PDA

View Full Version : My hair feels and looks so much thicker.. thanks LHC

BowTie
October 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Even my partner has to admit it looks and feels thicker. I'm so happy I started my haircare routine and been reading this forum. Thank you! I'm going to continue and hopefully be able to grow beautiful long hair.

I stopped using:
Shampoo/conditioners with harsh chemicals such as sulphates and silicones.
Heat styling/blow drying.
Hair products: dry shampoo, wax, hair spray etc..
Teasing (no wonder why my hair fell off... I used to tease it everyday)
I also stopped shampooing everyday.

Nowadays:
I shampoo and conditioner1-3 times a week. I use organic shampoo and conditioner.
Do oil treatment once a week.
Put a bit of oil in my ends everyday
Mostly wear my hair in protective hairstyles.. peacock twist or french twist.
Comb as gently as possible.

I'm just waiting for my hair to dry but I try to 4ake some pictures

mscm
October 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Thats great! What kind of oils do you use?:)

BowTie
October 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'm currently using some coconut beautifying oil from the body shop. Going to buy real coconut oil next week for my oil treatments =)

jacqueline101
October 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm glad the forum has helped you. As far as compliments go its always nice receiving them. I'm also wondering what oil you're using.

AmyBeth
October 12th, 2013, 03:36 PM
My hair has improved so much too. It took about 6 months for me to start seeing a difference, but I thought it was just positive thinking until DH started mentioning it. Then my daughter felt my ponytail and was astonished at how much thicker my hair was. Then there is the fact that it was growing so much faster than ever.
I wonder, Bowtie, how long did it take for you to know for sure that your hair was changing for the better?

mscm
October 12th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Okay, I am using coconut too, usually mixedwith castor/almond/avocado oil:) works great!