PDA

View Full Version : Hair coloring disaster

Violet.
October 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I tried dying my hair today, but it only caught on the roots (though the color is AMAZING! :D Just what I wanted. Can't stop looking at it.), not on the rest of the hair. I kept it a bit shorter than it says on the box, simply because I didn't want it to go all the way to the color it showed on the box (and I got the shade I wanted on the roots), then rinsed it out. The roots? Beautiful. The rest of my hair? Remained the same. Even though the roots were darker than the rest of the hair! And it was a regular hair dye, not bleach or anything.
What should I do? Just buy the same color and dye it again, but only put it on the non-root parts of the hair and keep it for a longer time?
Advice?

I feel sooo bad about this... I'm worried I totally ruined my hair. pls pls pls tell me this can be fixed,omg.

ositarosita
October 15th, 2013, 10:33 AM
In my experience when dying I dyed my hair.. I always bought a shade lighter than what I wanted because it always came out darker on my hair. The heat from your head helps the colour the process faster.. if I had a picture of the colour difference I could probably help you out more.. but remember there is always a way to fix colour.

Anje
October 15th, 2013, 11:07 AM
What's the history on the length of your hair? Past coloring, perms, bleaching, anything? I ask because those can reduce how well a dye takes and might require a protein filler to help it stick.

Violet.
October 15th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Bleached and colored streaks.

The color difference doesn't show much in pictures. It's not that much of a big difference, but it still shows when you look at it in person.