PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of cutting back to MBL or waist

Mononoke
October 17th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I was growing my hair to TBL, and I've reached somewhere around BCL when I noticed a lot of split ends (maybe partially because I've lived in a place with very hard water for some period of time). I cut back to hip, but I still have some splits (not on the length though), and I also feel like wearing my hair down more, so I'm considering cutting even shorter. I used to think I'll always want really long hair, but right now I feel tired with it and feel like it's too damaged (heat damage from a few years back, and damage from not trimming for more than two years).
I think I'll cut to waist and see if I like it for a while :)

AmyBeth
October 17th, 2013, 03:43 PM
You have to do what makes you happy!:) I like the two week rule, and also cutting an inch or two at a time, living with each cut for a while to decided which length you like best. It takes longer to grow than to cut.

lapushka
October 17th, 2013, 03:48 PM
A couple of months ago, I was within an inch of TBL, and I had it cut back to hip, then waist as well - then layered. For the time being, it's what's best for me. I like it, but I agree with AmyBeth, do consider the two week rule!

antler_tines
October 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I think waist is still a great long length. On here maybe its not "long" . I'm aimming for waist because I like to wear my hair down and any longer than waist seems impractical.

summergreen
October 17th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I did this exact thing last year and although I'd been planning to grow to terminal I didn't regret it, the last 3-4 inches of my hair still had colour damage and taking that off made a big difference. Like antler tines says, waist is still a good length - and it doesn't take too long to grow back to hip if you decide to. Agree 2 week rule though - if not more than two weeks!

biogirl87
October 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mononoke, I think you should do what would make you happy, but I agree with the other posters about giving the two week rule a try.