. The dying started off as just something fun to do, then became an obsession to find my "perfect shade", when all along it was my own natural color. If you did go through my blog, then you saw I had issues being washed out with the black like you too. And my poors eyebrows! They were invisible lol. I wouldn't beat myself up so much about the dying if I hadn't already sworn off dying last year and gone a whole 16 months dye free. The fact that I made shoulder length all-natural hair, and then decided to dye AFTER the fact, is just like.. "wtf was i doing!!"

I can't stop measuring my hair or looking at it under a light for the growout, so you will definitely see a new picture on the 1st of every month since I can't stop obsessing over it. Glad someone is interested in watching it grow out again. =)

I actually let out a little cry of "oh nooooooooooooooo!" when I saw that you'd dyed your hair again after growing your natural hair to shoulder length! I haven't had any natural hair in 10 years, but I've definitely had my share of "WHY did I do that?!" moments (mostly after damaging my hair with bleach, only to dye it dark and end up with the same colour I started with + 100x more damage) :wail: I think the problem is that I have always wanted light blonde hair (I'm naturally a level 7 blonde), and I was going take my virgin hair (when I was 14) and go blonder, which would have been easy. But being insecure and going into high school I was worried about other girls being catty about it (stupid reason in retrospect), so I went red instead and kept it for 4 years before attempting to go blonde (which turned out orange), and then dying it black to cover that. So once I've got my long virgin hair back I will at least have the option of going blonder...although you made a good point saying that it's wonderful not to worry about roots & fading, so who knows. Anyway I've got about 2 years to decide :P

I'm doing the same thing in terms of looking at my growout in the light and measuring, although I'm trying to ignor it until Christmas. I've only got half an inch but I'm excited about it :P It's a start! Someday we'll both have long, gorgeous, natural hair! :D

Ashflower89
October 27th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I actually let out a little cry of "oh nooooooooooooooo!" when I saw that you'd dyed your hair again after growing your natural hair to shoulder length! I haven't had any natural hair in 10 years, but I've definitely had my share of "WHY did I do that?!" moments (mostly after damaging my hair with bleach, only to dye it dark and end up with the same colour I started with + 100x more damage) :wail: I think the problem is that I have always wanted light blonde hair (I'm naturally a level 7 blonde), and I was going take my virgin hair (when I was 14) and go blonder, which would have been easy. But being insecure and going into high school I was worried about other girls being catty about it (stupid reason in retrospect), so I went red instead and kept it for 4 years before attempting to go blonde (which turned out orange), and then dying it black to cover that. So once I've got my long virgin hair back I will at least have the option of going blonder...although you made a good point saying that it's wonderful not to worry about roots & fading, so who knows. Anyway I've got about 2 years to decide :P

I'm doing the same thing in terms of looking at my growout in the light and measuring, although I'm trying to ignor it until Christmas. I've only got half an inch but I'm excited about it :P It's a start! Someday we'll both have long, gorgeous, natural hair! :D

Yeah! We can be growing buddies! LOL. Have you thought about making a blog or even just a photo album to watch your progress?

blue_eyes
October 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah! We can be growing buddies! LOL. Have you thought about making a blog or even just a photo album to watch your progress?

I haven't really thought about it, I'm very lazy when it comes to taking photos...although it would be nice to see the progress. Looking through the pics on your blog was a lot of fun haha. Maybe I'll make an effort and actually take some pics.

I can't believe how many people here are reaching waist or hip this winter! That's incredible! :)

cathair
October 27th, 2013, 01:04 PM
My longest fairy tale end is just about BCL stretched. I would like it to be absolutely certainly BCL stretched by xmas, I don't think that is out of the way :)

Still hard to tell what length most of it is unstretched cause the FTE are so many different lengths and it depends on how curly it is that day. I think there is enough hair to say mostly past waist, I would like to be mostly hip length, but that may be pushing my luck ;)

pogo0685
October 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM
My goal is to get to hip by New Years. I am really close, my longest group of fairy tale ends is past hip now so I just need the rest to catch up. I had a major shed this year (had a baby I expected it) so my ends are not looking so great. I am hoping that I will be at hip this year, trim a bit and then make tailbone next year.

