PDA

View Full Version : Favorite long hair sports

jera
September 5th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I don't know if anyone here is interested in a sports thread, but there are some sports that feature athletes with longer and more beautiful hair than you'd usually see on an athlete.
This weekend is the semi finals and finals of the U.S. Open tennis championships. Tennis is my alll time favorite long hair sport. I just the long hairstyles the guys and women display, whether it's thick ponytails or sweatband secured Geronimo style. I can't get enough of it.

On the mens's side I love Feliciano Lopez's hair, Igor Andreev, and Rafa Nadal. Roger Federer has gorgeous thick chestnut hair too, which I'm partial too because that's my color.

On the women's side, well take your pick !:) I can't choose. Women in tennis have the longest, strongest, and healthiest hair I've ever seen. I can never decide who has the best. Maybe Elena Dementiava?

Any thoughts or opinions on the subject, post em here. :eyebrows: Vote for your favorite.

Amara
September 5th, 2008, 11:54 AM
If you've ever bellydanced hip hop tribal style... well, I'd consider that a sport. Hah! And bellydancers "sport" some of the longest, coolest hair around.

Chromis
September 5th, 2008, 12:02 PM
At first I thought this was going to be more like the sport of swinging hair quickly out of the way of closing car doors or wisp management in wind or other such long haired "sports"! :lol:

Darkhorse1
September 5th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Anna Kornukova has GORGEOUS hair! I couldn't believe how long/thick it was and how she managed to play tennis with that. She's the last athlete I saw with really long hair--outside of Danica Patrick---the race car driver, and I think she's cut hers since, which bummed me out because I liked seeing female athletes with long hair (I have long hair and I guess I'm athletic as I show horses/ride/coach/train)

florenonite
September 5th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Not quite the same thing, but I do like the way long hair looks during ceilidh dancing (Scottish country dancing) because there's lots of spinning about involved.

jera
September 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Anna Kournikova did have incredibly, thick, gorgeous LONG hair. I used to watch her tennis matches just to watch that braid of hers swing around. I envy hair like that. .... sigh.......

longhairedfairy
September 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I saw a woman or two running in the Olympics with longer hair than is "typical." It was very pretty, but I couldn't stand to have my hair down when I'm getting sweaty.
I looooove ballet, belly, and other kinds of dance.

jessie58
September 5th, 2008, 07:38 PM
There are a few male soccer and rugby players with long hair that particularly stand out and I love to watch them run with their hair flying in the wind.:eyebrows: