PDA

View Full Version : I found the reason for my itching scalp!

BowTie
October 15th, 2013, 12:03 PM
It was my old shampoo! I never realised shampoo could cause it. It was this shampoo by Wella with lotsof chemicals. After an hour washing my hair it'd literally feel like I had put acid in it.
Well, last week I bought natural shampoo and conditioner and I've tried them twice... and my scalp doesn't itch at all!

So, please if you have an itchy scalp and you've tried everythkng else... try different shampoo.

Never will go back to harsh shampoos:eek:

Squiggy
October 15th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I just switched to sulfate free, and immediately after the first wash my scalp was less itchy and dry. 3 washes later and I have absolutely no more itchiness! So nice!

Heni
October 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
My scalp was still itchy on sulphate free washing, but CO helped it :)

BowTie
October 15th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I'm so happy you guys have found the cure too. To be free from an itching scalp is great. And I guess only people who know what an itchy scalp might be like understand us:)

sarahthegemini
October 15th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Wooo, glad you've sorted it:)

Maelyssa
October 15th, 2013, 02:29 PM
So glad you figured it out for yourself. I have the same issue. Sulphates dry out my scalp and make it itch like mad. Thanks for bringing this topic up. Now my only issue is figuring out a conditioner both my scalp and hair love. It always seems like its one or the other.

Rio040113
October 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Glad you've figured it out, having an itchy scalp isn't fun! :)

BowTie
October 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Thank you guys.. without you I wouldn't have even thought about it! :) I always thought because my ex-shampoo was bought from salon it had to be good for my hair.. how wrong one can be!