PDA

View Full Version : Help! Lady/Priestess Blank Order of the Long Haired Knights...?

lilahtov
October 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Hi!

So I'm new and I see a lot of elaborate signatures with Ladies and Priestesses and the like, Keepers and Defenders...later, Wings, and Victories, and such. I'm a bit confused! Do you all come up with these titles yourselves? Does LHC virtually "knight" you? I'm sorry if I come off as an idiot, I just couldn't help but ask! I saw so many and my inquisitiveness got the best of me. Curiosity killed the cat... :kitten:

Thank you all! :heart:

19thirtythree
October 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM
Im new and need to know this too! ha thanks for asking..Ill check back for the answer :stirpot:

FireFromWithin
October 21st, 2013, 12:39 AM
Find the order of the long haired knights thread. Where we all speak in ye olde English (sort of) and you may ask to be knighted and either request a name or chose one yourself. The rules are all there.

YamaMaya
October 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM
It's a roleplay thread in the Friendship Board I believe...do some digging and you'll find it.

Chromis
October 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
It's a large thread and a bit clique-ish. I tried twice and got ignored.

katelinn
October 21st, 2013, 07:11 AM

I posted there a few hours ago, so we'll see what happens

Valkyriejae
October 21st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Protip from a fellow newbie: the search function on the actual site is not ideal. Whenever I'm trying to find something I instead go to google and put in "site:longhaircommunity.com" and then whatever search terms. When I did that for the terms "order" "longhaired-knights" their thread was the first thing that came up.
It'll also help you dig up older threads, since the search function on this site seems to have some sort of newness prioritization...

noludoru
October 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Consider me glad someone else asked.

Oubli
November 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
google and put in "site:longhaircommunity.com" and then whatever search terms. When I did that for the terms "order" "longhaired-knights"

I ♥ this function of Google, I use it all the time!

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2013, 03:01 PM
The long haired knights thread is where you can either converse in olde english and alternate reality, or more commonly ask for or choose your own a spiffy knighthood name for your signature. Be warned, it may take a few days for a name to bestowed.

~honeyflower~
November 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Ye not hath to be named from another member. May ye name yourself if ye wish.

Seeshami
November 6th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ye need not be named at all as mine own title hath no name.

truepeacenik
November 6th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm behind. I was a Wife of pegs, though.

And I left Middle English behind when I stopped working for crafters at Ren faires.

Sillage
November 8th, 2013, 11:21 PM

Sorry that happened to you Chromis. I hate it when people get cliquey... If it makes you feel any better I've never understood the appeal of the Order Of the Long Haired Knights.

Phlegmatic
November 9th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Thank you so much for asking this - I've only joined yesterday and have lurked for a few weeks and was so confused!

Agnes Hannah
November 9th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I wondered about this too, thanks for finding out.