PDA

View Full Version : Bangs or no Bangs?

cmdinoto
October 13th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Well I am starting to look for a change in my hair and I was thinking of getting bangs. Here are two pictures of me one with bangs and one without. What do you think? Thanks!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576/cmdinoto/Facebook/Family/12322_572719798377_6879511_n.jpg (http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/cmdinoto/media/Facebook/Family/12322_572719798377_6879511_n.jpg.html)

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b576/cmdinoto/Facebook/Graduation/240_513414087497_5619_n.jpg (http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/cmdinoto/media/Facebook/Graduation/240_513414087497_5619_n.jpg.html)

cindy58
October 13th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I like bangs on you.

KahRistAhn
October 13th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I say bangs!!

Vampyria
October 13th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I like the no bangs look better, not really sure why though.

Carolyn
October 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM
No bangs. Bangs hide your pretty face. I am so sick of this bangs fad that has been going on the past couple of years.

henné
October 13th, 2013, 07:21 PM
My vote is no bangs.

jacqueline101
October 13th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I like the bangs. I think they look well suited on you.

renia22
October 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Both look nice on you, but I vote no bangs

coconutinsight
October 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM
No bangs, I find it suits you better.

Tini'sNewHair
October 13th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I vote for both but i think the bangs one makes you more mature and the no bangs, a lot younger... in my opinion anyway :)

pocketsmall
October 13th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I am completely 50/50! Both looks suit you very well!

Saldana
October 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I like the bangs, they really frame your pretty eyes!

Rio040113
October 13th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I vote bangs! As Saldana said they bring out your eyes :) Plus, bangs are a really good way of changing up your 'look' without incurring damage or having to wait a painful amount of time to grow a hairstyle out and there are so many styles to choose from!

rbooh
October 13th, 2013, 08:24 PM
cmdinoto, I think the bangs really draw attention to your beautiful eyes, but I have the same kind of bangs so I'm partial to them. You look lovely either way!

Kittney
October 13th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Both look nice on you, but I vote no bangs

Ditto........

prettyinpink
October 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
No bangs. Your very pretty btw, i love the red

Magalo
October 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
No bangs. Bangs hide your pretty face. I am so sick of this bangs fad that has been going on the past couple of years.

I'm sure by now everybody know you hates bangs anyway. Which is not a fad, by the way. It's a classic. Some people look better (more balanced) with them and some don't.

I do think, OP, that you look better with bangs. You look more adult (less teenager-esque) with the bangs and they really put the emphasis on your beautiful eyes. :)

Quixii
October 13th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I prefer no bangs on you. Not sure why.

Nic's
October 13th, 2013, 09:39 PM
I prefer bangs. It makes your face look more interesting if you know what I mean.

AspenSong
October 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I'm no help because I think either way looks nice! However I shall lean towards bangs because you can get a lot of different looks with them and as they grow out! :)

MandyBeth
October 13th, 2013, 09:43 PM
The bangs show your eyes better, but the pop factor may be hair color.

No bangs you look younger, but the color just isn't such a pop on you.

But, both look nice.

I don't care if anyone is sick of bangs. I wear mine because of the required glasses which rub and break hair short. But, having gotten my black no. 1 color back, I have modified vangs. Soft enough without straightening to look even, stack perfect framing strong vangs when I use my flat iron. I prefer the strong vangs, but I have to trim every three weeks so the heat damage isn't a concern as it quickly grows back.

So, it's my black no. 1 boo bitchcraft hair with Wednesday Mourning vangs. I love everything, it suits me and DH is happily territorial over my hair. I look deathly ill blonde, but if others like it, it's not my hair so it's not my business.

ravenheather
October 13th, 2013, 09:45 PM
They both look good but I prefer the no bangs on you.

long&blonde
October 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I prefer no bangs on you but "You aren't here to decorate our worlds!" :) Follow your heart!

WilfredAllen
October 13th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I prefer no bangs, but they both look fine, so which ever you prefer. Maybe try a side part if you have the need-a-change itch?

Macaroni
October 13th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Definitely bangs, they highlight your eyes.

