PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re: cheap hair cutting scissors - Opinions/recommendations?

Rio040113
October 17th, 2013, 11:05 PM
My beloved S&D scissors have seen better days, in all honesty they're blunter than my fringe :lol: I'm planning on using my Christmas money from my parents or grandparents to buy some snazzy professional shears with the hope that they'll see me through a good few years (with proper care/maintenance).
Anyway, I've noticed a few splits and white dots from the last S&D session I did and I'm guessing it's my worn out scissors to blame! I'm thinking of nipping into town today and grabbing some cheap ones from Boots or something (England!).
The sole review doesn't give away much, so anyone know anything about these? - Link! (http://www.boots.com/en/Tweezerman-Deluxe-Hair-Cutting-Shears_927196/) - Other recommendations welcome :)
Thanks!

Kaelee
October 17th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I got mine at Sally's and if I were doing it over again, I would have paid the extra $10 or so for the Tweezerman ones. I think Tweezerman offers free lifetime sharpening on them, as well, but I'm not sure (double check that.)

Rio040113
October 18th, 2013, 12:38 AM
I got mine at Sally's and if I were doing it over again, I would have paid the extra $10 or so for the Tweezerman ones. I think Tweezerman offers free lifetime sharpening on them, as well, but I'm not sure (double check that.)

Ooh, I shall take a look at them then :) If only I could try before I buy ha. I'll check about the sharpening if I get them, once I get my Christmas ones (looking at some Jaguar brand ones) the Tweezermans would be my new doggy scissors (paw trimming duties for my 5 long haired Chi's!), wonder if they'd still sharpen them if they knew? lol. Thanks for the advice!! :)

YamaMaya
October 18th, 2013, 02:51 AM
My beloved S&D scissors have seen better days, in all honesty they're blunter than my fringe :lol: I'm planning on using my Christmas money from my parents or grandparents to buy some snazzy professional shears with the hope that they'll see me through a good few years (with proper care/maintenance).
Anyway, I've noticed a few splits and white dots from the last S&D session I did and I'm guessing it's my worn out scissors to blame! I'm thinking of nipping into town today and grabbing some cheap ones from Boots or something (England!).
The sole review doesn't give away much, so anyone know anything about these? - Link! (http://www.boots.com/en/Tweezerman-Deluxe-Hair-Cutting-Shears_927196/) - Other recommendations welcome :)

Thanks!

Don't bother with Boots, they're overpriced in everything, if you want a quick pair of shears, go to Superdrug and buy their own brand. I've got a pair and they do me well enough.

Bagginslover
October 18th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Mine are Scunci ones, bought in Sainsburys for about £12. Not the most amazing scissors ever, but kept just for my hair, they're doing the job. I'm not seeing extra split ends from using them or anything, so I'm not worried that they're too blunt or anything.

Rio040113
October 18th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Don't bother with Boots, they're overpriced in everything, if you want a quick pair of shears, go to Superdrug and buy their own brand. I've got a pair and they do me well enough.

I think there's a Superdrug in the shopping centre thingy, I'll check there too :) thanks!

Mine are Scunci ones, bought in Sainsburys for about £12. Not the most amazing scissors ever, but kept just for my hair, they're doing the job. I'm not seeing extra split ends from using them or anything, so I'm not worried that they're too blunt or anything.

Sadly there isn't a Sainsburys local to me, there's an Asda 10 mins walk away, a Morrisons 15/20 mins away, Tesco is a 15 minute drive away aaand I don't even know where a Sainsburys is haha! But thank you :D

Bagginslover
October 18th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I'm sure they're not only in Sansburys ;) Just wanted to offer you the brand recommendation really, incase you spotted them too ;)

Rio040113
October 18th, 2013, 04:47 AM
I'm sure they're not only in Sansburys ;) Just wanted to offer you the brand recommendation really, incase you spotted them too ;)

Ooh my bad! I thought they were Sainsburys own brand, oopsie lol :o