PDA

View Full Version : My hair has a new name.

AnqeIicDemise
October 22nd, 2013, 10:47 PM
It is Slayer of Things.

It earned the impressive title after killing one of 3 PC exhaust fans and in the process corrupting a 2g stick of ram.

Impressive.

What is *your* hair's name and why?

WilfredAllen
October 22nd, 2013, 10:58 PM
my hair's new name is Apprentice, because it wants to learn to be more like your hair

Tini'sNewHair
October 22nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
I never thought of a name for my hair...hmmm now you got me thinking.... i shel be back :))

Seeshami
October 23rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
I am fairly certain everyone knows his name.

The Naughty Mess sings, "Say my name say my name"

No

AnqeIicDemise
October 23rd, 2013, 12:32 AM
I am fairly certain everyone knows his name.

The Naughty Mess sings, "Say my name say my name"

No

I blame Naughty Mess for Slayer of Things to seek for a title. -nod-

"Why can't I have a name?"
"Because your'e *hair*"
"But The Naughty Mess has one!"
"I don't care."
"..."
"..."
"I'll show you! -slays important stuff.- HAH! YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!"

Seeshami
October 23rd, 2013, 12:48 AM
You always have a choice! Ignore it now before it grows a full on persona and you talk to it regularly!!!!! They are manipulative hair monsters that are endearingly evil, but it's also really fun to tell people your hair doesn't like them and communicates with you through osmosis.

summergreen
October 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Lol, I would love my hair to be Destroyer of Things, it sounds so impressive!

I think my hair's name might be Hider of Hairpins and/or Creator of Unfathomable Knots. 'Trouble' for short :D

renarok
October 23rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
My hair eats earrings, I will notice one missing and it is hiding in my hair. Usually left earring. I don't know how to name it?

Aingeal
October 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Rotfl! This is too hilarious! Mine? Mine should be The Wizard. It seems like no matter where my dh or kids go, my hair is there also. Omnipotent.

Not to mention, Wiz (his nickname) pretty much does whatever he wants once let loose....

AnqeIicDemise
October 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
EDIT: @ Summergreen Cat burglar.... a feral and sneaky thing.

Almendra
October 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
I think that the name of my hair is Almendra (it means Almond in spanish). I think it was more or less the color of my hair when it started grow it up (not my natural color). When I registered LHC I really choose this for that reason and because it sounds really cute in my language.

kganihanova
October 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
Just simply 'Hair'. as in:

Hair stop tangling, I'm trying to detangle quickly
Hair: hahah no

Me to partner: OWW. you lay on hair, hair isn't happy.

partner: hair just tried to kill me!

jacqueline101
October 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
The comb breaker. Mine breaks my hair combs frequently.

Seeshami
October 23rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
I love this thread. It's so cute. :heartbeat

AnqeIicDemise
October 23rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
I'd be lying if I said The Naughty Mess was not an inspiration

CurlyCap
October 23rd, 2013, 09:19 PM
I feel the names of The Long Haired Knights are about to get longer!

Lady LHC, Job of Your Place, Keeper of Your Hair's Secret Name, and member of the Long Haired Knights!

truepeacenik
October 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
I've called mine Medusa a time or six thousand.

Aingeal
October 23rd, 2013, 09:48 PM

Lady LHC, Job of Your Place, Keeper of Your Hair's Secret Name, and member of the Long Haired Knights!

Ha! Aaand I'm on my way to do it. Lol!

Seeshami
October 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
I'd be lying if I said The Naughty Mess was not an inspiration
The Naughty Mess says, "I am famous"

If I joined I would want to simply be The Keeper of The Naughty Mess. Maybe I should

I've called mine Medusa a time or six thousand.

A time or six thousand! I love it. When people ask me around braids I am stealing that. I also no longer respond to my name at work I stole my coworkers "Who? Never heard of her"

AnqeIicDemise
October 23rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
I keep forgetting to click on the quote button.

As to the Order of Long Hair Nights: I never joined, got lazy... and now Slayer of Things says I can join only if it the Order does not try to tame her into a goody two shoes templar.

Seeshami
October 23rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
Ya know..... it's easy to corrupt a templar. All that work can be undone by one small mistake and disgraced you are in the eyes of the order.

What say you AnqeIicDemise shall thou and myself venture forth into the Mistical Land beyond the LHC?

AnqeIicDemise
October 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
Ya know..... it's easy to corrupt a templar. All that work can be undone by one small mistake and disgraced you are in the eyes of the order.

What say you AnqeIicDemise shall thou and myself venture forth into the Mistical Land beyond the LHC?

Indeed, Seeshami, I do believe 'tis time to wonder on forth to lands unseen by those of us, and our hairy beasts.

PixieKitten
October 24th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I think mine would have to be called 'The Nest', due to all the baby and adult animals that have snuggled up into it over the last few years! baby dogs, bunnies and guinea pigs, baby raccoon dogs, a baby marmoset, an adult skunk, my own snake, beardies, rabbits, gerbils(rip), and zebra mice, the cat down the stables... The list goes on! The only animals that haven't tried it are tortoises, fish and birds!

Unfortunately I have the suspicion it's currently harbouring a couple of fleas. They're not living in there, but in my bed. They just like to nom on me while I'm trying to sleep. But they're going to be obliterated today, just like the ones on my dog and downstairs have been! MUAHAHA.

lillithnight
October 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I'm liking this thread quite a bit so far. Belladonna says I should say hello to slayer, naughty mess, and medusa for her. People should name their hair more often. I have to go moisturize belladonna before she kills me like her namesake.

AspenSong
October 24th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hilarity! I have no idea what I could even possibly name my hair...mine isn't quite to naughty or toy eating. Hmmm.

Seeshami
October 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Hmmmm. Aspen's hair should be called....... Ya know I have only seen it down twice or so and all I can think of is bun. Which makes me think of cha sui bao or as I generally call them from to much time spent in Hawaii, manapua.

AspenSong
October 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Hmmmm. Aspen's hair should be called....... Ya know I have only seen it down twice or so and all I can think of is bun. Which makes me think of cha sui bao or as I generally call them from to much time spent in Hawaii, manapua.

My hair just gave you a one eyebrow raised tentative stare. lol.
Unlike the Naughty Mess, my hair can't be kept down since it gets caught in everything or floats away to snag on things. Maybe it's just slightly mischievous at times. I shall have to think on this today, clearly.

AnqeIicDemise
October 24th, 2013, 11:31 AM
My hair just gave you a one eyebrow raised tentative stare. lol.
Unlike the Naughty Mess, my hair can't be kept down since it gets caught in everything or floats away to snag on things. Maybe it's just slightly mischievous at times. I shall have to think on this today, clearly.

All this bun talkIs making me hungry and I propose the name shu mai

Stray_mind
October 24th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I guess i'd call my hair slippers or something. They slip out of everything i tie them or pin them with... *siigh*

neko_kawaii
October 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM
All this bun talkIs making me hungry and I propose the name shu mai

Mmm, char siu bao. I think I have some in the freezer. . . *munch*

Aingeal
October 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I guess i'd call my hair slippers or something. They slip out of everything i tie them or pin them with... *siigh*

Ha! Sippers is fantastic!

spirals
October 24th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Mine has always been The Mop because in junior high they said you could turn me upside-down and mop the floor with it.

joflakes
October 24th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Fuzzy Mane says "I CANNOT BE NAMED AS I AM TOO FREE SPIRITED! BWAHAHAHAHA!"

Erm....:rolleyes: :lipssealed:

AspenSong
October 24th, 2013, 08:18 PM
My hair is so fine and soft and floaty and delicate I like the idea of maybe naming it after a butterfly - but in Irish or Scots Gaelic. :) Féileacán (fay-le-cawn) or Dealan-dè (dalan-day). It says it wants a pretty name, since often I do not think it's pretty and it wants to remind me of something beautiful. ;)

trolleypup
October 24th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Mmm, char siu bao. I think I have some in the freezer. . . *munch*
At 615am when I am going to work, all I can get is baked pork buns. :(

neko_kawaii
October 24th, 2013, 09:21 PM
At 615am when I am going to work, all I can get is baked por buns. :(

That is a shame. Go around and demand the steamers start earlier!

