PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness for the LHC!

Crumpet
October 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I don't know why, but I have a need to talk about my hair, hair growth, hair accessories, and hair aspirations. I've always been a Long Hair but never had anyone to share it with. Its so great to have all of you here to discuss these sorts of things -- it makes me feel less lonely about my hair weirdness and I'm also learning an enormous amount.

Anyway, just sending on the warm fuzzies!

Kelikea
October 19th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I agree! How many people do you know IRL who like to talk about conditioner? And HB never understands when I want to order that S&C. "How many shampoos do you have under the sink?" Lol:)

summergreen
October 19th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Yes, it's great to have somewhere where people understand your hair woes, rants and (hopefully sometimes!) joys!

HintOfMint
October 19th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Seriously, I just tried to explain a pre-wash oiling to a friend and it kinda went *whoosh* over her head. Her boyfriend had also never heard of coconut oil.

It's great to have a space where we can obsess over this stuff and not have to explain everything from scratch

CurlyCap
October 19th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I just appreciate having a place where people are open-minded about hair care and willing to try new things to have healthy hair.

I'm growing tired of people asking how I take care of my hair and if I have recommendations. Then after full disclosure, they declare me insane and flounce away.

Yes, I very much like LHC. Hair health and not fashion. Helping you achieve your hair goals in the healthiest way possible.

proo
October 19th, 2013, 07:29 PM
This forum has taken me from piles of products to the NW/SO method -
never in a million years would I have conceived of that.
If someone had told me a couple years ago I'd be doing things this way I would have thought they were nuts.
The info and insight here absolutely rocks -
if you're into this kind of thing.

restless
October 20th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Yeah I love this forum :flower:

I dont know anyone in real life whos interested in long hair or natural hair care (mention oils and they will look at you in a funny way) so this is a great place to hang out in and it taught me to appreciate my natural hair colour, texture and sparklies. During the years Ive been here (I was lurking for quite some time until I joined) Ive learnt so much and honestly, I probably wouldnt have made it til hip if it wasnt for the forum. Not only has it been great for my hair, but also my nails and skin since this is the place where I learned about different oils.

PixieKitten
October 20th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Huzzah for LHC!
DBF's very supportive of my hair but I think I get on his nerves talking about it so much. Probably because I complain about not being able to do much with it all the time!

katelinn
October 20th, 2013, 04:15 AM
So I always thought I was a bit weird obsessing about my hairlength and always wanting to grow it and not cut it shorter. Now I think I have found my online home. And I am learning alot of new terms and making new goals..! Yes, I am so happy found this place!!

BowTie
October 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I totally agree with you. It's great to have a place where you can just talk about hair and people don't look disgusted when you tell them you use coconut oil :D

NuclearApple
October 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I agree with all of you ladies :) my family supports me with hair growth,but I can't talk about my hair all the day,so thank you lhc :o

jacqueline101
October 20th, 2013, 09:11 AM
It's great to discuss everything hair here. We come here for the hair help stay for the friendship. It's great.

Agnes Hannah
October 20th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I have always had to curb my obsessing over hair, as not many people I know feel the same about hair, so yes this is the perfect place for me to be too. I probably do obsess too much and get too enthusiastic but I've always been this way deep down. LHC is one place I can be myself and know you guys know where I'm coming from and understand without criticising me

Rio040113
October 20th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I don't bother talking about my hair/hair care with my friends/family because they're all dye/heat style addicts, a few with pixies, certainly all apl or shorter. The idea of stepping away from super commercial products and all the 'bad stuff' is very 'hippie dippy' to them :lol: My DBF is very understanding and supportive though, he's so adorable with it, asking me little questions now and again ^^ About a week ago I was falling asleep on his chest in bed (watching a film) and I noticed he was gently holding the end of my braid, so very cute! :crush: I'm jealous of him though, he has ridiculously thick hair (my hairdresser friend just cut his hair for the first time and almost cried haha), it's really dark, would go into full on ringlets if he grew it out longer (he does wear it reasonably long, for a guy) and is sooo soft, no damage at all, despite the fact he does nothing for it and straightens it a lot! Huff huff :disgust: :rolleyes: