PDA

View Full Version : I have trimmed my own bangs

Venefica
October 10th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I got so stressed this morning when I was going to trim my bangs, they where getting into my eyes and I had to do something with them, in the middle of the trimming my hair cutting machine, or rather my hubby's hair cutting machine sort of gave out on me and left me with half done, hatchet bangs. I had to finish them up with my kitchen scissors as I do not have hairdresser's scissors, yes I pan to get some. All in all I think the result is not that bad with the tools I had to work with, but I do see that the bangs are not all even and that annoy me.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5233/3b39.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/3b39.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

lunalocks
October 10th, 2013, 12:38 PM
They look even to me. The thing about bangs, is that they grow! SO you can use them to try out new looks all the time. lately I like the spiky look.

Venefica
October 10th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you, well they look even in the picture but I do see that some angels there are a bit of unevenes here and there but I mean this work, it do not look strange but I clearly need some hairdresser's scissors.

prettyinpink
October 10th, 2013, 01:26 PM
they look perfectly even actually

jacqueline101
October 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM
They look even to me. I like your bangs by the way.

Anje
October 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Looks pretty nice and even to me. I personally prefer then longer and choppier (cut with semi-vertical scissors to introduce some taper), but that's a very individual decision rather than a judgment on yours.

Venefica
October 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Than you all for your replies and kind words. I like razor edge bangs. I have a round face and I feel that those bangs make it edgier and more dramatic, and besides they are easy to keep, when my machines do not die on me. :P

Magalo
October 10th, 2013, 06:19 PM
They suits you well and they don't look uneven. They look like mine (same length, and cut straight across) except that mine curve the other way: longer toward my nose and shorter on the sides. They're easy to trim. :)

woodswanderer
October 10th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Am I the only one who thought of the "Suck 'n Cut" from Wayne's World when you mentioned your hair cutting machine? :eyebrows: Not that your hair looks like you used the "Suck n' Cut".....just never heard of any other hair cutting machine.

AspenSong
October 10th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I love them! Great job...totally cute on you.

Venefica
October 10th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I am not sure what it is called, not a shaver but generally the same thing that a hairdresser use to cut the little hairs in the back of your neck.

Thank you AspenSong and Magalo. :D

Kaelee
October 10th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Looks even to me, too. :) And I agree with whoever it was that said the best thing about bangs is, they grow out! I've screwed mine up a lot of times, but I don't worry about it, because they grow quickly and get cut quickly.

Have you considered growing them out a little to longer side/face framing bangs? I know I'm biased (I have that kind LOL) but I think it would look really good on you.

Venefica
October 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
I have not considered having side bangs I like to have a hard, dramatic look, side bangs look pretty but I like to have something that fit my Gothic attire, I am sure they look wonderful on you though.