PDA

View Full Version : How do you respond to hair threats?

Doreen
October 11th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Lately people have been asking me the question, "How would you feel/what would you do if I just snuck up behind you and chopped all your hair off?" and it is really disturbing to me.
How do they expect me to respond?!?!? Do they think I will actually say, "Oh, I wouldn't care"?!?! because I think that no matter how long your hair is if someone did that to you it would be a very traumatizing experience simply because it's without your consent....
Not only just being asked, but there was a contest at my school as to who can write the funniest one-sentence story and the winning entry was "Wow, people sure are attached to their hair, constantly preening; it's so fun to watch it sway and move as you walk up behind them on the street, and chop it all off!" In the audience I thought I was going to pass out as everyone around me laughed and a couple heads turned my way...How is that AT ALL funny?! I really do not understand...! I don't know if people would actually go through with this but when they ask me the question it really just feels like a veiled threat! I have started wearing my hair in buns now more than braids because I feel too vulnerable, and it just makes me angry that these people have asked me this enough times that I now have had to modify MY own actions because of THEM. Plus with that winning story it just feels like an open invitation for everyone to cut my hair without my permission... it scares me so much... I don't know if this thread will even get any responses but I feel more and more unsafe and I want to know if I'm overreacting or not...I get asked anywhere from 1-6 times a day...I really want to respond angrily and say "Well, how would YOU feel if I just came up and punched you in the face!" but I feel like that would vindicate them.

tl;dr how do you respond when someone asks, "How would you feel/what would you do if I just snuck up behind you and chopped all your hair off?"

TearsInRain
October 11th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't that technically be assault if they were to come after you with scissors and cut off your hair? Self defense and beat their ass! Why do people joke about these things. Especially immature men. How would they feel if we cut off their balls!

Quixii
October 11th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Wow, how awful! I can't believe you're getting that comment so frequently! It's not funny at all.

I've only had a similar comment once (and I also made a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=62039) about it at the time, if reading old responses would help you at all). It made me very uncomfortable. I'm glad I haven't had it again, because I still don't know what I'd say. Actually, I'm a little older and a little more confident, so I might just say, "That's not funny." Maybe.

Kaelee
October 11th, 2013, 09:38 PM
GOOD LORD! What kind of school do you go to that allows people to say something like that to an audience? :bigeyes: If you're overreacting because you're a long hair, then I'm right here overreacting with you.

I've never had anyone say a thing like that to me...I think if they did they would get the Evil Death Glare. I rarely wear my hair down, but the comments I get when I do are always positive.

1-6 times a DAY? Is it always the same people?! I can't imagine someone just saying that, of course there are some creepos out there but if it's the same people, it's definitely harassment and DEFINITELY report it.

Jeno86
October 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
It is assault yes. Even spitting on a person is considered assault. Going after someone with scissors is assault with a deadly weapon or aggravated assault.

I haven't been asked that thankfully. I wear my hair in a bun at work and tend to scare people when I'm in my street clothes so i dont get a lot of hair comments. However if anyone does ask me that, jokingly or not, I have no problem telling them that I would break their arm or wrist.

You could always tell them that you will report their threats of physical violence to the cops if they don't stop.

picklepie
October 11th, 2013, 09:50 PM
This just sounds like bullying-- and I'd treat it the same way I would any threat to my personal safety that was being repeatedly made over a period of time: ignore the perpetrators, find peer allies, confide in trusted authority figures, and not put myself in positions of vulnerability if I could possibly help it. Good luck! I'm sorry you have to deal with such a hostile environment at school!

Ashflower89
October 11th, 2013, 09:53 PM
If I had more hair to actually speak of, and heard someone say that either in passing or right to my face, I would probably stick to super-tight buns from paranoia lol.

Doreen
October 11th, 2013, 09:57 PM
TearsInRain: Yeah, it would definitely be assault... the other day I googled and there have been lots of court cases about such incidents, but even if I were to be physically violent with them it would never make up for the literal lifetime of work I'd have lost if they did it... I think that's the reason it scares me so much, that there is really nothing equivalent for me to do in return bc all of them have short hair and would grow back in a year or two as opposed to 7 or 8 (I'm almost to knee).