We did not have dim sum when we were in SF a couple weeks ago, but we did grin at the street cars down on Embarcadero. Shame the Exploratorium is in walking distance from the Ferry Building. I still haven't ridden on one of those beauties.

(Apologies for the derail.)

truepeacenik
October 24th, 2013, 09:27 PM
My hair is so fine and soft and floaty and delicate I like the idea of maybe naming it after a butterfly - but in Irish or Scots Gaelic. :) Féileacán (fay-le-cawn) or Dealan-dè (dalan-day). It says it wants a pretty name, since often I do not think it's pretty and it wants to remind me of something beautiful. ;)

Medusa says, "go with feileacan."

We'd better do what she says.

By the way, she had that name before my dread experiment.

Seeshami
October 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I love how this thread is about naming hair and I derailed it to buns :rollin: Pun-tended!

hairconvictions
October 24th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Hee hee this thread is so cute. This will definitely be on my mind during the long and boring professional development I have tomorrow. I see a name in the near future :D

trolleypup
October 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM
That is a shame. Go around and demand the steamers start earlier!

We did not have dim sum when we were in SF a couple weeks ago, but we did grin at the street cars down on Embarcadero. Shame the Exploratorium is in walking distance from the Ferry Building. I still haven't ridden on one of those beauties.

(Apologies for the derail.)
Yeah, the steamed bun places open at 7am.

Mmm, good dim sum...*drools*

Seeshami
October 24th, 2013, 11:08 PM
......I am going to h mart, i want buns. I don't care of it's two hours away.

AnqeIicDemise
October 24th, 2013, 11:29 PM
I like big BUNS and I cannot lie!!

Seeshami
October 25th, 2013, 01:39 AM
People get so confused when I tell them my buns always end up the topic of conversation because they are so big. :rollin:

kme81
October 25th, 2013, 01:56 AM
I like big BUNS and I cannot lie!!
It had to be said. :D

I can't decide a name for my hair...I will have to think of this for a while, hmm. :) I want something punny: ex. I named a clay bust that I sculpted Godfrey, so that I could say "My Man Godfrey" Ya know, like the film title. Any ideas for "My Hair...?"

AnqeIicDemise
October 25th, 2013, 02:08 AM
People get so confused when I tell them my buns always end up the topic of conversation because they are so big. :rollin:

My buns have started to become big. Slayer of Things is still relatively young compared to Naughty Mess. Oh wow.. Naught Mess is Slayer's sempai!

I can't decide a name for my hair...I will have to think of this for a while, hmm. I want something punny: ex. I named a clay bust that I sculpted Godfrey, so that I could say "My Man Godfrey" Ya know, like the film title. Any ideas for "My Hair...?"

Well, without knowing much of the nameless one's personality, all of I can think of is Bob... as in a short bob hairstyle. Rather ironic considering your hair's impressive length.

As in "Hi, I am Kme81 and this is my Bob." coupled with a cutesy little smile, a flutter of lashes and a pat to the bun.

kme81
October 25th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Well, without knowing much of the nameless one's personality, all of I can think of is Bob... as in a short bob hairstyle. Rather ironic considering your hair's impressive length.

As in "Hi, I am Kme81 and this is my Bob." coupled with a cutesy little smile, a flutter of lashes and a pat to the bun.

Sorry about the lack of info, I was trying to think of some sort of striking personality but it is generally pleasant, except that it insists on having never ending split ends! Grrr!
Anywho, I'm actually really enjoying the name Bob! Haha, I had an ear lobe length bob for years before growing it out. It seems so appropriate to call my hair My Bob!

On a weird side note I never gave my hair a gender, it was always an it, so being named with a hairstyle name works out great!

My Bob says "Hi-di-ho LHC!"
kme81: Bob is such a dork :D
The Bob: Hey!

Thinthondiel
October 25th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Hmm, Manic Pixie maybe? Because It's Manic Panic blue, it's a pixie, and, according to a friend of mine, I look like a Manic Pixie Dream Girl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manic_Pixie_Dream_Girl) with it.

PinkyCat
October 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I think I could call mine "The Zombie Apocalypse" since it endured 6 full bleaching sessions in the last 30 days and yet still LIVES....:brains:

joflakes
October 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I think I could call mine "The Zombie Apocalypse" since it endured 6 full bleaching sessions in the last 30 days and yet still LIVES....:brains:

How?! That reminds me of Plants vs. Zombies the game...brains!

Seeshami
October 25th, 2013, 01:48 PM
My buns have started to become big. Slayer of Things is still relatively young compared to Naughty Mess. Oh wow.. Naught Mess is Slayer's sempai!

They never grow out of the strangulation phase. Just learn to tighten your neck muscles and bribe them with cookies.

Leeloo
October 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Oh what a fun thread! I never thought about naming my hair but it sounds like such fun.

So... I introduce Michico Danji (Beautiful Mess). Michico is a mysterious creature of unknown gender and very little is known about it so far.

Danko,
Leeloo

Rio040113
October 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I think mine would have to be 'The Silky Trickster'.
My hair is very fine (strands), silky and slippery and likes to try to fool me (it often succeeds).

Silky's favourite tricks are - 1. acting like an updo will never hold because it's so slippery and then said updo holds like a rock all day, 2. making me think I've over-oiled horribly right before going out and then 5 minutes later it's perfect, 3. looking terrifyingly tangled and matted after my shower but combing out with no breakage or pulling, 4. pretending to consider drying quickly and despite the fineness actually taking 2.5 hours to do so and 5. lulling me into a false sense of security by meekly going into my sleep cap neatly first try and then 30 seconds later worming it's way out in very odd places! :lol:

AspenSong
October 25th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Medusa says, "go with feileacan."

We'd better do what she says.

By the way, she had that name before my dread experiment.

Hair says it shall heed Medusa in this as it likes the name Feileacan better since it sounds pretty and floaty.

Feileacan greets the other hair beings!!

kallarina
October 25th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Ooh, ooh! I want to call mine Leya, since it means loyal. Leya seems to be in the minority, but she is always well-behaved and usually does whatever I want her to. :D

truepeacenik
October 25th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Oooooohhhhhh.... H mart.

Off Federal, there's a decent small grocery, and nice hole in the wall restaurant. Less of a drive.

Seeshami
October 26th, 2013, 01:17 AM
There will be an h mart close to sheridan and 36 soon.

Becky9679
October 26th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Hmm, this may just be because I've been reading a lot of Michael Moorcock books recently, but I suspect my hair is called Arioch. Reasons why...

Arioch is a chaos demon - check
Arioch is manipulative and says lots of nice things but is really only out for himself - check
Arioch is sometimes helpful but usually only when it benefits him - check
Arioch can appear beautiful or horrible as the mood takes him - check
The main character (which would be me) has a love/hate relationship with him - check

And look, my user title already says that I'm his servant!!!

AnqeIicDemise
October 26th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Come pay day, I'm getting more polish, a hair cut and some delicious hum bao.

truepeacenik
October 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Oh what a fun thread! I never thought about naming my hair but it sounds like such fun.

So... I introduce Michico Danji (Beautiful Mess). Michico is a mysterious creature of unknown gender and very little is known about it so far.

Danko,
Leeloo

Your hair name reminded me of one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA4gsGmglKs&sns=em

Cania
October 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
I tried searching for a thread like this but came up with nada, if this already exists give me the boot!

So, this is the place to officially give your hair a name.