Flor
October 28th, 2013, 01:11 AM
My goal is to not cut or trim until the end of the year. I've never payed close attention to how fast (or slow) my hair grows and I wanna see where will it get in a few months.

ExpectoPatronum
October 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM
My original goal was to be at waist on Christmas, but I did the big chop about a month ago to get rid of old damage and to get rid of layers. My new goal, which may be a bit of a stretch, is to be at around BSL again. For me, that's about 2.5 inches from where I'm at currently. Realistically, I could probably get 1.5-2 inches of growth between now and then, so fingers crossed!

Misschilly
October 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I wish for waist this cristmas..=)

coconutinsight
October 28th, 2013, 08:21 AM
My christmas goal was waist but that isn'tgoing to happen so I hope for MBL (27inches) :)

katelinn
October 28th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I wish to get alot closer to hip for Christmas, so no trims for me. I might do a search and destroy in Dec. though.

MissAlida
October 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I hope to reach shoulder length by Christmas. Once I'm at solid shoulder length, I'll get a trim to freshen up my ends (my hair is growing out from a layered A line bob, so it's longer in the front). I'll also do henna around Christmas. Then I'm off to APL. This time I'm loving the growing out process. :)

patienceneeded
October 28th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I'd like to reach waist again by Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath. It's possible to get there, but not very probable.

Ambystoma
October 28th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I'd love to hit tailbone, even if it's only by a whisker. It's only 3 inches but I've had a stall recently so who knows. I'll definitely be BCL by then, that's only 1 inch away :)

Ashflower89
October 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I'd love to hit tailbone, even if it's only by a whisker. It's only 3 inches but I've had a stall recently so who knows. I'll definitely be BCL by then, that's only 1 inch away :)

What is BCL? I tried to get familiar with all the abbreviations but I don't know that one. =S

0xalis
October 28th, 2013, 10:42 PM
APL stretched. I don't think that's gonna happen but it'd be great.

And, Ashflower, BCL is "butt crack length". I didn't get it at first, either! lol~

Ashflower89
October 28th, 2013, 11:09 PM
APL stretched. I don't think that's gonna happen but it'd be great.

And, Ashflower, BCL is "butt crack length". I didn't get it at first, either! lol~

OHHH lol. Seems like thats way too close to tail bone to be its own milestone?

nakima
October 28th, 2013, 11:41 PM
my goal is to reach hip by christmas and looks like I'll make it, I'm just grazing it right now. Had a little stall awhile back got me a little worried but I think its all good now.Im at 32 1/2 inches right now so 1 more inch to go and then on to tailbone!:joy:

Ambystoma
October 29th, 2013, 02:22 AM
OHHH lol. Seems like thats way too close to tail bone to be its own milestone?

Yeah it kinda is, but I'll take all the milestones I can get! :laugh:

XcaliburGirl
October 29th, 2013, 06:08 AM
My goal is to not trim. Also, I want to avoid taking any length pictures until December 31st. My goal for next year is to take pictures quarterly, on quarter end, without any in between. That way they will all be evenly spaced.

RubberDucky
October 29th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'm hoping my hair will be long enough so my ears will be fully covered by Christmas. Need about an inch to get there.

clioariane
October 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
My goal is to not buy any new hair products until January. I have 2 bottles of shampoo and conditioner I want to finish before buying anything unnecessary :)

mariakatija
October 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM
My goal is to reach BSL when wearing my sports bras. They fit longer for some reason than my regular bras.

lunalocks
October 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM
BCL by the end of the year. I think I'll make it!

LauraLongLocks
October 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm too far away from waist (29.5" now, and 32.5" is waist) to make it there by Christmas, but I think I can make and keep a goal of wearing my hair up every day until Christmas. I'll vary between parted and non-parted, and high and low, so my hair doesn't break from same-style-stress. On Christmas I'll take picture of my length. I've been an every-3-month trimmer for about 3 years, but I'm beginning to think I may not actually NEED to trim quite that often. My last trim was over 6 weeks ago. So, I'll wait until after Christmas to evaluate the need for another trim. S&D is still in full use, however. ;)

Tini'sNewHair
October 29th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I dont have any :( My hair is not long enough to reach waist by then (the plan is to be waist by May 2014 when i reach my 2 year anniversary and im BSL now)...

