PDA

View Full Version : Turbie Twist tied, hair oiled, and I'm ready for bed!

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Hi all!

I just oiled my hair for the first time (I'm an LHC newbie) and because of all of your gorgeous manes, I'm practically too excited to go to sleep. I can't wait to see how my hair turns out in the morning...and a week from now, a month, a year...! Every time I see progress pics, I think, "Oh, I can't wait for that to be me!" :cool:

Here's to hoping for a successful start to my hair growth journey!:D

sarahthegemini
October 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
What were your results?

BowTie
October 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I oiled my hair last night too. What oil did you use? I used coconut oil. I lovedtheresult -my hair is so shiny =)

Applegirl84
October 19th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I have found a method for overnight oiling that has worked amazingly for me! I oil in the evening (a mix of coconut oil, argan oil and camelia oil). I put a shower cap on and a thin towel and then put one of those microwavable magic bags on my head while I watch tv for an hour or so. Then in the morning I soak my hair in conditioner and put the shower cap back on. I let it sit for an hour and then wash out. The conditioner does a really good job of washing out all the oil without drying out my hair (I still shampoo my scalp though). Oh and I noticed that with this method, the smell of my nice smelling conditioner lasts way longer during the day.

lilahtov
October 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM
sarahthegemini Fantastic, in my opinion! Of course, it was my first time oiling, but My hair is soft, shiny and perhaps most importantly...it is behaving!! Haha :)

BowTie I used a mixture that I made of coconut, cactus, olive, almond and neem oils. The neem is more of a serum, but it has neem extract in it, the coconut has castor oil and henna extract added, and the cactus has garlic extract to aid in preventing hair fallout.

Applegirl84 that sounds awesome! I might have to try that sometime. :wink:

Andeee
October 20th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I am so scared to do this! Interesting to read others' techniques. I used a bit of olive oil on damp freshly washed hair (the bottom 6 inches or so) for the first time a couple days ago and I'm pretty sure the ends feel much more soft and less dry now. But for now, that is as brave as I get!

lilahtov
October 20th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Andeee Trust me, I was worried, too! Just go for it when you're feeling bold :)

sarahthegemini
October 20th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I am so scared to do this! Interesting to read others' techniques. I used a bit of olive oil on damp freshly washed hair (the bottom 6 inches or so) for the first time a couple days ago and I'm pretty sure the ends feel much more soft and less dry now. But for now, that is as brave as I get!

There's no need to be worried, if it all goes pear shaped you can just clarify your hair then deep condition. I say try it ;)

BowTie
October 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM

I was scared too! I really thought my hair is going to look greasy and never get clean. But it did :D Just try to put a little bit on your first try and I think the best way to get oil out from your lenghts is put conditioner on them ( not on wet hair) and wait for a while. This works for me =)

Andeee
October 20th, 2013, 10:27 AM
OK, so conditioner on dry oiled hair, then rinse. Then shampoo after that? And I am confused as to what is best for thick-ish wavy hair--oil on dry hair seems to be what most people are saying....?

Applegirl84
October 20th, 2013, 10:45 AM
OK, so conditioner on dry oiled hair, then rinse. Then shampoo after that? And I am confused as to what is best for thick-ish wavy hair--oil on dry hair seems to be what most people are saying....?
I let the conditioner sit on the oiled hair as long as possible. Then I rinse and apply diluted shampoo to only my scalp. Sometimes I condition the ends again if I feel like it

Enrapture
October 20th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Just washed my oiled hair (coconut oil on the ends and castor/sweet almond/rosemary oil on roots) i hope i got it all out!