PDA

View Full Version : Found 'Le hair' something very strange...

Morphidae
October 21st, 2013, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Gaby, from México. A long time lurker and just recently decided to start posting :o
Last night I found something really strange on my hair, this misterious thing I had seen it before, but was never able to capture.

Right at the top of my head, on the right handside, I have what I like to call 'le hair' a strange entity which is more like... (please don't freak out) like a pubic hair on my head hahahahahaha except that hair would never reach such lenghts (I hope)
but I say it looks like some sort of poorly crafted plastic string, is as thick as 4 or my hairs and very rough, and an attempt to bent it makes me doubt it is made of steel or some other material hahahaha!!

I was just fingercombing my hair when I discovered it, I thought some hairs were tangled but I realized it was actually le hair wich had split ends and each one was as thick as one of my hairs!!!

I had seen it before at the end of my braid, but I had a hair trimming few months back and now is only few inches long (had a hard time to be able to see it, so I had to cut few milimetres to examine it closely) I guess this proves that lady didn't cut only the ends of my hair as I asked her :mad:

Anyways, any ideas what this might be? or any ideas how to get some new hairs like this? Maybe I should consider hair grafting from my legs, those suckers are thick as hell hahahaha!!!

Gaby

neko_kawaii
October 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
I think it is normal to have occasional "strange" hairs on your head. I've occasionally encountered abnormally thick wiry ones, blond ones (my hair is dark brown), I spotted a couple coppery red hairs attached to my son's brown haired head.

I don't think there is any way of making other hair follicles produce the same sort of hair, though grafting made me laugh!

ositarosita
October 21st, 2013, 10:50 AM
Hola senora.. como estas???? I have a few of those that grow whenever they feel like it lol or hair that the texture changes and somehow turns into it... I find that mine aren't damage or anything just the texture changed.

Morphidae
October 21st, 2013, 10:58 AM
If it wasn't as expensive, maybe I would give it a try hahahahaha!!!

Morphidae
October 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Hola senora.. como estas???? I have a few of those that grow whenever they feel like it lol or hair that the texture changes and somehow turns into it... I find that mine aren't damage or anything just the texture changed.

Señorita... :3 hahahaha I think I read somewhere that is the shape of the hair follicle which determines the shape of the hair. I think of it like a 'churro' haahahaha depending on the shape will be the thickness and shape of it...

WilfredAllen
October 21st, 2013, 11:22 AM
this thread comes up about once a month, always from a different person (once it was me). Yes, yes, you're completely normal and so are your alien hairs

MissAlida
October 21st, 2013, 11:41 AM
I've had one last year. Two inches long, thick, rough and blue-black (my hair is dark brown). I yanked it out, since it was in my part, and it looked weird. The root was black as well. I also find during scalp massages some short ( 1/2 inch) and very very tightly curled (like a wine bottle opener) hairs as well. I get obsessive about these and don't stop until I've yanked the out, usually with tweezers. I'm weird. :rolleyes:

ositarosita
October 21st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Señorita... :3 hahahaha I think I read somewhere that is the shape of the hair follicle which determines the shape of the hair. I think of it like a 'churro' haahahaha depending on the shape will be the thickness and shape of it...

Jajajaja now I want cajeta

faellen
October 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yep. Head pubes. I get them too.

TiaKitty
October 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
I like that you've given yours a name, Le Hair. They're comical, aren't they? I get them, too.

Andeee
October 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM
Wow! Weird!

Morphidae
October 21st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Yep. Head pubes. I get them too.

Hahahahaha that was just perfect!!

Salmonberry
October 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Yes, normal. Mine are about twice the thickness of my normal hairs and dark Red-Brown (I'm golden blonde). I've got a theory that they're like moles on the skin, just random outcroppings of increased pigmentation and altered texture.

Morphidae
October 21st, 2013, 02:39 PM
this thread comes up about once a month, always from a different person (once it was me). Yes, yes, you're completely normal and so are your alien hairs

:o Who told you about the alien abduction thing?