I've taken to calling mine The Chaos Nest, or just Chaos when we're on good terms. It's fuzzy and shaggy and looks like a bird could live in it when it takes bun form, but likes to chaotically change it's nature every day and will occasionally shock me by acting smooth and straight or frighten me by spitting out a ficcare and flinging it across the room. DBF claims it tries to smother him while I'm asleep but I believe it is benevolent.

Name your mane and tell us it's story!

jacqueline101
October 3rd, 2014, 12:14 PM
Mine is the comb destroyer because every time I buy a comb and use it my hair breaks it in two equal halves. I buy a comb weekly.

ooglipoo
October 3rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
I know there's a thread on this somewhere, but I can never remember what it's called...

When I'm brushing mine out, I like to say in my best MontyPython and the Holy Grail voice: "We want........... a shrubbery!" Once i brush the 3a out of it, it does, indeed, look like a large bush.

Ni! Ni! Ni!

Breanna
October 3rd, 2014, 02:51 PM
I know there's a thread on this somewhere, but I can never remember what it's called...

When I'm brushing mine out, I like to say in my best MontyPython and the Holy Grail voice: "We want........... a shrubbery!" Once i brush the 3a out of it, it does, indeed, look like a large bush.

Ni! Ni! Ni!
I'm giggling, I love this! Whenever I'm trying to take small neat sections of hair to attempt intricate braids I whisper "wafer thin...." to myself haha
I've never thought of a name for my hair, but my aunt used to call hers The Mane, and it was majestic indeed.
Maybe you guys can help me :) or I'll just go mess around with my hair and ponder.

StellaKatherine
October 3rd, 2014, 03:17 PM
Fluffy monster :D

patienceneeded
October 3rd, 2014, 03:18 PM
Hmm. Must ponder name possibilities.

lapushka
October 3rd, 2014, 03:19 PM
Maybe I should name mine "Frilly". It seems to fit. :rolleyes: :lol:

turtlelover
October 3rd, 2014, 03:20 PM
Medusa! HAHA

DweamGoiL
October 3rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
You ladies are so critical of your manes :couch: I name mine Ondula.

brickworld13
October 3rd, 2014, 03:48 PM
I am going to have to think about this. It definitely has a mind of its own, but I never thought to name it.

dezibela
October 3rd, 2014, 04:18 PM
The Pelt. That is all.

sleepysloth
October 3rd, 2014, 04:31 PM
My boyfriend calls it my pillow so I suppose I will call it Ms. Pillow. ;)

SkyChild
October 3rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
Who is it that has "The Naughty Mess" ? Is it Seeshami?
I dunno what mine is called yet. I will ponder and come back to you. Possibly The Anaconda...?

lapushka
October 3rd, 2014, 04:39 PM

Yes it is. :)

nerdymomma
October 3rd, 2014, 06:31 PM
In conversations with DH have been referring to it as "my vanity" recently. Lol

NormaJean
October 3rd, 2014, 07:37 PM
Rats' Nest

Knifegill
October 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Never thought about it. Gotta be a pony name, though. Maybe Rainbow Dash, but it should be a wavy mane. Not Rarity, since Rarity is most annoying pony... My hair is pretty much wavy like Fluttershy's. I hereby name my mane Flutters.

mithrandir
October 3rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
When I'm mad at it and desperately trying to comb it out it's Moriarty. XD Um... when it's being nice I guess I'll call it Arwen?

Seeshami
October 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
Thread already exists
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116434

AnqeIicDemise and I started it a while ago.

And mess will always be the best self aware hair monster in my book.

Knifegill
October 3rd, 2014, 08:42 PM
The search function doesn't work, though. Until that gets fixed, we're just gonna keep getting duplicate threads.

Cania
October 4th, 2014, 01:21 AM
I dunno what mine is called yet. I will ponder and come back to you. Possibly The Anaconda...?

Yes, possibly the most famously named locks on the internet :P

Never thought about it. Gotta be a pony name, though. Maybe Rainbow Dash, but it should be a wavy mane. Not Rarity, since Rarity is most annoying pony... My hair is pretty much wavy like Fluttershy's. I hereby name my mane Flutters.

