PDA

View Full Version : Drunk hairdresser wouldn't leave me alone!

renarok
October 18th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I just have to vent a little, this forum is the only place that will understand my annoyance. My DH and I attended a formal function where there was an open bar. A friend's wife got pretty buzzed and wouldn't stop telling me how pretty my hair would be if she could cut it. I politely said no thanks, and tried to change the subject. Drunk hairdresser wouldn't leave me alone! Honestly my hair looked really nice, I used caruso rollers, and hairspray to hold the pretty curls. She also kept touching it-grrr. I was getting pretty peeved.:pins: I finally said ok, but I get to cut your hair first. She was mightily offended . I am licensed btw. I reminded her I was a hairdresser when she was still in grade school. Her hubby was all apologetic and took her home. A nice guy sitting behind us said, 'your hair is beautiful, please don't cut it'.:D I got over it, and had a really nice time, but why would someone cause a kerfuffle over something stupid like that?

October 18th, 2013, 04:36 PM
A hairdressers life is cutting hair so I can see how she might have become fixated on the topic after having a few too many. Constantly touching your hair is uncalled for though. I was glad to read that her husband took her home to cut off what could have turned nasty. It sounds like you held your composure well. Thankfully someone complimented you on your hair. After a situation like that I know I would have needed it.

AmyBeth
October 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM
"I get to cut yours first.";) I love it! Funny how it was OK for her to pester you about letting her cut yours, but she didn't care so much for you turning the tables.:rolleyes:

PinkyCat
October 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
AWESOME girl! High five!

Gumball
October 18th, 2013, 05:19 PM
She definitely had your hair front and center in her Buzzy Goggles. Weird, but I agree it's somewhat understandable since that's her profession, she noticed something that piqued her interest, and her inhibitions went away with the first empty glass. Sometimes some people can't leave well enough alone then.

Nice work on turning the tables! :rollin: Slight digression, but super extra bonus points for using "kerfuffle". I flipping love that word. It's so much fun to say.

(Your hair sounds like it looked amazing!)

RainbowBowser
October 18th, 2013, 05:44 PM
I love the end of that "'your hair is beautiful, please don't cut it" :)

MeowScat
October 18th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I find it interesting that she could cut your hair with no problem, but you cutting her hair was not cool. She sounds a wee bit envious to me.

I'm sorry she put a damper on your night, but look at it this way...you ended-up getting a memorable compliment from a gentleman that loved your hair so much that he told you NOT to cut it!

Audhumla
October 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Good for you renarok
Glad to hear you stood your ground and major conflict was avoided.

renarok
October 18th, 2013, 06:59 PM
She definitely had your hair front and center in her Buzzy Goggles. Weird, but I agree it's somewhat understandable since that's her profession, she noticed something that piqued her interest, and her inhibitions went away with the first empty glass. Sometimes some people can't leave well enough alone then.

Nice work on turning the tables! :rollin: Slight digression, but super extra bonus points for using "kerfuffle". I flipping love that word. It's so much fun to say.

(Your hair sounds like it looked amazing!)

awe thanks!!! Alcohol is not her friend. We went camping for 4 days with their family last summer so I know how she gets, but it really embarrassed her husband.

Wildcat Diva
October 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
It actually could have gotten so much worse. Good job keeping your sense of humor, even if she was acting like an annoying lush.

woodswanderer
October 18th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Eeek! Good thing she didn't have any scissors handy. Some people just can't handle their liquor, but don't seem to realize it.

Addy
October 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM
She'll probably not remember it if she's always got alcohol in her on outings.

jacqueline101
October 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I think it's nice you got a compliment by a guy. Those compliments are always nice. I loved the way you turned tables on her. I don't like drunks so you did handle it better then I would.

Wildcat Diva
October 18th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Maybe you were a hair conquest that her uninhibited subliminal haircutting ego just had to vanquish.

bythesea
October 18th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I hope not to offend any hair dressers reading... but is it just me or does it seem like EVERY hair stylist wants to mess with long hair? Mine is only mid back length, but anytime I go in for a trim they make a big fuss over how long/thick/healthy my hair is, and then they want to take a razor to my hair (what?!?! no!!!) or try to talk me into getting lots of color done or just something. I want to tell them that the reason that my hair is now long and thick and healthy is because I'm no longer a bleach-a-holic and I don't run razors through my hair! -__-

gogirlanime
October 18th, 2013, 11:21 PM
jealousy because hairdressers can't keep the scissors away from their hair. Like like trendy and short cuts but secretly they would like to have long hair every now and then but aren't patient enough.

lunalocks
October 18th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Better touching you hair than your breasts, which is what my tipsy first cousin's husband did to me at a wedding reception - in front of everyone.

lapushka
October 19th, 2013, 05:29 AM
She definitely had your hair front and center in her Buzzy Goggles.

That's so nicely said. ;) Gosh the wording has me in giggles! :lol:

You stood up for yourself all right, and that's hard to do when someone's had a few too many. Good on you!

Tota
October 19th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Maybe you were a hair conquest that her uninhibited subliminal haircutting ego just had to vanquish.

I love this comment, so poetic! :)

She would just cut your hair... It's a good thing she didn't bring scissors in her clutch, but be careful next time you meet with her ;) That's a level up from the usual hair compliments like "you have beautiful hair, why don't you cut it?" Seriously annoying, I don't know if I could keep calm like you did.

DweamGoiL
October 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
I find it interesting that she could cut your hair with no problem, but you cutting her hair was not cool. She sounds a wee bit envious to me.

When our inhibitions drop, our insecurities and resentments stand front and center. That sounds like it's all it was. I wouldn't take it personally. She made a spectacle of herself!

vindo
October 19th, 2013, 06:23 PM
In my experience hair stylists either dislike very long hair due to the "lack of style" or they are somewhat envious over something they can't have or don't have the patience to grow it.
I was working as a hairdresser once, it was only APL, but my coworkers would not leave me alone about changing my look into something more "fashionable"...(hey, I even had layers then)

Wildcat Diva
October 19th, 2013, 06:30 PM

I love this comment, so poetic! :)

Thanks, that's what happens when I drink... wax poetic.

katelinn
October 20th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Wow, I think I would have just said Nope, I cut my own..I like your answer better!