PDA

View Full Version : What is the BEST Shampoo & conditioner you have ever used?

Pocahontash
October 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
In your opinion of coarse! ( No offence to you that do not shampoo your hair out there :) I tend to lean toward natural products but they in return tend to be spendy. What are some of the best shampoo and co. systems you have ever used? & why were/are they so great? I'm looking to switch it up here as I feel my hair is getting used to what I am using..:D

Vanilla
October 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
I absolutely adore loreal's eversleek line. They make my hair so soft and sleek.

sarahthegemini
October 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
I can't answer for shampoo but my favourite (and newly discovered! ) conditioners are Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Giovanni 50:50 :)

Pocahontash
October 22nd, 2013, 04:02 PM
I have never really tried Loreal brand before but I do have a leave in conditioner from Giovanni that I like, it is a bit thick though for a leave in.

jacqueline101
October 22nd, 2013, 05:08 PM
I like vo5 shampoo and conditioner. I've only used two of their shampoo sets. I'm going to try afew more of their lines.

sarahthegemini
October 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
I have never really tried Loreal brand before but I do have a leave in conditioner from Giovanni that I like, it is a bit thick though for a leave in.

I have the giovanni leave in too :) It doesn't have enough protein for me though but I still like it.

biogirl87
October 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
I'm currently using L'oreal Eversleek Sulfate-free Intense Smoothing Shampoo which I'm liking as my ends aren't as dry now as they used to be when I still used sulfates. After my last wash I noticed my hair being straighter but not sure if that is because of the shampoo or because I put my hair in a turbie twist after washing. I'm thinking of letting my hair drip dry after my next wash to see what caused it dry straighter last time. I'll report back on this as the jury is still out on whether the L'oreal Eversleek Sulfate-free Intense Smoothing Shampoo made my hair straighter.

AspenSong
October 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
I love the Natures Gate and Henna shampoos. My hair loves them and they smell pretty much awesome IMO.
For conditioner. The L'Oreal Eversleek/EverCreme ones. I LOVE those. I wish they didn't cost so much, because I'd use them all the time. They make my hair feel like silky heaven and smell incredible for days afterwards. Just awesome.

Diamond.Eyes
October 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
I still haven't found a shampoo that I am absolutely crazy about, but my two favorite conditioners are 'It's a 10 Miracle deep conditioner plus Keratin' or any of Nightbloomings' 'Panacea' blends. You can never really go wrong with either of those two in my opinion. :flower:

bunnylake
October 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Dermorganic conditioning shampoo + hair masque + argan oil treatment = best hair days ever.

earthybee
October 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Dermorganic conditioning shampoo + hair masque + argan oil treatment = best hair days ever.

Ditto exactly this!

cooklaezo13
October 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Chagrin valley butter bar + a citric acid rinse instead of conditioner

starlamelissa
October 22nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
Pantene aqua light shampoo, love it, have bought it again and again.

Suave professionals sleek shampoo, love it, have repurchased over and over. It's lightly moisterizing, deeply cleansing.

Tresemme moisture rich conditioner, a thick and slippy product. Cone filled. Fab.

Pantene smooth conditioner- same as above

WilfredAllen
October 22nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm currently using live clean sls-free shampoo. I adore it. They make cone-free conditioners, as well, but I'm not using conditioner these days

vindo
October 23rd, 2013, 05:59 AM
1. SANTE family shampoo with aloe and olive
2. Earthly Delight all types
3. Aubrey Organics something with Chamomille

These are great ingredient wise and work well too. ED makes the hair very slippery, a bit too much for my taste even so I only use Sante shampoo nowadays.

Kelikea
October 23rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
It depends. When I was at my dad's for the summer, I loved Nature's Gate organic persimmon and rose geranium. Didn't work as well at my house. I guess it has something to do with the water? I like Desert Essence Organics coconut S&C, but also use Suave strawberry S&C, or VO5 coconut conditioner. I've also had good luck with Garnier Fructis pure clean. I'm still searching for an all-time favorite!

emilia1992
October 23rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Shampoos:

Mane n Tail Original (it looked so shiny afterwards that everyone commented)
Wilko own brand shampoo:75p for 750ml- and it's very cleansing; gets everything out. And the pink one smells lovely.
L'oreal sulphate free: Only need a tiny amount, subtle smell, cleans hair without drying it out.