Oh wait, i just thought of one. I should STOP brushing it as soon as i finish washing it because even tho i'm gentle and use the wide tooth comb, i feel like im losing to much hair still and i should wait until my hair is a bit dryer... hmmm yeah, there you go thats a goal set :)

alishaxmarie
October 29th, 2013, 09:35 PM
My Goals for Christmas 2013:
1.) Wear hair in braids or an updo every single day (unless there's a special occasion)
2.) Learn updos and practice braids!
3.) Keep up BBB-ing, S&D-ing, and monthly protein treatments (maybe even bi-weekly)
4.) Eat more protein!
5.) ~Reach full on waist length~

Majormiles
October 30th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I'm hoping for bsl by Christmas, although I am due my four monthly trimeay December, depending on the condition of my hair I might try to stretch to five months!!

emilia1992
October 30th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I'm hoping to consistently stretch my washes to once every 2 days (currently I shampoo everyday). :D

Liz_park
October 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
My goal is a solid APL by Christmas! At the moment there are a few hairs reaching APL, but I plan on doing a 1/2 inch trim at Christmas time, and I hope to be APL post-trim.

Long term goals: grow out the last of my layers, continue to improve the quality of my hair, and grow to waist over the next few years! Yay!

GrowingGlory
October 30th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I hope to reach BSL by Christmas. I am almost there!

millyaulait
October 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I hope to find a shampoo that doesn't make my scalp itchy or irritated, as well as not drying out my hair and making it feel like straw. :rolleyes:

askan
October 30th, 2013, 02:16 PM
My goal is to not trim before Christmas, I think.. I had planned on trimming in the midde of December but if I can wait until after Christmas I'll be happy and hopefully be able to do something cool with my lenghts for Christmas parties and New Year's! Anyway last time I went 4 months without trimming my ends were a disaster so if it gets too bad I'll just go get a trim earlier.

Accalia
October 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'm aiming for BCL... almost there, though my growth rate seems very unpredictable.

MaryMarx
October 30th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I will reach APL. :) I'm there stretched now, even past APL, but I think two more months will get me there on second day hair, which is my compromise between brushing-shoulder-when-curly and past-apl-when-stretched. ;)

alexis917
October 30th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I know waist isn't going to happen, but I'll just go for "past BSL"...
I've finally gotten to BSL, and now I just want it longer!!

Ingrid
October 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
My goals:

1. Learn one updo a week!
2. Try NW/SO method in hopes of reducing shedding!

Trying to keep my goals realistic...

mariakatija
October 30th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I know waist isn't going to happen, but I'll just go for "past BSL"...
I've finally gotten to BSL, and now I just want it longer!!

I feel you. I want to be able to call my hair MBL.

Also, another goal I have is to stretch my washes to once a week! Now I'm at every 5 days and it's a bit oily.

Lyv
October 30th, 2013, 11:28 PM
My realistic goal would be to be able to put my bangs back in my bun without pinning them back, my unrealistic goal is to get to waist by christmas :grin:

maskedrose
October 30th, 2013, 11:35 PM
I'm due for a trim sometime in December so my goal is to still be somewhere below tailbone after the trim. I also want to have kept my ends in good condition despite the cold dry air.

My longer term goal is to have decent ends even after winter has had her merry way with my hair. It's been three years of New York winters and not once has my hair survived. It's usually two to three inches that need to be hacked off. This will be the year, I swear. :rolleyes:

Oh, I hear you on this one. I went through two NY winters, and they were HELL on my hair. I also had to hack off 2-3 inches every spring. I've just moved back to WA, and my hair is so much happier. I might actually be able to get away with not trimming for a year...I would love to see some serious growth!

My goal for Christmas is to be halfway between waist and hip. That is definitely doable. Hip would be nice, but unless I get a major growth spurt it isn't going to happen. More protein!

