PDA

View Full Version : The Body Shop Rainforest SHINE shampoo + Tresemme moisture silicone free conditioner

lole18
October 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hello! I have really thin wavy(used to be curly but after the damage it doesnt curl now which makes me sad the most :( )\damaged fine hair but the main problem is that it falls like crazy so i'm trying to grow it back healthier and thicker specially the ends are too thin!! I suffer from damage though i don't use heat! I wash my hair 2-3 times a week it's oily from the scalp and extremely dry through the entire hairshaft :) so i'm trying a new routine where i oil it for a couple of hours before washing once a week and i don't know what best oil or diy can i use as a leave in? Like i heard of using food jello in my hair or jojoba oil or olive oil? It's too tangly and frizzy! and what do you think of those two shampoos? The Body Shop Rainforest SHINE sulfate paraben silicone free shampoo + Tresemme naturals nourushing moisture silicone free conditioner? :) Any reviews? THANK YOU!!:D

ETA: I hope someone who has advice or knows these products tell me what to do :(

ositarosita
October 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Sorry I'm an herbal essences girl... but remember no one's hair is the same so what works for some may not work for some.. best review is for you to try them and see...(I did try the treseme about 5/6 months back it only worked as a DC for me because my hair loves silicones).. Good luck

Lunearia
October 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Coconut and Argan oil are what my hair likes the most. As a leave-in I just pat my ends with slightly oiled fingers so they won't get greasy looking. I recommend trying all kinds of oils and choosing whichever your hair seems to like. :)

I use the very same shampoo you are talking about (with matching conditioner), Rainforest Shine by The Body Shop. It costs about 15€ a bottle where I live and I consider it quite expensive. The thing is, after using it for almost four months or so I can tell you a little goes a long way. The bottle isn't even half empty yet. Great stuff. It leaves my hair smooth and shiny and it smells amazing. The smell is really interesting and quite, well, rainforesty. :D So far so good.

blue_eyes
October 14th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I'm using the body shop's rainforest shampoo right now & I really like it. It was a little odd to use at first because it doesn't lather like regular shampoos, but it leaves my hair shiny, clean, and it smells amazing! I've used Tresemme conditioners before & found that they work well on tangles and are very creamy and moisturizing. But for my hair they are too heavy. I have very thin, fine, straight hair and it really weighed down my roots and left them looking greasy pretty quickly, so I don't use them anymore. You might have better luck though! I recommend giving them a try :)

lole18
October 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Sorry I'm an herbal essences girl... but remember no one's hair is the same so what works for some may not work for some.. best review is for you to try them and see...(I did try the treseme about 5/6 months back it only worked as a DC for me because my hair loves silicones).. Good luck

Thanks so much :)

Coconut and Argan oil are what my hair likes the most. As a leave-in I just pat my ends with slightly oiled fingers so they won't get greasy looking. I recommend trying all kinds of oils and choosing whichever your hair seems to like. :)

I use the very same shampoo you are talking about (with matching conditioner), Rainforest Shine by The Body Shop. It costs about 15€ a bottle where I live and I consider it quite expensive. The thing is, after using it for almost four months or so I can tell you a little goes a long way. The bottle isn't even half empty yet. Great stuff. It leaves my hair smooth and shiny and it smells amazing. The smell is really interesting and quite, well, rainforesty. :D So far so good.

How much oil should you put in as a leave in? I never know! I want an oil that will be absorbed and that will strengthen and moisturise my hair :( the breakage's killing me! Did you notice a difference with the shedding\damage\frizziness\tangling or breakage? The health of your hair over all? also do you dilute it with water? I heard its healthy to do that for your hair! but i dont know how much to dilute lol :)

I'm using the body shop's rainforest shampoo right now & I really like it. It was a little odd to use at first because it doesn't lather like regular shampoos, but it leaves my hair shiny, clean, and it smells amazing! I've used Tresemme conditioners before & found that they work well on tangles and are very creamy and moisturizing. But for my hair they are too heavy. I have very thin, fine, straight hair and it really weighed down my roots and left them looking greasy pretty quickly, so I don't use them anymore. You might have better luck though! I recommend giving them a try :)

Did you notice a difference with the shedding\damage\frizziness\tangling or breakage? The health of your hair over all? also do you dilute it with water? I heard its healthy to do that for your hair! but i dont know how much to dilute lol :)

sarahthegemini
October 14th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Well personally I never got good results from the Tresemme Naturals line, they didn't moisturise my hair at all, nope not even the moisturising one.

