PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cannabis in my conditioner?? :S

megaaaaaaaanx
October 20th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hi, I'm new here :o I've been browsing the site for ages though and finally decided to make an account.
I couldn't find an answer to my question really (sorry if there is one out there) but this is absolutely baffling me.
I've just started using a new shampoo and conditioner, 'Conceived by Nature' Rosemary Fortifying, and I checked the ingredients list and in the conditioner it says Cannabis Sativa (Hemp).
I don't know what to say really??? I don't want to sound really stupid. Is this a perfectly ok ingredient? Legal?
Sorry if I came across as a complete moron!

FireFromWithin
October 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I don't know what the rules are in other contries but I know that hemp is in things in the UK. The body shop has a whole line of them. Don't worry, hemp and the illegal drug are completely different as far as I know.

Valkyriejae
October 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Yeah - cannabis sativa is just the plant, which has tons of legal uses. Depending on what part of the plant it was derived from there is probably not any THC (the active chemical in the illegal drug) in it, or it would have been removed somehow.

ladonna
October 20th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Yes legal. Grocery stores even sell hemp milk, you can even wear clothes made from hemp, cloth baby diapers even. Its thc in marijuana that you may or may not want to avoid.

Taenarian
October 20th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Not aware that anyone's ever been busted for shampoo or conditioner outside an airport.

Firefox7275
October 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM
The only drug/ illegal part is the THC filled buds or derivatives of that, all other parts of the plant are fine to be used in clothing/ food/ cosmetics.

megaaaaaaaanx
October 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I just saw the word cannabis and kinda freaked out! I'm still learning about all these ingredients :o

In2wishin
October 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi, I'm new here :o I've been browsing the site for ages though and finally decided to make an account.
I couldn't find an answer to my question really (sorry if there is one out there) but this is absolutely baffling me.
I've just started using a new shampoo and conditioner, 'Conceived by Nature' Rosemary Fortifying, and I checked the ingredients list and in the conditioner it says Cannabis Sativa (Hemp).
I don't know what to say really??? I don't want to sound really stupid. Is this a perfectly ok ingredient? Legal?
Sorry if I came across as a complete moron!

Hemp seed oil is one of the really nice ones for both hair and skin care. It is a higher protein oil and is particularly moisturizing for dry, damaged skin and for eczema and psoriasis. It is derived from industrial hemp which is a super low THC level variety and is grown for all kinds of non drug uses. The only thing illegal right now is the actual growing of industrial hemp in most states. Importing products made from it is not. I wish the law would change, there are so many uses for it. My grandfather grew hemp as a cash crop on his dairy farm and it got him comfortably through the Depression

Anje
October 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Just adding, what your conditioner is probably using is the oil from the plant. I haven't tried it myself, but it's a fairly popular oil for hair and skin. I don't think that's only due to the novelty/politics of what plant it comes from, but because it's genuinely nice.

megaaaaaaaanx
October 20th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks In2wishin and Anje - I was wondering what the benefits of it were. :) Pretty excited to use it now.

browneyedsusan
October 20th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I'd just breathe deeply during hairwashing and go with it. :thumbsup: --just teasing!--

ExpectoPatronum
October 20th, 2013, 04:18 PM
My shampoo and conditioner contain cannabis....

Hm...Maybe that's why my hair has been so chill lately. :P

cosmic crusader
October 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Awesome. Must purchase.

Aingeal
October 20th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'd just breathe deeply during hairwashing and go with it. :thumbsup: --just teasing!--

Too funny!

cathair
October 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
They are the same plant, but Hemp is the male plant, the illegal one is female. The male plant doesn't have the right bits to be illegal, don't worry :) Plant sexism huh? hehe.

ravenreed
October 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
My chickens adore hemp seeds, which I buy at my local health food store. I also sprinkle them on my yogurt from time to time.