PDA

View Full Version : Super-shed, but also super-growth, what?!

Bagginslover
October 11th, 2013, 03:24 AM
I'm having a massive shed at the moment, I've not shed like this in YEARS! Its been a good 6 weeks now.

I also seem to have super speedy growth all of a sudden as well. I henna-ed almost exactly a month ago, and already my greys have an inch of regrowth showing! I usually only grow half an inch a month, so thats REALLY fast for me!

Anyone else had this happen? It just seems so odd!

goldenlady
October 11th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Im so glad that it's not just me! I've shed loads recently.. My hair feels the thinnest it has in ages! (I've reclassified myself from an ii to an i) and my roots have gotten ridiculously out of control! I last did my roots about 3/4 weeks ago and there is about an inch of root showing! I love the speedy growth, but my hair doesn't look any longer due to the shed. I think this happened to me last year - perhaps it's just Autumn

IsisMoon
October 11th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I'm also hoping it's just seasonal shedding.

ravenheather
October 11th, 2013, 06:38 AM
My shedding was this summer but stalled not exta growth.

jacqueline101
October 11th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Yes I have experienced this. It was a year ago or close to it. My hair shed all summer long I was worried about going bald but I didn't. After my summer long shed my hair grew like two inches the first month. It's never happend after that.

Bagginslover
October 14th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Not just me then, hmmm.

I tried BBBing over the weekend, and holy moley did I shed!! Not trying that til it slows down again!! The hair ball was big enough to chase Indiana Jones through the Temple of Doom!! ;)

IsisMoon
October 14th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Not just me then, hmmm.

I tried BBBing over the weekend, and holy moley did I shed!! Not trying that til it slows down again!! The hair ball was big enough to chase Indiana Jones through the Temple of Doom!! ;)

Yup, stay away from the brush. I'm slightly worried now because the internet says the fall shedding occurs in november and december. Then what da heck is this now in september and october? :(

I thought I'd shed less by now but this saturday when I washed it...let's just say it wasn't pretty. :p

I'll give it two more weeks and then I'll seriously start freaking out.

Bagginslover
October 14th, 2013, 05:25 AM
I think everyone sheds at different times, I have a theory its linked to when we were born, as well as the climate we live in, but that research is for another day ;)

IsisMoon
October 14th, 2013, 05:46 AM
I think everyone sheds at different times, I have a theory its linked to when we were born, as well as the climate we live in, but that research is for another day ;)

Yes, you're right since some posters said they had it this summer. I only now noticed.

So for those of you who had it in the summer, for how long was that exactly? Whole 3 months of summer or less? So I know whether this'll be over soon or should I start writing santa to get me new hair. :p