PDA

View Full Version : Does weight of hair make high widow's peak worse?

ohdokey
October 15th, 2013, 07:54 AM
I have a question about the hair on the sides/top of my temples. The women in my family tend to have thinner hair in the front/top which looks like a high widow's peak. I want to avoid making this worse if possible-does it make a difference to have lighter hair weight in the front (like long bangs) and should I avoid pulling those hairs back tightly into a braid/bun?

Madora
October 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I have a question about the hair on the sides/top of my temples. The women in my family tend to have thinner hair in the front/top which looks like a high widow's peak. I want to avoid making this worse if possible-does it make a difference to have lighter hair weight in the front (like long bangs) and should I avoid pulling those hairs back tightly into a braid/bun?

The hair along your front hairline is very fragile so it would be wise to refrain from pulling it back tightly. Constant pulling back can also result in a receding hairline or traction alopecia.

A true widow's peak is in the center (forehead) area of your hairline (I've got one).