PDA

View Full Version : Needing a shampoo change

sunflowersmiles
October 25th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I am looking for a good sulfate and/or silicone free shampoo. I have used Aqua Light by Pantene and liked it, but I was wondering if there are any other reasonable priced ones that are good. I have seen that Herbal Essences makes a couple and I wondered if they were any good.

Long_hair_bear
October 25th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I like Natures Gate, but it depends on what you mean by "reasonably priced." It was about $8 for my bottle. :)

sunflowersmiles
October 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM
It takes me several months to go through a bottle of shampoo, so for me that would be reasonable.

AspenSong
October 25th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Depending on what you want to pay....I know I personally really love Natures Gate. I'm using a Burt Bees one right now and I actually like it a lot as well, it's great smelling! But I'm sure I'll go back to the NG in the end. The Awapuhi one is my fave, if even just for smell. It's yummy. :) The Giovanni ones aren't bad...just my hair doesn't personally love them.

HintOfMint
October 25th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Looking at your edit, I see that you mean a sulfate shampoo that's silicone free? If so, I would highly recommend the ones by Herbal Essences. I like the pink rosehips shampoo, it's really lovely.

biogirl87
October 26th, 2013, 02:33 AM
HintOfMint, I do not where you live, but in the United States, many if not most lines of Herbal Essences shampoo have dimethicone in them.

sunflowersmiles, this is something you may wish to consider. If your hair does not mind the use of silicones and you are fine with using sulfates in your shampoo, I do not think you can find a shampoo that is more conditioning than Herbal Essences. When I used shampoos with sulfates and silicones in them, I used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship shampoo and really liked it.

Panth
October 26th, 2013, 02:55 AM
If you want a shampoo that is silicone-free, then basically chose just about any clear shampoo. Generally, the pearlescent ones contain cones and the clear ones don't.

vindo
October 26th, 2013, 04:33 AM
My favorites are Earthly Delight ( makes hair very slippery), or Aubrey Organics. I don't use much of it so it lasts at least 6 months. Especially ED which is about 11 USD.
Atm I use Sante Shampoo (SO), which cleanses well but is very mild.

bunzfan
October 26th, 2013, 06:36 AM
I really like neutrogena healthy hair and scalp shampoo.

starlamelissa
October 26th, 2013, 07:21 AM
anything clear and non pearl-y will be silicone free in my experience. if you love (and can afford) aqua light, why change?

Jerimi
October 26th, 2013, 08:51 AM
*removing my posts.*

renia22
October 26th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I am looking for a good sulfate and/or silicone free shampoo. I have used Aqua Light by Pantene and liked it, but I was wondering if there are any other reasonable priced ones that are good. I have seen that Herbal Essences makes a couple and I wondered if they were any good.

Some similar ones to the one you like (some already mentioned by others and I am seconding) that aren't too expensive are:

Clairol's smooth & shine collections (the 'retro' pink & yellow ones)
Neutrogena clean replenishing (CVS carries it)
Finesse volumizing (hard to find in stores, but drugstore.com carries it, as do some mom & pop-type grocery stores)

sunflowersmiles
October 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I found some Natures Gate shampoo for half off, so I am going to try it out. If I don't like it, I can always go pick up some Pantene. I like to try new things out, especially when it comes to my hair.