PDA

View Full Version : Are any of these ingredients really bad for the hair and could cause gray hair?

lole18
October 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Aqua, Sucrose, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Parfum, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sodium Benzoate, Sucrose Laurate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-6, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Geraniol, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol. Because it smells so strong like there's perfume\strong fragrant in it and i've heard that this could cause gray hair?

Magalo
October 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
The only things that can cause grey hair is aging and health problems... it's myth that some ingredients cause grey hair.

lole18
October 17th, 2013, 01:22 PM
The only things that can cause grey hair is aging and health problems... it's myth that some ingredients cause grey hair.

What about are they harmful to the hair?

Shibe
October 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
A lot of ladies here use what their hair responds best to. Some people like myself use shampoos with cones, some use shampoos without. Some people also wash with water only, while some do conditioner only. I think it's up to you to experiment and see what gives you the best results.

In2wishin
October 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Aqua, Sucrose, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Lauryl Betaine, Laureth-5 Carboxylic Acid, PEG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Parfum, Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate, Sodium Benzoate, Sucrose Laurate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polyquaternium-6, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Geraniol, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol. Because it smells so strong like there's perfume\strong fragrant in it and i've heard that this could cause gray hair?

The only thing I see that has the potential to be harmful is the Isopropyl Alcohol which can be drying in large quantities. The oils and humectants should balance it out though, so I wouldn't worry about it. It is also a solvent that helps some ingredients mix better with others. The strong fragrance is just that: too much perfume which only affects those with sensitivities.

jacqueline101
October 17th, 2013, 03:32 PM

I agree with this post. Grey hairs are determined by genetics and as stated stress. The only thing these products might cause is damage to your hair.

Anje
October 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Nothing in there looks like it's going to be harmful in the quantities that would be present. Sucrose is table sugar, though, which has me wondering what this sugar water product is that you've got...