Aw, Rarity was always my favourite! Applejack, on the other hand...

Thread already exists
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116434

AnqeIicDemise and I started it a while ago.

And mess will always be the best self aware hair monster in my book.

The search function doesn't work, though. Until that gets fixed, we're just gonna keep getting duplicate threads.

Yeah, I tried to google like I usually do but searching 'hair' and 'name' or 'nickname' on a hair forum didn't have great results either! :laugh: I'll just ask to have the threads merged, though, not a problem~

Phexlyn
October 4th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Fun thread idea - both then and now.
I'll have to think about a name... love the pony names!

Mimha
October 4th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Fun thread idea - both then and now.
I'll have to think about a name... love the pony names!

Hi Phexlyn ! When I read that you liked pony names, I instantly connected on "Flame"^^ It was the name of a red horse with blond mane (what we call "alezan" in French) in a book I read when I was a little girl, and I loved it so much !... The horse was a stallion, but the word Flame in French is feminine (flamme).

I think Flame is wonderful : with these mysterious "red and blond" movements of the fire, which you cannot domesticate, and this attractive warmth, wild and fascinating in the same time !... Well, it was just like a flash to me^^

Concerning my own... euh... :hmm: maybe "Chouchou" ? Lol. Chouchou means "the favorite one" in French. The one you pet and cherish. Chouchou also means a round soft attach for hair (that I use all the time) so I think it is fairly adequate^^. So let's go for Chouchou !

Wosie
October 4th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I simply call mine "Golden Brown", as I really like the song made by The Stranglers (1981). :D

ghost
October 4th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I'm gonna go with "Ulaume," after a character from the Colurastes tribe in the Wraeththu books. Colurastes have prehensile hair that can do all kinds of cool stuff, including being used as a murder weapon.
Yep, that's...appropriate. So, my hair is called Ulaume!

Theobroma
October 4th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Hurm, I could have sworn I'd posted (and come up with a name) on that other thread, but this doesn't seem to be the case. And I've forgotten the name, anyway. I suppose my hair just doesn't need a name! :)

dogzdinner
October 4th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Ive never really thought about a name for my hair (which is odd coz Im very 'attached' to it and do see it as being kinda like my pet!!LOL).
I'll name it Scruff!:D (if it were a dog it would be a scruffy little terrier who never looked tidy no matter how many times you brushed it!!)

Fufu
October 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Pink Lion? I woke up looking like a lion...

Edelweiss
October 4th, 2014, 08:40 AM
lool never thought of this !

I definitely need to think about it though :p

Estrid
October 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Hmm, I have never thought about naming my hair before, but it sure sounds fun! :) I think I will name my mane "Clay", because whatever I do with my hair (put it in a pony tail, clip the fringe away or just move it behind my ear) the hair will keep the shape from that change until I wash it again (and clay is something you shape, get it? :grnbiggri )... and that's the only noticeable annoying (and sometimes glorious) thing with my hair.

Caraid♫
October 4th, 2014, 09:04 AM
LOL how about Tentacles for a name :laugh: seems appropriate based on where my hair ends up!

Mimha
October 4th, 2014, 09:19 AM
LOL how about Tentacles for a name :laugh: seems appropriate based on where my hair ends up!
Wahou Caraid, I love your siggy pic ! So sweetly old fashioned, and looking like a beautiful faded etching !... Tentacles doesn't seem so tentaculous on it, though^^

Eastbound&Down
October 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM
My hair is surprisingly well behaved, long or short.. I'm usually pretty quick with stuff like this but I'm drawing a blank. I will have to think..

Caraid♫
October 4th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Wahou Caraid, I love your siggy pic ! So sweetly old fashioned, and looking like a beautiful faded etching !... Tentacles doesn't seem so tentaculous on it, though^^

aw thank you!! :o my hair is being very well behaved in my siggy pic and avatar, it's much more tentaculous in real life! :laugh:

gnome82
October 4th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Hhhmmmm I was thinking should I name it something descriptive or name it after something. I've decided on Lilith meaning "of the night" as I have dark coloured hair.

gustavonut
October 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM
The impaler, my hair stabs me in the eye all the time. Wtf?