Quixii: I wish I could respond so calmly... I usually am too shocked to respond and just give a "I would kill you" type answer that no one really takes seriously... but I honestly don't know how sarcastic I'm being when I respond that way because if someone did that I would probably literally go out of my mind, lightheaded and all.... I shudder to even think of it... Thanks for your link, though, it is helpful.

Kaelee: No, it's not the same people every day, which is surprising enough. If it were the same people I think it would be easy for me to dismiss them as just being dumb, and avoid them in the halls, but since it's such a wide range of people I feel threatened all the time. I would say a total of 40 or 50 people have asked me this question over the past couple years... It's a small private school less than 500 total in high school, so it's hard to really avoid anyone.

Doreen
October 11th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I don't know if it's TECHNICALLY a threat since they always start with the "What if" or "How would you feel" but it is definitely threatening in nature. I do want to talk to someone about it but I'm afraid that my fears will be dismissed as just me being vain...

Shizuku
October 11th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Just don't let them know how much it bothers you, that just encourages them. Just brush it off and eventually people will stop caring. I really doubt anyone would be crazy enough to do it. However, if you feel seriously threatened tell a guidance councilor.

Crumpet
October 11th, 2013, 10:11 PM
When I was in high school someone actually did cut off some of my hair. It was a guy who liked me and he was sitting behind me and just lopped off a huge lock of my hair. I'm still a bit freaked out about that incident and I think that one of the reasons why I love having my hair up is that it feels safer.

By the way, I made him give me the lock of hair back.

prettyinpink
October 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM
There really have been cases of people robbing women of their hair for extensions

vendethiel
October 11th, 2013, 10:36 PM
I think you should give them the wide-eyed innocent look and say something like, "Did you know that if you really did that you could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon? You could even be charged with harassment for just asking someone. It's a good thing I realize you're just joking, but someone might not..." I usually try to take those sort of opportunities to educate people in the nicest, most winsome way possible that way they don't think I'm upset or being as rude as they are being.

Kaelee
October 11th, 2013, 10:40 PM
I think you should give them the wide-eyed innocent look and say something like, "Did you know that if you really did that you could be charged with assault with a deadly weapon? You could even be charged with harassment for just asking someone. It's a good thing I realize you're just joking, but someone might not..." I usually try to take those sort of opportunities to educate people in the nicest, most winsome way possible that way they don't think I'm upset or being as rude as they are being.

:lol: I love this response! :thumbsup:

Bun15
October 11th, 2013, 11:20 PM
When I was in high school someone actually did cut off some of my hair. It was a guy who liked me and he was sitting behind me and just lopped off a huge lock of my hair. I'm still a bit freaked out about that incident and I think that one of the reasons why I love having my hair up is that it feels safer.

By the way, I made him give me the lock of hair back.
Your last sentence made me laugh

Crumpet
October 11th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Your last sentence made me laugh

I salvaged what I could. Bet he never did that again!

Calaelen
October 11th, 2013, 11:47 PM
My response in this situation with someone I thought might try to do so and was feeling me out. "I would feel assaulted, and would immediately press charges, which I would see through to it's end. More personally, I'd feel violated, and would try to make as many charges stick as I could" if I feel it is a veiled threat I may then qualify that with the fact that I am suffer from extreme vigilance due to PTSD and may physically strike out if someone attempted to touch me without warning, and my consent.

When I work with children or certain people I gauge may trigger me by sneaking up on me or tapping me etc I give this warning early on as I have struck out before, and it was a crappy situation slamming a 10 year old in the face because he tried to spook me by jumping out from s hiding spot.

I have had great friends ask me this just to gauge my obsession with my hair in which case I was more joking in my response "I would go off the deep end, and would be so traumatized I'd pull a "Nell"."

juliaxena
October 12th, 2013, 12:23 AM
"Rich, because I'd sue the for all they had for such an assault. Care to try?"

I understand you are shocked but you can't just say nothing. Come up with a line and learn it if people do this to you so often.

Ocelan
October 12th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I can't believe any board of adults would choose such a sentence for a winner in a competition as it clearly encourages such behavior. Would they have chosen a sentence that encourages physical violence or discrimination? I bet no. So I'm really hoping for the schools sake that it was a vote between the students as kids can finds all kinds of grim things funny and don't really care if it's appropriate or not.