Lunearia
October 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I usually put a very small amount (a few drops) on my hands, pat it in and then maybe put some more if I think it's possible without getting the "unwashed" look. Experiment with different amounts. :)

The first time I oiled my hair was when I had bone dry ends. I soaked my hair in oil and left it in overnight under a sleeping cap. I washed my hair in the morning and after it dried, it was like someone else's hair. Smooth and very shiny! After regularly oiling, clarifying and wearing my hair up I have noticed a significant change in health and tangles. Be careful not to overcondition though, I've heard that's a thing.
I never dilute oils.

Some of the frizziness should go away after moisturizing your hair properly, but I don't know what kind of damage you are dealing with. It may need a cut. :(

blue_eyes
October 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Did you notice a difference with the shedding\damage\frizziness\tangling or breakage? The health of your hair over all? also do you dilute it with water? I heard its healthy to do that for your hair! but i dont know how much to dilute lol :)

No I haven't tried diluting it, but your hair is already wet when you use it so it will get diluted anyway I guess :P My hair was really damaged & I had a lot of shedding, breakage and tangles. I got a hair cut to get rid of most of the damage and then started using the rainforest shampoo, and since then I've had a lot less breakage and shedding. The Tresemme conditioned definitely got rid of the tangles and my hair felt really healthy and soft, but like I said, it really weighed down my roots so I stopped using it. You might not have that problem though, the best way to find out is to try it :)

lole18
October 14th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I usually put a very small amount (a few drops) on my hands, pat it in and then maybe put some more if I think it's possible without getting the "unwashed" look. Experiment with different amounts. :)

The first time I oiled my hair was when I had bone dry ends. I soaked my hair in oil and left it in overnight under a sleeping cap. I washed my hair in the morning and after it dried, it was like someone else's hair. Smooth and very shiny! After regularly oiling, clarifying and wearing my hair up I have noticed a significant change in health and tangles. Be careful not to overcondition though, I've heard that's a thing.
I never dilute oils.

Some of the frizziness should go away after moisturizing your hair properly, but I don't know what kind of damage you are dealing with. It may need a cut. :(

oh no i hope i don't have to cut it :( after how many weeks did you notice a big difference in your hair? i meant diluting the shampoo with water :) lets hope it helps my hair!

No I haven't tried diluting it, but your hair is already wet when you use it so it will get diluted anyway I guess :P My hair was really damaged & I had a lot of shedding, breakage and tangles. I got a hair cut to get rid of most of the damage and then started using the rainforest shampoo, and since then I've had a lot less breakage and shedding. The Tresemme conditioned definitely got rid of the tangles and my hair felt really healthy and soft, but like I said, it really weighed down my roots so I stopped using it. You might not have that problem though, the best way to find out is to try it :)

oh my your reply made me so happy! how many weeks after did you notice a big difference in the shedding and breakage? :)

Well personally I never got good results from the Tresemme Naturals line, they didn't moisturise my hair at all, nope not even the moisturising one.

i hope it works for me :(

sarahthegemini
October 15th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I hope it works for me :(

A lot of people get on well with the Tresemme, so it's worth a try! Just in my experience, it didn't work for me.

Thinthondiel
October 15th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I use the Rainforest Shine shampoo, and I love it. I feel like it cleans my hair properly, yet doesn't leave it dry. According to the instructions on the bottle it's supposed to be diluted, and I kinda-sorta dilute... I pour the amount I need in one hand, then let some water from the shower gather in my hand as well, and the force of the water hitting my hand kind of mixes the shampoo and the water a little bit. :)