Gumball
October 4th, 2014, 11:06 PM

That's half correct. The search function itself works just fine. It's the index that is incomplete. For what's been indexed there's no issue. (I constantly use the search feature myself, both for looking up info and just for finding if I've been mentioned somewhere since I don't always retrace my steps wherever I might post.) There is just a time frame that hasn't been indexed which causes the issues for lots of people where there's missing data. :)

Phexlyn
October 5th, 2014, 03:34 AM
Hi Phexlyn ! When I read that you liked pony names, I instantly connected on "Flame"^^ It was the name of a red horse with blond mane (what we call "alezan" in French) in a book I read when I was a little girl, and I loved it so much !... The horse was a stallion, but the word Flame in French is feminine (flamme).

I think Flame is wonderful : with these mysterious "red and blond" movements of the fire, which you cannot domesticate, and this attractive warmth, wild and fascinating in the same time !... Well, it was just like a flash to me^^

Concerning my own... euh... :hmm: maybe "Chouchou" ? Lol. Chouchou means "the favorite one" in French. The one you pet and cherish. Chouchou also means a round soft attach for hair (that I use all the time) so I think it is fairly adequate^^. So let's go for Chouchou !

Wow, thank you, Mimha, that was just the inspiration I needed! I looked up "alezan" and apparently it's what I would call "fox"-coloured in my native language (and I happen to love foxes).
But "Flame" is very fitting for the different colours, flames can be both untamed and controlled (to an extent), they can be both strong or just small and need to be tended to. Great name! :flower:

I tried googling "chouchou" and there was a lot of different stuff, including pictures of cute fluffy dogs ;) But your description of "the one you pet and cherish" sounds very lovely and fitting!

SnottyDotty
October 5th, 2014, 03:42 AM
Knotty

SnottyDotty's Knotty :laugh:

Mimha
October 5th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Knotty

SnottyDotty's Knotty :laugh:

So naughty to Knotty, SnottyDotty !!:lol:

leilani
October 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM
The Distraction

For obvious reasons

hanne jensen
October 5th, 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm calling my hair Lunefuld which is Danish for moody. My hair changes moods from one hour to the next.

Mimha
October 5th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I'm calling my hair Lunefuld which is Danish for moody. My hair changes moods from one hour to the next.

Ha ha ha I love that one !! :D

In French, moody is "lunatique"... kind of sounds like lunatic, which in English has this delicious crazy taste^^

Beckstar
October 5th, 2014, 07:43 AM
The Suckanator. Because I've killed vacuum cleaner motors when my hair was hip length. I didn't know the motor was running but the brush wasn't turning because it had hairs wrapped around it. :)

Aurum
October 5th, 2014, 06:14 PM
How about Miss-Behave? She loves to fly all over the place and attack innocent bystanders! shudder:

Knifegill
October 11th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I can type anything into the search bar and get 0 results. "Hair" returns 0 results.

CurlyCap
October 11th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Sorry about the lack of info, I was trying to think of some sort of striking personality but it is generally pleasant, except that it insists on having never ending split ends! Grrr!
Anywho, I'm actually really enjoying the name Bob! Haha, I had an ear lobe length bob for years before growing it out. It seems so appropriate to call my hair My Bob!

On a weird side note I never gave my hair a gender, it was always an it, so being named with a hairstyle name works out great!

My Bob says "Hi-di-ho LHC!"
kme81: Bob is such a dork :D
The Bob: Hey!

What will be hilarious is when your hair is floor length and you still call it Bob. :D

Rushli
October 12th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Mine has started being called the Knot. It's not tangly at all when I use poo bars, it's just what my 4yo calls it when I put my hair in a bun and it sort of caught on.