And yes, there are some people who don't think hair is very important, especially very short haired people who take about two weeks or a month to grow it back, but I bet even those would feel even a bit violated if someone shaved their hair off or cut a huge dent in their hair. There are two kinds of people who would ever say things like that to a person: people who have a bad sense of humour paired with bad judgement and then people who actually could do it. The thing is, you never know what kind of person you are talking to and basically have to have eyes in the back of your head at all times, just in case there are some crazies out there. And it is unfair as you really shouldn't have to do extra things to be able to wear your hair safely the way you want to. Too many people do not take assaults like hair cutting seriously enough as cutting hair doesn't hurt and hair does usually grow back, and I think they should. It's a crazy world we live in...

0xalis
October 12th, 2013, 01:36 AM
You honestly don't want to know what I'd do if someone did that to me. I try to keep my obsession of hair to myself and my friends. I feel that if people know what is precious to you that they will try to take it away. This world is a dangerous place.

ETA: Having those sort of threats, or it actually happening, is one of my biggest fears. :S

SleepyTangles
October 12th, 2013, 03:48 AM
People can be very stupid or nasty, so I'd personally won't trust them with my hair safety. I think vendethiel advice is the most sound, the last time someone said (jokingly, as was a friend with nothing harmful in mind) this kind of stuff to me, I looked back into his eyes and smiled sweetly "As long as you know that the place you'll get back your scissors from is your a**hole..."

My advice is, if you feel threatened: don't look cornered or worried, be always as affirmative as you can, and keep your hair bunned to prevent any idiot to really try to get sued. Its a shame you have to go through this, but high schools tend to suck.

jacqueline101
October 12th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I guess I'd tell the bullies the same thing I told a state patient of mine jump if you feel froggy. When you jump towards my hair I will palm an item into you. Catch the hint.

YamaMaya
October 12th, 2013, 05:29 AM
If someone dared threaten my hair I'd make it very clear that would be the last thing they ever did. If you feel like you're being threatened by these people, report it to the proper authorities. Even if it is "just hair", the fact that you don't feel safe is proof enough that these people are being malicious. You should be able to wear your hair however you please without worry of threats like that. Also, make it clear that you won't take these threats lying down, if they say it again, stand up to them. Let them know that their "jokes" are not appreciated and if they dare even lay a finger on you they will live to regret it.

Firefox7275
October 12th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Lately people have been asking me the question, "How would you feel/what would you do if I just snuck up behind you and chopped all your hair off?" and it is really disturbing to me.
How do they expect me to respond?!?!? Do they think I will actually say, "Oh, I wouldn't care"?!?! because I think that no matter how long your hair is if someone did that to you it would be a very traumatizing experience simply because it's without your consent....
Not only just being asked, but there was a contest at my school as to who can write the funniest one-sentence story and the winning entry was "Wow, people sure are attached to their hair, constantly preening; it's so fun to watch it sway and move as you walk up behind them on the street, and chop it all off!" In the audience I thought I was going to pass out as everyone around me laughed and a couple heads turned my way...How is that AT ALL funny?! I really do not understand...! I don't know if people would actually go through with this but when they ask me the question it really just feels like a veiled threat! I have started wearing my hair in buns now more than braids because I feel too vulnerable, and it just makes me angry that these people have asked me this enough times that I now have had to modify MY own actions because of THEM. Plus with that winning story it just feels like an open invitation for everyone to cut my hair without my permission... it scares me so much... I don't know if this thread will even get any responses but I feel more and more unsafe and I want to know if I'm overreacting or not...I get asked anywhere from 1-6 times a day...I really want to respond angrily and say "Well, how would YOU feel if I just came up and punched you in the face!" but I feel like that would vindicate them.

tl;dr how do you respond when someone asks, "How would you feel/what would you do if I just snuck up behind you and chopped all your hair off?"

I find it disturbing that the judge(s) of that contest considers common assault the funniest topic for a one line story. If these questions are happening that frequently and you feel threatened it's arguably mass bullying that has been condoned by someone in authority at your school. And I try not to use the word bullying too freely.

I would consider raising the issue of bullying and assault with the school. If you change the question to a different type of assault "how would you feel if I snuck up behind you and put my hands in your bra?" makes it clear that it absolutely IS a veiled threat. What if a female student was getting that question one to six times every day? Would that be bullying or intimidation even if supposedly intended as a 'joke'?

