PDA

View Full Version : Should I get bangs? (pics)

bunnylake
October 23rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1377366_376580605808982_1805977175_n.jpg

Here I am currently without bangs... and several years ago with bangs. I'm a little bored of my hair style lately and I'm wondering if I should consider bangs again... I would want them to be long enough that I can brush them to the side if I want, but I'm afraid the rest of my hair is so long and straight that they won't "blend in" well and will just look weird.
Do you think bangs look good with butt-length hair? Or will it look weird?

Jenny31557
October 23rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
I think you look beautiful both with and without bangs, although I personally prefer without bangs. :)

shutterpillar
October 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
I vote bangs. I think they bring out your eyes. :)

Lyv
October 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
You look great either way but I'd vote no bangs. Too much upkeep and growing them out is a pain, I'm growing mine out and feeling very anti-bang at the moment so I'm a little biased :smirk:

SleepyTangles
October 23rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Bangs are handy: they mask many little flaws. Still, you have a very beautiful face, and when something is so symmetrical its a bit a shame to cover it up! Just my two cents, but I vote without bangs!

I think choppy bangs don't always "blend" into very long hair, still is more a matter to cut them right than the angle or lenght of the bangs in itself... personally, I'd never be without some bangs to cover my big and squared forehead, so its not important to me.

coconutinsight
October 23rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Bangs! They really suit you!

Rio040113
October 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
I think you look beautiful with/without but I do prefer you with the bangs :) I love bangs, they're great for a change when you don't want to lose any real length and they're so versatile, you can have a lot of fun styling them or let them settle naturally :D I think straight/blunt bangs (like in your picture) look awesome with long straight hair, I'm Hip+ at the minute and I love my bangs!

Almendra
October 23rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
You look really beautiful with both. If I have to vote, I'll do it for bangs. But I had bangs many times and it's really a chore. I know I look '' better'' with them, but, in the other hand I feel more comfortable without them. And, you know, you can always buy one of those clip-in bangs to use it whenever you want (this is what I'd like to do)

prettyinpink
October 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Your so pretty! i dont think you should get bangs

rainfortheend
October 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
You can always fake sideswept bangs so there's no painful grow-out later on. Your ponytail circumference will stay the same and you can switch it up for bang and bang-free looks.

(I posted this in the other thread, too, but I think more people should know that this exists. I know a lot of people who have cut bangs and regret it later, myself included, when they could get the same look without cutting.)

What you do is part your hair way off to the side. Then you brush the front section down so it falls in your face and tuck it (or pin it) behind your ear, bending it a bit to make a side-swept bang shape. You can use fun barettes to accentuate the style.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/4b/41/944b416145ae84ee25555a764cb8a28e.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/19/5c/de/195cdeb6db89f196f2cd5d500af632a0.jpg

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/58/84/9a/58849a9e06634c241735fcae9fd69e60.jpg

jacqueline101
October 23rd, 2013, 06:41 PM
I think you look good with bangs. I think bangs soften updos.

Fairlight63
October 23rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
You look beautiful with or without bangs, BUT I prefer no bangs more. You have a beautiful face & it is a shame to cover it up with bangs.

I have cut in my bangs a couple yrs. ago & hated them, so I grew them back out again. Bangs are too much upkeep- plus I have a collick in my bangs & they would never lay right. Also, I HATE hair in my face & they would tickle my face & bug me. It took almost 2 yrs. to get them long enough to blend in with the rest of my hair.

antler_tines
October 23rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
I guess I would vote no bangs. I just gave myself bangs a few months ago and I'm already tired of them. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but my bangs get greasy from touching my forehead only a day or two after washing so then I feel the need to wash my hair. I would love to stretch the time between washes. You look good with either though :)

Tini'sNewHair
October 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
You are so beautiful but if you dont mind the upkeep of having bangs then i say go for it because bangs look SOOOO AWESOME on you :) Cheers

snakes&stuff
October 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Whenever I've had the urge to get bangs and had them done, I immediately regretted it. They look absolutely fantastic on you, not so much on me :P Just remember that if you ever decide you don't want them anymore, growing them back out is a lengthy ordeal. But you've obviously done that before. My personal goal is to get all of my hair (including the front) all to one, long length, but if that's not something you're interested in and if you are ok with the hassle of keeping the maintained, I would totally go for it.