Sagi1982
October 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I have some very dry, fine and curly hairs at my nape, called Schweinelocken (pig locks).
So I'm having nape pubes, he? ;)
They tangle, they don't grow much longer.
The rest of my hair is very coarse, oily and straight.

Kelikea
October 27th, 2013, 10:30 AM
You mean something like this?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ILm33_KTQB8/UFp9inpSODI/AAAAAAAAAsw/7DEggVsrZJI/s640/9.19.12hairs2.JPG
That is a picture of one of my "normal" hairs (top) and "le hair" (below). It was near my part, and my finger happened to rub it, and I wondered, "What is this thing on my head, and who does it belong to?" I pulled it and had to snap a pic. I've since found others, usually not as long because I pull them! I have other rogue hairs, dark reddish brown, usually, throughout my length.

MaryMarx
October 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Haha, nice. I have one, but it's not thicker than the others, it's just like a zigzag hair. Never grows long though.
But once I found a thick, coarse black hair in my otherwise light brown hair. I pulled it out to examine it (pic in my "Random hair pictures album!), but I really hope it grows back. :)

BlazingHeart
October 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM
My weird hairs are the fine, very light blonde ones. My normal hair varies from medium to quite coarse (shoot, I may actually be almost all coarse), but I have a sprinkling of fine, pale blonde hair. They are almost always involved in the worst tangles and knots, it's like those hairs just don't know how to behave with all the other hair.

I do also get the occasional thick hair that is wildly curly/wavy. They aren't any thicker than my 'normal' coarse hairs, but the texture is all messed up. That makes up most of my halo. The darn things just won't straighten or lie down without a bit of pomade (which I usually do without - I only bother when I get dressed up). I wonder sometimes if they're just hairs I've damaged or snapped, as I'll admit to not being the most careful when detangling. There's always a handful of them in my canopy.

hairaddiction
October 27th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I have tiny spirals that crop up from time to time, so I'm guessing it's totally normal as strange as it may sound. And I'm talking 3c type curly and very thick and strong. They seem so out of place and they're usually grey or black. My hair is auburn. Go figure, eh?

midsummernight
October 27th, 2013, 09:56 PM
You mean something like this?
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ILm33_KTQB8/UFp9inpSODI/AAAAAAAAAsw/7DEggVsrZJI/s640/9.19.12hairs2.JPG
That is a picture of one of my "normal" hairs (top) and "le hair" (below). It was near my part, and my finger happened to rub it, and I wondered, "What is this thing on my head, and who does it belong to?" I pulled it and had to snap a pic. I've since found others, usually not as long because I pull them! I have other rogue hairs, dark reddish brown, usually, throughout my length.

Please whatever you do don't pull them. My trichotillomania started this way. Around puberty I started noticing my hair texture starting to change. At first I just pulled my hair out of curiosity but then i started obsessing over it.

Haybop
October 28th, 2013, 02:04 AM
Yup, I always find random thick, black, curly hairs - never pull I just try to brush them down & under the rest of my hair ;) I'm not as shocked at having the random ones because both my parents have dark brown/black hair and my mum's is wiry and curly as all heck - I just always thought it was a bit of her showing through :P

PennyPatrick
October 28th, 2013, 04:21 AM
This is how my cousin's trichotillomania started! She noticed some silver hairs when she was about 16, and started pulling them out because she was a little embarrassed. She's OK now, but be careful because it all started innocently enough. A rouge curly/silver/different hair or two is unique and beautiful in my opinion!

spidermom
October 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I've got some strange hairs in the mix, too. Sometimes they corkscrew in one direction, then go straight for an inch or two, then reverse corkscrew in the opposite direction. Aliens!

velorutionista
October 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
aah, love the name "Le Hair"...I have a couple alien hairs, too...I didn't notice them until recently, but they've been there a while because they're the same length as some of my longer layers! Mine are really wiry tiny corkscrewy ones (like 1/4" back and forth corkscrew!) on my otherwise mildly wavy head!