Sometimes making people feel guilty by calmly admitting that you do feel extremely vulnerable and threatened by the nature and frequency of the questions is far more powerful as appearing angry. Yes people sure are attached to their hair: many adults are extremely distressed if they suffer alopecia areata, male pattern baldness or shedding due to chemotherapy: lucky students who don't yet have any experience of that in their young lives. It's not 'just hair' it is part of your body, your personal property, your femininity or your method of self expression.

NuclearApple
October 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM
If someone said it to me,I would say to this person "how would you feel if someone stole or broke ecc.. one of the things you like the most?"
hair is hair,but it's a part of you,I personally love my hair and if anyone would do that just for fun I wouldn't talk to this person anymore,cause my hair completes my personality.
i don't receive these kind of comments luckily,and i hope i won't.

flemeister
October 12th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Hmm, what comes to mind if someone cut my hair without my permission:

* Yanking at, or ripping out some of their hair
* Beating them up

Just a pipe dream though, as I most likely wouldn't be able to get away with these things. The victim becomes the bad guy, and getting any sort of justice is an expensive and drawn out process... Stupid choice of DIY on the spot justice, with no chance of then having the authorities on your side now that you've become the attacker. Or, hold back, and then stuff around playing by the rules, and seeking justice via the authorities who may/may not care, and even if they do, some lame response...

Are there any examples of successful legal action in this kind of situation?

embee
October 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Sorry this is happening to you. I hated school and this kind of juvenile behavior is one of the reasons. Sad, because I like learning things.

Keep your hair up, don't talk about it, don't play with it, wear inconspicuous hairtoys (like spinpins) so there's not much to attract attention. Stand up straight and try to ignore it, because they *really* want to see you freak out and be upset. They'll push you until they find some other victim.

What a pain. I wish you luck with the situation. How much longer do you have to be there? Ugh.

It really will be best if you can handle this yourself without calling in "authorities" who might not be on your side.

TiaKitty
October 12th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Were the judges of that contest adults? I think I would have to have a discussion with them once I calmed down and try to explain the situation. Are you in college or high school? If you are in H.S. I think I'd have your parents involved, as well.

This has happened to me, people asking. I usually tell them that all of my anger management classes would probably fly out the window and I don't know exactly what I'd do, but it would be in a red rage.

Rio040113
October 12th, 2013, 07:37 AM
With horror! shudder:

But seriously, I have to echo what a few people have already said about calmly pointing out that it would in fact be assault and that you would press charges, you can never be too careful...

rose313
October 12th, 2013, 08:21 AM
This happened with two middle schoolers when I was in highschool. One girl cut off the other girl's braid on the bus. I was a peer mediator and had to sit in on the mediation. I don't remember much else about it, I think the girl who did it may have gotten suspended.

If that happened to me I would seriously punch the person in the face. I guess I didn't learn much being a peer mediator.

Ocelan
October 12th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hmm, I wonder if someone coming at you with scissors or a knife and cutting your hair would be a situation where serious self defense moves which would very badly injure the person cutting the hair would be "appropriate"? I mean, they are cutting off a part of your body so I would see it fit to stab that person in the attempt to stop it. Would it be deemed as using excessive force because it "just hair" and as it would not actually be life threatening if you were aware that cutting the hair would be their only intention? Then again if someone snuck behind me with a sharp object and was holding the object an inch away of my neck I think it would be ok to do whatever is needed to stop that action as I could not be sure if they were going to stab me in the neck or cut my hair. I'm generally not a violent person but if that were to happen to me I might just act in reflex and actually hurt that person a lot.

jeanniet
October 12th, 2013, 09:33 AM
If you think someone making threats of force/violence against you is inappropriate, then it's also inappropriate to make threats back. I'd simply say, "I'd call the police and file charges for assault," and walk away. They're trying to get a reaction out of you, so if you don't overreact after a while it won't interest them anymore.

