PDA

View Full Version : What a NEAT way to measure hair length, who else does this?

Tini'sNewHair
October 13th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hi all. Look what i discovered! :p
Found this on the web just now. The instructions says to use a fitted t-shirt and mark it down inch by inch (in my case it will be in cm) with tape and a permanent marker. I like this a lot, but what’s everyone’s thought on this? Who has done it and do you like it?
Thanks 

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/basic-length-check-tank_design.png (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/basic-length-check-tank_design.png.html)

bananahanna
October 13th, 2013, 07:53 PM
what is it for?

Quixii
October 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I'd need a dress. :p

Rio040113
October 13th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Nifty! Would you start it at XX inches/cm, to account for an over the crown measurement still? I wonder...

Hairitic
October 13th, 2013, 08:27 PM

Quixii; The dress in your siggy would be perfect if it was longer, lol. It's already got the lines ;)

Hairitic
October 13th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Nifty! Would you start it at XX inches/cm, to account for an over the crown measurement still? I wonder...

Yeah; I would measure from my front hairline, over the top of my head to a line near the top of the t-shirt and mark the length there. Then just measure each inch/cm down. :)

Quixii
October 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quixii; The dress in your siggy would be perfect if it was longer, lol. It's already got the lines ;)
True. :laugh: Next time I see a really cheap striped dress, maybe I'll pick it up for hair purposes.
You know you're a long hair when.. xD

Rio040113
October 13th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Yeah; I would measure from my front hairline, over the top of my head to a line near the top of the t-shirt and mark the length there. Then just measure each inch/cm down. :)

Very tempted to pick up a cheap long shirt and do this!

Magalo
October 13th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I would recommend to take a stiff fabric, as a stretchy one may fit differently each time and get smaller/bigger if you wash it!

MandyBeth
October 13th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Could just do stripes instead to see the change. But on t-shirts, they're too stretchy for reliable measurements, but for fun, go for it.

Ashflower89
October 13th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I love this idea. Id probably only wear it once a month to check growth and take a picture, so I just wouldnt wash it at all.

Leeloo
October 14th, 2013, 12:04 AM
I don't think it would fit the same way every time and it wouldn't be accurate, but it looks like a fun idea to wear for the growth pics for reference lines.

emilylightning
October 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I think just measuring from hairline to ends is the best idea because even if you tilt your head back or forward you're pretty much always going to get the same number. I have seen those shirts in use before and I think it's fun, just not very accurate.

Night_Kitten
October 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
It's a fun idea, though I'd need a dress too :)
Speaking of which I think my mom has a striped long dress somewhere she doesn't wear anymore, will need to look for it and "borrow" it from her :eyebrows:

Another nice idea for those marking the stripes themselves - make the round numbers (5, 10, 15...) in a different color than the rest of the marks and make them mini-goals :D

Gumball
October 14th, 2013, 09:06 AM
I think for a lot of people that could be a really useful idea. I know many tend to wear the same shirt/outfit/top for measurement photos, usually ones with patterns they can use as visual markers (I've seen stripes work great).Those of us who are totally lackadaisical about measuring just look for those body landmarks. :lol:

Can mine be a robe? :gabigrin:

Anje
October 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Seems like you could also do pants....

Paranda Belle
October 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
True. :laugh: Next time I see a really cheap striped dress, maybe I'll pick it up for hair purposes.
You know you're a long hair when.. xD

Could always fold a bedsheet in half and cut a hole in the top!

duchess67
October 16th, 2013, 06:07 PM
What a brilliant idea! Like Ashflower89 I too would only wear it to check progress/growth of my hair and not wash it...so no risk of shirt shrinkage in the dryer.