PDA

View Full Version : Color fix then henna?

marymonster
October 15th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I want to go red, using henna, and grow my hair out like that. My only issue is most of my hair is currently dyed black. Do you think using color fix then henna would work? Any suggestions or tips?

cheetahfast
October 15th, 2013, 06:33 PM
What is your natural color, under the black?

jillosity
October 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
And how much black dye? did you just color once, or have you colored your hair for years?

marymonster
October 15th, 2013, 07:14 PM
My natural hair color is a light brown, and I've (unfortunately) dyed it multiple times. It is still in good condition though.

cheetahfast
October 15th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hmm, I don't think it would work. It probably will not give you a good color after the color oops to dye over.

I've never done it, but many applications of black and trying to get close to light brown seems not possible with a color fix. It has bad reviews for removing black dyes (from back when I read up on it.)

Bagginslover
October 16th, 2013, 02:48 AM
It wouldn't hurt to try. Colour Oops (and Colour B4) are non damaging, just a little drying, which is an easy fix. I left my colour B4 on for an hour and a half to lift a dark brown permanent dye, and repeated it a week later to lift more out. Henna will sometimes strip out dyes too when you use it, so you might find that helps too :)

Isilme
October 16th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Yes, try! If it doesn't work you can just start using henna and grow it out. I have seen a member here do so, it looks amazing, like that candy liquorice and raspberry!

Mindy
October 16th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I was able to remove a good bit of black dye with Colorfix before I first hennaed. I had several layers of dye, and did 3 applications of the Colorfix. Unfortunately it couldn't remove all of it. My previously dyed length is definitely darker than my new growth, but I can live with it much better than if it were stark black against the much lighter new growth. It creates a sort of ombré look.

Nightshade
October 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I've done it and it works just fine :) I had black streaks in my hair and a purple-ish chemical dye and the Color Ooops took it out. Chased it with henna and it worked great!

marymonster
October 16th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Thanks everyone! I figured I may as well give it a shot. I'll let ya know how it works. :)