Conditioners:

Any one by Herbal Essences (price is alright, smells are a bit boring but oh well, leave hair soft)
Coconut oil: A tiny amount melted in the palms and smoothed onto the ends is very moisturising.

For reference the water in my area is very hard indeed- so I use loads of product when washing!

clioariane
October 23rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
L'oreal sulphate free: Only need a tiny amount, subtle smell, cleans hair without drying it out.
Which line are you using? I'm considering purchasing the EverRiche (a.k.a. EverCreme) shampoo which looks promising.

shutterpillar
October 23rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
I've been using L'Oreal Evercreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo along with it's conditioner counterpart, and I really love them both.

clioariane
October 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
I've been using L'Oreal Evercreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo along with it's conditioner counterpart, and I really love them both.
Great! I really liked the L'Oréal EverPure masque and want to try that whole EverCreme line. The EverStrong line looks nice too but isn't available where I live.

LadyCelestina
October 23rd, 2013, 07:25 AM
Most Garnier conditioners work for me very well,well maybe except the Triple Nutrition one.So does...Elseve Color Vive? I believe it is called and Nivea Long Repair.

Shampoo....huh. Schauma for kids,pink bottle.

Enrapture
October 23rd, 2013, 08:36 AM
Dermorganic conditioning shampoo and hair masque. Hair is the healthiest it's ever been :cool:

shutterpillar
October 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Great! I really liked the L'Oréal EverPure masque and want to try that whole EverCreme line. The EverStrong line looks nice too but isn't available where I live.

I'd like to try the Everstrong, but I think hydration is top priority for me right now, especially that fall has arrived and winter is closing in within a couple months. Are you able to order online? If you try it, let me know how you like it. :)

lapushka
October 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM
Pantene Aqua Light (no cones)
Pantene's volumizing shampoo (no cones)
Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine (no cones)

For conditioner, any cheap silicone conditioner will do, but I especially love the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

Pocahontash
October 23rd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Yay lots of good suggestions on here! I'm seeing a lot of the Loreal brand which is funny because when I think of hair care or when I purchase products, I never really think of Loreal. I'm also seeing a lot of this dermorganic line, I will have to check that out! Keep sharing :)

Long_hair_bear
October 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
I like Natures Gate shampoo and Pantene Ice Shine condish (cone head!) I also like the Abba Pure Moisture line, which is natural and cone free. :)

Johannah
October 23rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Petal Fresh tea tree conditioner! It's SLS- and conefree and the smell.... :applause

Pocahontash
October 23rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
I still haven't found a shampoo that I am absolutely crazy about, but my two favorite conditioners are 'It's a 10 Miracle deep conditioner plus Keratin' or any of Nightbloomings' 'Panacea' blends. You can never really go wrong with either of those two in my opinion. :flower:

I just ordered a sample size of Panacea leave in, I just couldn't help myself :cool: I'm excited to try it out! & maybe order more if it works well with my hair. I love anything natural and homemade like that. Etsy can be dangerous $$$ haha.

ladyfey
October 23rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Natural Cleansing Bar from Nature's Plus for shampoo and Earthly Delight conditioner.

nobeltonya
October 23rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Sunsilk Soft & Smooth shampoo and Aussie Miraculously Smooth conditioner. They work well paired together and my hair loves them. Add in my Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth leave-in and it looks and smells fantastic! :D :disco:

samanthajenalyn
October 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Last week i went to T J Max and bought a huge bottle of Rusk leave in conditioner, and it is by far the best conditioner I have ever used. I stopped using conditioner in the shower, and just use that when I get out. It's amazing, and plus it smells wonderful :)

clioariane
October 24th, 2013, 06:30 AM
I'd like to try the Everstrong, but I think hydration is top priority for me right now, especially that fall has arrived and winter is closing in within a couple months. Are you able to order online? If you try it, let me know how you like it. :)
Same here, I'm always on the prowl for moisturizing products!

FeelUnique.com is selling EverPure, EverStrong, EverRiche and EverSleek at considerably better prices than my local drugstores so I might order from them.

RedBlue
October 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I haven't found the best ever yet, still searching! But! I do like anything sulfate free, like Organix! Garnier Fructis does wonders for my hair, too! I recently tried Tresemme and I like it so far.