PDA

View Full Version : I always thought my hair was straight but...

BowTie
October 14th, 2013, 09:36 AM
So, I always thought that my hair is the straightest the hair can ever get and was really surprised when I visited my new hairdresser in last December and she said my hair is a bit wavy. I just rolled my eyes because I had never seen any waves in ky hair.
Well, my hair is currently below my chin and I never use any heat in it or curlers. However, it seems naturally curl downwards so I've never felt need to style it even in bob.
My hair string mostly look straight but I've seen wavier ones.
And if I wash my hair, air-dry it (without towel), finger comb it, my hair looks like I had spiral curls in it.

So do I really have hidden waves:confused:

Heni
October 14th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Before LHC I thougth I am a wavy, but since my has not just become wavier, but CURLS has started to come out. :) Maybe thats what proper care does those who have hidden waves/curls :)

vindo
October 14th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Your true hair type is what you see after airdrying your hair or when it is damp. Truly straight hair will never curl no matter how much moisture you add and how gently you air dry it.
There are of course different types of straight hair here with 1a being the stick straight one only and 1b, 1c having more or less of a wave.
If you want an accurate hair typing you cold post a picture of it down after air drying.

spidermom
October 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Funny how many of us started out thinking we had straight hair that wouldn't behave. I even remember my mother telling me when I was a teenager that my hair was wavy, and know it all that I was at that age, I informed her that hair was either straight or curly - there was no such thing as wavy. Where I got that idea, I don't know.

Enjoy your waves!

Tota
October 14th, 2013, 10:50 AM
That reminds me of the time (pre-LHC) I went to see a hairdresser and told her very seriously that I decided to get a perm (because I wanted to be curly so bad). She looked at me like I fell from the moon and said "But you kinda are almost curly ... just stop straightening your hair?!?" Facepalm - my straight hair started to grow out wavy when I stopped using bleach. I didn't even notice it until that day :D

Kaelee
October 14th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Welcome to the club! :laugh: I thought the same. One day I discovered I had waves and my mom said...duh?

RubberDucky
October 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
When my hair was long, it was straight with no wave, but a total Frizzy McPoof triangle - because mixed in with all the straight hairs I've always had a small percentage of tightly "crimped" strands. So my hair was never smooth, wavy or curly, just poofy.

Now that my hair is growing again and I'm using CO washing, I'm eagerly waiting to see what will come out.

-Ducky-

Quixii
October 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
If this is the first time your hair has been that long, it would kind of make sense. Hair needs some length to wave or curl up.

Misschilly
October 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I think I have waves to..if I knew how to upload pictures in a thread I would ask for help with my hair styping..=)