PDA

View Full Version : Help with hair typing?

Misschilly
October 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Hi girls,

Today I've CO and then air dried my hair without touching, here's the result!

Would you mind help with my hair typing?

Thank you so much!

I think I'm ??-http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Camilla_Abrahamsson/DSC_0027_zpsd00ded0b.jpg F-M/i

i

Panth
October 24th, 2013, 12:36 PM
2a? Going by the photos here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116252).

jupiterinleo
October 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I'd say a 1c/2a. Your hair looks a lot like mine.

Anje
October 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'd call it 2a. Looks nice!

Misschilly
October 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Thank you girls! I walk around here thinking my hair is straight..it seems so after I've detangled my air dried hair..but something seems to be hiding in there..;)

I think I'm f-m/ii in the other classifications, can that be right?=)

jupiterinleo
October 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you girls! I walk around here thinking my hair is straight..it seems so after I've detangled my air dried hair..but something seems to be hiding in there..;)

I think I'm f-m/ii in the other classifications, can that be right?=)

Your hair looks like it might be fine, and possibly a ii thickness, though thickness is harder to tell from pictures sometimes. Have you done the ponytail circumference measurement? That's pretty much the way to go with that.

Misschilly
October 24th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Your hair looks like it might be fine, and possibly a ii thickness, though thickness is harder to tell from pictures sometimes. Have you done the ponytail circumference measurement? That's pretty much the way to go with that.

Yeah I guess I was a bit optimistic with the M part..:P I'm from scandinavia after all;) But I don't think my hair is really really fine, it has two structures I think=) Yeah my ponytail (withut bangs) is 8 cm so ii should be right!

jupiterinleo
October 24th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Yeah I guess I was a bit optimistic with the M part..:P I'm from scandinavia after all;) But I don't think my hair is really really fine, it has two structures I think=) Yeah my ponytail (withut bangs) is 8 cm so ii should be right!

(totally had to use my phone to get a metric conversion, hahaha)
So ii is about right, then. I'd say it's safe to go for a F/M, maybe? The finer side of an M.
Also, if everyone else is saying you're a 2a, I might be one too! Haha. We have the exact same hair, except mine is without a doubt a iii thickness.

Rio040113
October 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
You already have plenty of answers but FWIW, I second (third/fourth/fifth) the 2a suggestion :) Lovely waves!

stachelbeere
October 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I actually think this is 1c... ;)

on 2nd thought - I had a closer look at your ends and I change my mind; 20-ing the 2a

Misschilly
October 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM
(totally had to use my phone to get a metric conversion, hahaha)
So ii is about right, then. I'd say it's safe to go for a F/M, maybe? The finer side of an M.
Also, if everyone else is saying you're a 2a, I might be one too! Haha. We have the exact same hair, except mine is without a doubt a iii thickness.

I'm trying to learn to think in inches! =) If we have the same hair..what's your best routine? Is there any thread for us?=)

Misschilly
October 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
You already have plenty of answers but FWIW, I second (third/fourth/fifth) the 2a suggestion :) Lovely waves!

Thanks, I dont know were my waves comes from..my grand grandmother I think! Haven't seen them, Maybe I should learn how to take care of them so I can be both straight and wavy!?=)

Rio040113
October 24th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks, I dont know were my waves comes from..my grand grandmother I think! Haven't seen them, Maybe I should learn how to take care of them so I can be both straight and wavy!?=)

You're lucky, your hair really is lovely :) I'm always a little jealous of the wavies/wurlies/curlies on LHC :p

lapushka
October 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I'd say 1c/2a.

Firefox7275
October 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'd say 1c, everyone with 2a hair that I know from wavy or curly hair communities has more pouf/ fluff in their hair as does the visual typing on Naturallycurly.

lapushka
October 24th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'd say 1c, everyone with 2a hair that I know from wavy or curly hair communities has more pouf/ fluff in their hair as does the visual typing on Naturallycurly.

I said 1c/2a, but I'm leaning towards the 1c more. Forgot to mention that. I'm a 2a and have a little more body and wave in my hair.

biogirl87
October 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Misschilly, I think you are a 1c, maybe a 2a.

Misschilly
October 25th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Thanks girls, I'm starting to get an idea where I belong..Do you think it matters that I CO and didn't poo?

Misschilly
October 25th, 2013, 05:41 AM
You're lucky, your hair really is lovely :) I'm always a little jealous of the wavies/wurlies/curlies on LHC :p

Thank you!

jupiterinleo
October 25th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm trying to learn to think in inches! =) If we have the same hair..what's your best routine? Is there any thread for us?=)

I used to do CO but it was too heavy/moisturizing for my fine hair. I'm back to shampoo/conditioner once a week and that honestly works best for me. I like my waves so I don't really comb my hair for a couple days (I do fingercomb, though) as I just wear it down. Later in the week I start putting it up so I use a brush (combs are bit rough for me, just a personal preference). Everyone's hair reacts differently to things, so just play around until you find something that works. It looks like CO works for you!