GoldFrappe
October 13th, 2013, 10:09 PM
I like the bangs :)

woodswanderer
October 13th, 2013, 10:35 PM
I must be the only one who thinks the bangs make you look younger and without bangs is more mature looking. I vote no bangs....but hey, you're the one who has to live with the decision. :cool:

Leeloo
October 14th, 2013, 12:00 AM
I like no bangs on you :)

sumidha
October 14th, 2013, 12:11 AM
I prefer no bangs- you have such a pretty face shape, there's no need to cover it up! What about a very small amount of long layers around your face if you're looking for something different? You can always cut them up further into bangs if you decide you don't like them, if that makes any sense?

0xalis
October 14th, 2013, 12:13 AM

ouch, i feel insulted. well hey at least i'm not wearing them because it's a stupid fad, i just like how they look on me :p

I like the way bangs look on you but if you wind up hating them it'll take forever to grow back out. I say, do what will make you the happiest, it's your hair!

flemeister
October 14th, 2013, 02:26 AM
I prefer no bangs- you have such a pretty face shape, there's no need to cover it up!

Agreed, you look gorgeous without a fringe/bangs!

i just like how they look on me :p

Indeed, they suit you nicely. :)

I like the way bangs look on you but if you wind up hating them it'll take forever to grow back out. I say, do what will make you the happiest, it's your hair!

That's what I'd be keeping in mind as well.

AmyBeth
October 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I cast my vote for no bangs. Confused yet?:p

Toadstool
October 14th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I prefer no bangs on you.
I have no idea why people seem to be offended that Carolyn dislikes bangs? Surely if you like them on yourself, that is what matters? Or have I misunderstood something.
Emilylighting, I love your bangs on you.

alimc
October 14th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I think both styles suit you! But if you wanted a change why not go for a long fringe (Scottish for bangs!) then you could sweep it out of the way when you want a different look? Just a wee thought.. :)

spidermom
October 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I like the bangs.

I find that bangs give me styling options that I didn't have before. Every single day without bangs, same thing - hair skinned back into a bun or braid. In pictures, I looked bald (pretty much). Now I can style them down and straight or waved back or off to the side or spikey.

Bangs have been a style option for way too long to be considered a fad.

WoolSweater
October 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Something that has been around for hundreds of years is not a "fad".

As for my vote, I like the fringe best. I've only seen one or two women where fringe was not quite flattering, but for the most part, fringe seems to compliment the face and can rarely be styled wrong, as long as you start out with a proper cut! Why don't you get a longer, framing fringe first that can tuck behind your ears? That way you can decide if you want to go shorter without making a big commitment.

Anje
October 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Your eyes pop more with the bangs pic, but I think the haircolor and lighting might both be playing a big role in that fact. You look happier and your eyes are more open in that photo, so there's no question as to which you look better in.

I'm usually in the "no bangs" camp, though. I like foreheads and I've come to the conclusion that bangs and glasses generally don't get along via first-hand experience. :P

Misao
October 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Your eyes pop more with the bangs pic, but I think the haircolor and lighting might both be playing a big role in that fact. You look happier and your eyes are more open in that photo, so there's no question as to which you look better in.

I'm usually in the "no bangs" camp, though. I like foreheads and I've come to the conclusion that bangs and glasses generally don't get along via first-hand experience. :P

I agree.
The pictures are so different, the hair expression, attitude, the bright eyes, the flash, the shadows, all this make an effect on the decision for bangs because you look happier.
Your forehead is not wide so you can show it and it's nice.
Your face is not long so you don't need to make it shorter visually.

I have been with bangs the last eight years and I'm letting them grow since the last two months. The conclusions and advise I find in bangs are:
Getting dirty because of the forehead skin oils. Also touching the hair makes it dirty.
If you have fine hair looks a bit weird when the forehead is showing, the effect seems like you have few hair, a fine curtain. (sorry for my english)
When is windy straight bangs go to the sides and show the forehead, so you need to comb it a bit often.
Trimming very often if you want to keep the same look.
Consider if you need to wear glasses, this together make a hard face expression, a bit weird specially with dark framed glasses (this was my problem, I must wear glasses at work).

The pros are that bangs make a younger look, fresh, in my view.
You can experiment many different lenghts, shorter or longer and try lots of different bangs styles (straight, asimetric, curve, ...)