Temme
October 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I think this is definitely harassment. They're constantly pestering you and asking the same thing to make you uncomfortable. I'm not a law expert, but I suspect that's illegal. First, I would tell them to stop saying that, and if they mention it again, you'll be reporting them. Then, if they do mention it again, tell your school principal or whatever school authority you think you should tell in that kind of situation. If the school fails to take any action, I might very well take legal action and sue them. Maybe you could get a restraining order or something. You shouldn't have to constantly be around a bunch of people harassing you and making you uncomfortable. And you definitely shouldn't have to be afraid someone's going to cut your hair off without your permission. I hope this situation gets better for you.

DweamGoiL
October 12th, 2013, 09:59 AM
how do you respond when someone asks, "How would you feel/what would you do if I just snuck up behind you and chopped all your hair off?"

I would tell them straight out "I wish you would so you can see how fast I'd have to whoop dat a$$"

ositarosita
October 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
My favourite response has always been "how would you feel if I broke your jaw than your arm???" (I'm a martial artist though so legally I have to tell them that if they try I am not responsible for my actions and any harm they may come to) To be honest I'm kind of disgusted by the fact that your school thought that was funny.. legally it's ASSAULT and last I checked assault is not a joke.

Agnes Hannah
October 12th, 2013, 10:04 AM
mmm I'd ask them if they would like a punch in the nose! My response to their reassurances that they were only joking, I would say, "I'm not!"

DweamGoiL
October 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I do think ositarosita is on to something though. If people are bullying you, it is worth thinking about learning how to defend yourself. Doesn't mean you should go around picking fights or even telling people that you are taking martial arts classes. It's more of a just in case and it will also give you confidence that will radiate on the outside and make you feel better about yourself so it deters people from wanting to mess around with you. Bullies pick people they know they can victimize. Fact is you can't always count on someone else to do it for you. They can't put you in a bubble to protect you or follow you 24/7 hrs a day. It is unrealistic. The best defense it to empower yourself in case you need to defend yourself, but ignoring this situation and hoping it won't escalate and then when it does, take a reactive approach is not a very good plan at all.

Night_Kitten
October 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, high school kids can be such immense jerks... I wasn't the popular kid in high school either, but I wasn't openly threatened or assaulted, just completely ignored by the "cool" girls... There were other girls that were bullied physically by those "cool" girls though, and no one (teachers, parents) ever bothered doing anything about it :(

I'm sorry you have to deal with such immature jerks and bullies :grouphug:
It seems an unavoidable part of the high school experience for a lot of people unfortunately...

I have no idea what I'd say if someone presented that question to me, if it was a friend I'd probably say it's not funny, if it was someone else I'd probably take the threat seriously though and take preventive measures (bunning and trying to avoid the person as much as possible).

I like the response of "I'd press charges for assault against you" that was suggested several times before here said in a calm serious tone - it makes it clear you are not amused by that stupid comment/threat and that such an action will have consequences if they ever attempt it.
Teenagers bully and pester people as long as they think they can get away with it, realizing you are serious and their actions will have consequences will hopefully deter them...

AmyBeth
October 12th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I know I'm jumping into this thread late. This behavior sounds like harassment and bullying and I would report it if I were you or your parent. It's kind of a coincidence but I just had a dream that that happened, someone came up behind me on the street and chopped my hip length hair to just below shoulders and I was devastated in the dream. Besides that, it does happen around the world- people stealing other's hair or dreadlocks. It's not funny at all.
BTW, I am vegan people try to bully me about that occasionally. When you are different, even something so banal has long hair, it seems to threaten some people, and they act out.

teawitch
October 12th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Wow, it is the same people asking you every day? Is one of those people the person who wrote that "one-sentence story", or is that individual in the same circle of friends as the people harassing you about your hair? If so, I would be worried and consult the principal (or dean, if you are in college) about this bullying behavior. In the meantime, I have to echo what some other people have said and suggest that your reply be something about hoping their goal is to get arrested - because cutting someone's hair off like that is considered assault and you would press charges. It takes years and a lot of care to grow very long hair. Perhaps you should calmly tell them that and equate it to someone stealing one of their prize possessions. Unless they are some sort of ascetic, they really have no place judging others for taking pleasure in something material.

