PDA

View Full Version : Unusual issue

Kherome
October 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Having reached a goal, I decided I want a trim to even the ends up.

Then I remembered something. The last time I had my hair cut, the person who did it was REALLY good. Barely took any off, was respectful of NOT ripping through my hair with the comb etc.
I want to see that person again, but there was a small issue. I do not know if the person is female or male. The name he or she scribbled on the card is either Michael or Michelle. So I don't know how to ask for that person. The person was very tall, (like my height, 6 foot ish) had short hair, was overweight and so may or may not have had a chest, I couldn't tell. The clothing was ambiguous, more feminine than most men would wear, more masculine that most women would wear. The voice didn't tip me off either. I don't want to insult the person by saying the wrong name/gender etc.

How do I go about this? I could wander in and point, but that isn't ideal either I guess. What would you do? The person was really nice and good, so I really want to see them for my trim again.

neko_kawaii
October 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
You could call and say you aren't sure about their name but you think it started with an M. If they have more than one M, then give the physical description.

cathair
October 23rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
If you are going past, you could drop in with the card. Then you could say you were really happy last time and were given a card and ask if you could make an appointment with the same person, then hand them the card to decipher? It will probably make more sense to them and you don't have to say anything about the name? ;)

lilalong
October 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
You could just say that person was recommended to you by a friend, but the friend didn't mention the gender - just gave you the card... Maybe they can decipher it.

AmyBeth
October 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
A repeat customer is always welcome, even if you can't remember the name!:) I'm happy for you that you reached your goal. It looks beautiful. I hope I will get there someday, I'm trying!

akuamoonmaui
October 24th, 2013, 06:56 PM
You could just say that person was recommended to you by a friend, but the friend didn't mention the gender - just gave you the card... Maybe they can decipher it.

This is my vote!

AnqeIicDemise
October 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM
This is my vote!

As a receptionist for a salon, I get this all the time. And since artists always have creative names, I've gotten quite good at just making it easier for the guest. Let it be asking for a physical description or simply just going over the names that start with whatever letter they mentioned.

Method b works the best. "I think the person's name is Meesha?" "M names I have are Mary, Maribel and Monique but I DO have a Tija. Maybe you're thinking of her?" I get either 'Yeah, its Tija' or 'No, not really...' and then I go with another step.