do this between each large twist.
It really locks it in, to the point where, depending on hair texture,
no tie is needed at the end!

Peggy E.
October 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Will have to try this. Thanks!

Valkyriejae
October 24th, 2013, 08:33 AM
If someone with a youtube channel could make a video tutorial for this I (and probably the other visual learners) would be SO HAPPY :)

Neecola
October 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Sounds like that would work great for updos where you don't want to see the hair tie at the end. Thanks for sharing proo!

wildkratt
October 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
For the two smaller pieces, do you mean cross them over around the other two larger pieces? Also, are these two smaller pieces derived from the original two? Thanks.

vindo
October 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
How many hands does one need for this? :lol:

AmyBeth
October 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Say what?:hmm:

GoldenSilk
October 25th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Do you mean, take a small amount of each half of the hair and switch the small amount to the other half of the twist? If so, sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't have thought to do that with each crossover to stabilize the braid, but I can see how it would help, especially for curlier hair than mine. I sometimes do a similar manuever when one strand of a braid is too big, and Torrin Paige has a tutorial for doing something similar for starting an English braid at the nape, so that it doesn't sag.

Rio040113
October 25th, 2013, 12:32 AM
I'm lost ;D video tutoriallll?! :)

Neecola
October 25th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Do you mean, take a small amount of each half of the hair and switch the small amount to the other half of the twist? If so, sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't have thought to do that with each crossover to stabilize the braid, but I can see how it would help, especially for curlier hair than mine. I sometimes do a similar manuever when one strand of a braid is too big, and Torrin Paige has a tutorial for doing something similar for starting an English braid at the nape, so that it doesn't sag.

This is what I pictured by the description too. The small amounts pulled from the "inner" sides of the two main pieces and "switched".

Sagi1982
October 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
proo, did you mean something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbgNUijUv0 ?

proo
October 27th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Yes, Goldensilk and Neecola -
take the 2 smaller pieces from each larger piece and cross them over just each other,
not the larger pieces,
in the same direction of the larger twists.
It stabilizes the interior of the twist.
I think I invented something.