That said, my actual gut reaction would be to tell them I'd stick the scissors up their...yeah. But that's probably what they want you to say, so don't feed the trolls.

ositarosita
October 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM
My point was not tell EVERYONE that you're a martial artist or take classes but LEGALLY in Canada you must inform whom ever that you do have training and you wont be responsible for your actions... it's covering your own a** so they don't charge you but you can definitely charge them, so long as they "throw the first punch".. self defense is not a crime..But the fact that the entire school including AUTHORITY figures thinks that ASSAULT and yes even ASSAULT with a deadly weapon is FUNNY ... shows that there is a serious problem found within that community.

kmcg
October 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
This totally makes me angry because their thoughtless comment has robbed you of the ability to take joy in wearing your hair as you wish.
I'm sure yall remember the extreme case of the rogue Amish leader would was given 15 years in prison for his hair cutting hate crimes. That's one extreme story involving this specific type of violation and unfortunately there's many more.
If you need to I'm sure you could site those cases as reasons for why these comments qualify as unacceptable behavior in a school environment. It shouldn't be taken lightly especially considering this was delivered in a public setting in front of impressionable teenagers. I'd report it to teacher or counselor that you trust ASAP. You shouldn't have to live with harassment.

Unicorn
October 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM

The bolded sounds like a fair response to me :)

I suspect that people are saying it because they get a reaction, if only the look on your face. Are you over re-acting? Possibly, but I'd also have as strong a reaction. My response would perhaps be along the lines of, "the same way you'd react if I snuck up and slapped you in the back of the head except it wouldn't hurt".

Unicorn

Unicorn
October 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
"Rich, because I'd sue the for all they had for such an assault. Care to try?"

I understand you are shocked but you can't just say nothing. Come up with a line and learn it if people do this to you so often.

LIKE! It almost sounds as if you wish they WOULD do it. A sure fire way to ensure they don't.

Unicorn

MidnightSunlite
October 12th, 2013, 02:55 PM

Love this response! :D

But knowing me I'll either do one of these if it actually happened:
cry (not in public, pffft not giving them the satisfaction)
attack like a crazed person (unlikely lol)

I would most likely respond in one of these ways:
silence
evil glare
one of those faces you see on a serial killer or crazed person in the movies (the one that makes you uncomfortable lol)
" How would you feel if... "
"Try it, and see what happens."

hanyo
October 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM

First I would start screaming at the top of my lungs. Then I would possibly attack them even though I'm not violent at all. Then I would call the police and report the assault and hope they go to prison for a while. Then I'd shut myself in my house and be depressed and not leave again until my hair grows back (except for doctor visits and going to court if I have to testify in the assault case against them).

If it didn't happen yet and they just said that I would never go near that person again.

chen bao jun
October 12th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Okay,
I would bring your parents in on this immediately. They should handle it, not you.
Unfortunately, people tend to take adults more seriously.
they should: talk to authority figures and find out why this is allowed to go AND
find out why a story that threatened violence to a certain sort of person was given a PRIZE(???!!!!!)
This is definitely creating a hostile environment for not jsut you, but anyone in the school with long hair.
If people are not allowed to say things that make other groups of people feel threatened, which I know that in schools they cannot, why should they be allowed to do this to you?
I would have one or preferably both of my parents make an appointment and go in and discuss this at once, and honestly, if it were my child going through this, I would strongly consider moving them to another school (if that was their wish). This is beyond the normal high school ignoring people not in the in crowd, bad jokes at other's expense and that kind of thing--the fact that its DIFFERENT people each day making these threats is seriously disturbing.
I have known people to cut other people's hair off, also. In some places, its quite a common thing for jealous girls especially to do.
Definitely do not wear your hair down while this is being settled, do a very secure bun.
But it is in no way your fault and do not think that you did anything to deserve this.
Address it quickly and let us know what happens.

chen bao jun
October 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
P.S. If the school ignores you or your parents, go to higher authorities. There is the school board. There is also the newspaper. I bet this school would not like this kind of publicity AT ALL.
The fact that they gave a prize to this story would screw them so totally if it came out...I can't believe they were dumb enough to do that.

Hairtheist
October 13th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I'm sorry this is happening to you. I once had a kid come up behind me with scissors, and hold them next to my head (as a "joke", or something). He got the death glare and didn't so much as glance at me for the rest of the year. I hope one of these "one-liners" that has been posted works for you. I agree that if you feel seriously threatened (which it seems like you do) you should get your parents and/or school administrators involved.