PDA

View Full Version : Calling all "hennaheads!"

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I suppose I should have posted this in the recipes & henna forum, but I want as many of you wise people to see this as possible! :eyebrows:

I'd like to achieve a beautiful dark brown with reddish undertones with the help of henna. Right now, my hair is dark brown (chemically treated, not virgin) and I'm looking for a more natural, healthful route. Can I do this? What do you recommend?

For reference, this is the color I'm hoping to achieve: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51pdfe9jvmL.jpg

I just know that the color on that box won't be true :p

melirod
October 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I've never used indigo (yet), but you can probably get something close to that with a henndigo mix.

Kaelee
October 18th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Yep. Henndigo. Just be aware that when you use indigo, you can never, ever bleach your hair again because if you do, it will probably turn green. ;) (it's not a guaranteed green but it's far more likely than not.)

AmyBeth
October 18th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I feel pretty confident you can achieve a brown that is dark with hendigo. It will have more red than that picture, especially in bright light. The other issue I have with hendigo is that on my hair, the henna stays put, no matter what, but the indigo does tend to fade. So every other two or three times I do my roots, I will hendigo the roots as usual, then do an indigo gloss on the length. Try test strands- they can give you an idea of what to expect. Before I did my whole head, I experimented for months with different recipes and methods of applications. I figured if it's forever until I cut it off (no way, no how uh-uh never!!), I may as well be patient and get it right.

Flor
October 19th, 2013, 06:01 AM
What's your virgin hair color?

You may not even need indigo in the mix if your hair is dark enough on its own. Just repeated henna applications should give you that deep burgundy color.