Applegirl84
October 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Twice I've gotten blunt bangs like your pictures and each time I loved them ... for 3-6 months and then I regretted it. And it takes years to grow them out. So I vote no

BlazingHeart
October 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
I think either works, but I think they're different looks. Without bangs is more elegant, classy, and I think sexier. With bangs is a younger look, and kind of that 'fresh-faced', hip feel. So it really depends on which is more you.

Nic's
October 23rd, 2013, 11:05 PM
I love your bangs. I vote for cutting them.

RubberDucky
October 24th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Honestly, you are one of those lucky people who looks good with or without bangs :) I envy you - I have to wear bangs, otherwise I look really odd.

verenikiscoma
October 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM
You look great either way but I have to say bangs really suit you! If you don't mind the maintenance they really work for you!

spidermom
October 24th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Opinions...opinions.

I have one, too. Although I really love my bangs and am still glad I have them a year later, for you I vote NO BANGS. They seem to close your face in and make it look smaller and kind of squashed.

millyaulait
October 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
I am usually always one who votes 'bangs!' but in your case I think bangs take away from your face. No bangs! :)

renia22
October 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I vote no bangs :)

summergreen
October 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I vote no bangs - and I love your star head band!

spirals
October 24th, 2013, 01:01 PM
You look fantastic either way; you have gorgeous eyes. I just cut mine yesterday, and don't like them, but that's a function of choosing the wrong point to divide out the hair. I should've started closer to my forehead instead of further back toward the crown. However you had them cut in the pictures works really well for you, so do that again if you decide on them. And I think bangs don't seem to take long to grow out if you are like me, ok with having some face-framing layers. I always do, so my bangs will be back to "normal" in two months. If I really hate them, bob pins come in handy. So do headbands and french braids. I do really like the little bit of weight that having bangs takes off my updos. (My hair is really heavy, and now updos hurt less.)

bunnylake
October 24th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone!
Just to clarify, in the photos of me with bangs, I was younger and MUCH thinner, so my face was a lot thinner then. My face is quite round now, which I am self concious about, so bangs that "close in" my face a bit might not be such a bad thing.
I do like face framing layers so growing bangs only took about a year or so for me. I have chin-length "bangs" right now, actually!
Luckily my sister is a professional hair stylist so if I decide to go for it, I'll have her cut them.
:)

wildkratt
October 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I think slightly longer face framing layers wouldn't be as risky as bangs cut right above the eye, and it can still soften up your look. :)

AmyBeth
October 24th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I vote no bangs, although your face is beautiful either way. I love those false sideswept bangs, I must try that.

Zindell
October 26th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Both look great although I tend to favor the no bang pics a lot. :)

bunnylake
October 30th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Well... I cut them.
And I hate them.
UUuuugggghhhhhhh.

It's weird because I just don't look the same with them as I did years ago (in the pics I posted). I'm not sure why! Anyway, I think they're a little too short... maybe when they grow a bit they will look better. But I am planning to grow them out. I feel so silly. I wanted to try something new without chopping all my hair off. Oh well. Maybe if I'm feeling brave I'll post a picture.

:rolleyes:

vanillabones
October 30th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I actually really like your bangs, and I'm a no bangs kind of gal. Best of luck either way though you don't have to change a thing you have beautiful hair!

Annibelle
October 30th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Aw, man, I'm too late!

I wanted to say that if your problem is that you think your face is too round, then blunt bangs like that are going to make your face look rounder. Those bangs looked good on me when I was underweight and had hollowed cheeks, but they would make me look like a total chubbo now.