ShieldMayden
October 31st, 2013, 09:40 AM
My goal?
Have my shortest layers hit my shoulders (haaaaaaaaaaate these stupid layers!).

ShieldMayden
October 31st, 2013, 09:42 AM
My goal?
Have my shortest layers hit my shoulders (haaaaaaaaaaate these stupid layers!).

bunzfan
October 31st, 2013, 09:47 AM
Oh, I hear you on this one. I went through two NY winters, and they were HELL on my hair. I also had to hack off 2-3 inches every spring. I've just moved back to WA, and my hair is so much happier. I might actually be able to get away with not trimming for a year...I would love to see some serious growth!

My goal for Christmas is to be halfway between waist and hip. That is definitely doable. Hip would be nice, but unless I get a major growth spurt it isn't going to happen. More protein!

My hair has been growing like a absolute weed because ive been eating alot of protein ;) i've been saying all week eggs and peanut butter or even tuna as that's pretty cheap ive gone back to cones as, when i went cone free and it got past waist it went all horrid and wispy and splitty i'm hoping the cones help protect it more and i'm going on a no trim year after nearly 2 years of maintaining at waist :rolleyes:

blue_eyes
November 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
How are everyone's goals coming along? There's not much time left! :)

Hairitic
November 14th, 2013, 11:36 AM
My one and only hair goal is to reach (healthy hair) TBL by Christmas (or the new year) :p Currently 1/2-3/4" away. I think I'll make it. :) :cheer:

sabrinaclrke
November 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
My goal is hopefully to get to BSL by Christmas :)
I'm not 100% sure where that is since I tend to never wear a bra, but I have an idea :) haha

KellieMai
November 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM
My goal is to get to 35 inches by Christmas, and for my finge to stay in my ponytail :)

chen bao jun
November 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
My goal is to get to bra strap bottom, stretched, by Christmas. I have about an inch to go. I might make it--I grow about 3/4 inch a month and that's a little more than a month. But then again, I might not.
My ultimate goal is to look like my hair is brastrap. I figure that will be at about waist and take another 18 months, but I can wait. I've done almost 18 months already.

vikavegan_fr
November 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
My goal is to stick with micro-trimming technique and even maybe stop at my current length which is mid back so that I could gain more thickness during one year. If I could get thicker ends, it would be so awesome :)

TheVegan6
November 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
My goal is to find my favorite conditioner in this place. My favorite store to buy things at stopped selling it, now I have to go do something! Why, why, WHY! WHY must you have done this to ME! You know I don't like going to new stores!:cheese:

blue_eyes
December 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
So Christmas is just about here! Did you reach your goals? Make any new ones?

Marry Christmas/ Happy Holidays everyone!! :)

MissAlida
December 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I haven't posted here before, but today I washed my hair, and realized that I have reached my goal set for Christmas. My hair is shoulder length curly.I am so happy. My hair has been growing since the end of august, when I cut it from a very thin BSL to a nice looking chin length bob. I hope to reach APL by the beginning of summer. :D

restless
December 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
For my hair I had one goal this year; reaching BCL for new years (not quite christmas, but almost!) but I dont think its gonna happen. I still have 4-5 cm left (about 2 inches) to go so unless I have a really crazy growt spurt I will be an inch away. Its okay though, IŽll get there eventually ;)

I didnt quite reach my goal... When my hair is wet I still have an inch left before BCL so yeah.. Im still a couple of months away. Couldve been a bit closer but I microtrimmed away about half an inch the other month to even up my hemline a little.

NuclearApple
December 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Well,i wanted tailbone and i got apl :D

Tail Feathers
December 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM
i came really really close,
with my very tips touching classic.... so, now, i'll work on making my
u-hemline a blunt one. . . .
happy holidays to all !

HintOfMint
December 25th, 2013, 10:56 PM

Well, Christmas has come and nearly gone (at least for the west coast), and a mixed fulfillment of my goals. My ends are in decent shape thanks to frequent SMTs, but I didn't manage to get a hair appointment until January, so it's hard to say where I'll be after the trim. Ah well.

Agnes Hannah
December 26th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Another inch of growth is my goal, should put me to 22.5 and top of my brastrap!!

Yay I did it!!