It's a bit hard decision, but anyway it's just a small amount of hair, so is not so difficult to let it grow again If you get tired of them. GOOD LUCK!! <3

Shibe
October 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Oh wow, it's crazy how different you look in each of those pictures!

You look great in both of them, but I would say no bangs :)

BrownEyedBeauty
October 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I think that you suit your hair both ways; you are lucky! I like the hair colour that you have in the pic with the bangs because it brings out your beautiful eye colour.

Audhumla
October 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I think no bangs.

raej
October 14th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I agree on the "no bangs." I think it suits your face shape better. You can always bobby pin your "no bangs" in a little swoosh to the side (sorry, not a great description). That may satisfy your need for the look if you do decide to go "no bangs."

BrightEyes
October 14th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Usually I'm all for bangs. But I prefer no bangs, you have such a pretty face shape. The bangs seem to hide it. Of course you look great with both :)

Almendra
October 15th, 2013, 10:32 AM
You look pretty with both... I guess I choose no bangs.

Jasperine
October 15th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Bangs or if no bangs then maybe part your hair to the side? :)

Heni
October 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I really like the bangs on you! I think you look sexier with them. If I can say that :cool:

longNred
October 15th, 2013, 12:46 PM
My vote is no bangs.

summergreen
October 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I prefer without...but I do think that bangs can give an extra something to updos etc...would you definitely want those sort of bangs, or maybe the sort that can be blended in if you want a change (longer/thinner)?

cmdinoto
October 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Wow everybody you definitely gave me something to think about!! I loved having bangs but they are high maintenance. Such a decision. Thank you so much for your opinions! I appreciate that. I will post some pictures if I decide to get bangs. Again, Thanks.

noludoru
October 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
No bangs. They are a pain to grow in and I think you look more mature without them. I do like the color your hair was, though.

0xalis
October 15th, 2013, 09:49 PM
You should get some clip-in bangs! :D

redtuss
October 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I would say bangs but not blunt ones..
You are very cute without as well a with but maybe you could try longer bangs?
I'd say longer bangs, like chin-length that you can wear with a part of your liking and also tuck behind your ears when you want to :) That is a good look for such a pretty heartshaped face as yours!

rainfortheend
October 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM
You can have your cake and eat it too... I like to fake bangs. It's so flattering. I find side-swept bangs romantic, and they would work great with your face shape. Plus, there's no painful grow-out later on! Your ponytail circumference will stay the same and you can switch it up for bang and bang-free looks.

So you part your hair waaaayyy off to the side. Then you brush the front section down so it falls in your face and tuck it (or pin it) behind your ear. And voilà, pain-free side-swept bangs!

You can even give it a '20s/'30s edge with a jaunty barette. Classy and feminine.

Here are some pictures of what I mean...

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/4b/41/944b416145ae84ee25555a764cb8a28e.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/58/84/9a/58849a9e06634c241735fcae9fd69e60.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/19/5c/de/195cdeb6db89f196f2cd5d500af632a0.jpg

cmdinoto
October 16th, 2013, 05:15 PM
You can have your cake and eat it too... I like to fake bangs. It's so flattering. I find side-swept bangs romantic, and they would work great with your face shape. Plus, there's no painful grow-out later on! Your ponytail circumference will stay the same and you can switch it up for bang and bang-free looks.

So you part your hair waaaayyy off to the side. Then you brush the front section down so it falls in your face and tuck it (or pin it) behind your ear. And voilà, pain-free side-swept bangs!

You can even give it a '20s/'30s edge with a jaunty barette. Classy and feminine.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/94/4b/41/944b416145ae84ee25555a764cb8a28e.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/58/84/9a/58849a9e06634c241735fcae9fd69e60.jpg
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/19/5c/de/195cdeb6db89f196f2cd5d500af632a0.jpg

Oh Wow I really like this idea. What a cute look without actually having to cut bangs! Thank you for the suggestion!

noludoru
October 16th, 2013, 10:04 PM

You. Are. Brilliant.

rainfortheend
October 16th, 2013, 10:42 PM
If you try my idea, post pictures! I'm trying to grow out my blunt bangs so I can do this again... I did it all the time when I was 15 :D