PDA

View Full Version : Help, I moved and now my hair is greasy

excentricat
October 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I just moved to a new state, and my perfect hair routine is now leaving me greasy much faster.

I was washing twice a week, shampoo only on the scalp, conditioner only on the ends. Shampoo alternated between a sulfate one and sulfate-free. Conditioner was cone free. If my ends started feeling dry, often in colder months, I would add some oil or panacea to my braid tassel at night.

I *think* my new area has slightly less hard water than my old area, but not by much. My hair now looks greasy if I don't wash every other day. Has anyone experienced this? Is this something that is likely to work its self out, or do you think I am going to need to adjust my routine? And if you think an adjustment is necessary, what would you suggest?

Peggy E.
October 26th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Your hair will probably adjust to the new climate - you didn't say if you moved from a colder to a warmer location, but if it is creating greasier hair more quickly, I'm rather assuming this may be the case?

Try washing it a bit more often at first, and then slowly stretch the washings out until you are back to a more comfortable routine. You might want to use a lighter shampoo and conditioner, as well.

excentricat
October 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks, Peggy E. Actually I didn't change climate, that would have been so much easier to blame. Stress of moving might have triggered it too though.

WilfredAllen
October 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I don't know, but I've been wanting to tell how much I love your avatar

good luck :(

Mainesongbird
October 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Washing more often may trigger your scalp to create more oil, I have the same issue and Psssst is my friend! =)

excentricat
October 28th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks WilfredAllen and Mainesongbird. I've got some time to be greasy if I want right now, so I may just see if it works it's self out short term and if it's still bad in a couple weeks I'll start experimenting again.