PDA

View Full Version : Tea Rinses?

GoldFrappe
October 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM
What teas did you use and what did they do to your hair? What are they supposed to do? I have loads of black and green tea.

AmyBeth
October 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I have some different tea rinses from Chagrin Valley, but I am seriously time challenged and have not tried them yet! I so want to. Ever since I began using hendigo, my hair has become very non porous and my beloved CO routine just doesn't work for me anymore. I do not want to go back to commercial shampoo ever and have begun using shampoo bars. Shampoo bar use really makes regular conditioners sort of overkill, but the tea rinses are recommended for detangling, adding shine etc. I'm really looking forward to trying them and will report back once I do. I really love just the idea of not putting anything on my hair that is not natural and easy to pronounce:p.

TheVegan6
October 21st, 2013, 07:58 PM
Ooh, I love tea rinses! I like green tea rinses, jasmine ones make my hair smell delicious, Red Zinger gives my strawberry-blondette hair a much redder look. I just make the tea, let it cool down a little, and literally pour it over my head. Chamomile rinses will make your hair lighter and really shiny. Try some green tea rinses to begin with.

Rio040113
October 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I got some Rooibos tea a while ago but never got around to using it :( From what I remember it was supposed to help with softness and shine but mainly it was meant to help with growth..? I think some people said it added red tones to their hair, much like ACV can, I might be remembering wrong though! Maybe I'll get around to trying it finally one day :lol: