PDA

View Full Version : Any Garnier Olia users out there?

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Hi,
I just recently decided to begin growing my hair out and taking care of it more properly. I don't use heat--I rarely style my hair, and I ALWAYS air dry. I pat gently with my towel and never rub or pull a brush through wet hair. Still, I admit, I have a hair vice--dye. I dye my hair because I don't like my natural color--a lightish, cool brown that I find mousy and boring (especially with my blue eyes and fair skin).

I was just wondering if any of you had any words of wisdom to offer me. I've tried a few different at home dyes, and been to the salon a handful, too. I'm just mighty intrigued by this 60% oil thing that the box boasts. Also, many magazines have given Olia their seal of approval and/or a favorable mention, as it is a newcomer on the market.

Thanks guys!

MrsGuther
October 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I use Olia Extra Light golden blonde, and I love it!! My hair is classic length. I just color my 'roots' every couple of months. Olia works great and seems very gentle on my hair.

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
MrsGuther thank you for your input! I am so tempted to try it next time I need a roots touch up :)

Firefox7275
October 19th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I can't see the point of it, the oil is mineral oil which won't penetrate anyway. I use Garnier Nutrisse to which I add melted coconut oil and it still works the same. Research also suggests hydrolysed protein may have a protective effect as well as being useful for patch repairing and strengthening afterwards.

lapushka
October 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Here's a review on it, from YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZUr32hhdE0

lilahtov
October 20th, 2013, 09:04 PM
lapushka Wow, that review really convinced me...and what a charming accent! Thank you so much for linking! I'm excited to try it now :)

Buddaphlyy
October 20th, 2013, 09:21 PM
My mom uses it and I apply it for her. It's easy enough to mix and apply since it's kind of thick and doesn't have an offensive smell. I would say the color is pretty true. It does seem to take a little while for the color to develop but it saturates thoroughly when it does.

My mom is not really into healthy hair care but her color is still quite vibrant. She does have to redo her roots like every 8 weeks because she has resistant greys. She has been using this color for 6 months and says she doesn't plan on changing.

I'm going to start using it myself next spring.

piccplayr
November 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I have used Olia twice so far, and I will continue to keep using it. I love how it smells, and love that I don't have to deal with the strong ammonia scent that I get with other colors. I don't feel like it damaged my hair at all. I typically do a deep conditioning treatment after I color, but with other brands my hair still felt dry and crunchy for a few weeks after use. With Olia I never get a dry crunchy phase, my hair continues to feel moisturized and healthy after coloring. The color stays vibrant in my hair long after coloring, but I attribute that more to the fact that I don't use sulphates than to the color its self. My hair is naturally a medium mousy brown like lilahtov's, and I use the shade light natural auburn to get these results:

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr306/piccplayr/577e3801-1bb4-4992-a3c9-cf42f77fe6be.jpg

the color is a little bit dark at the ends in this picture because my hair is still damp, but the top part should be an accurate representation of the color.