PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my ends? (pics included)

Tini'sNewHair
October 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Hi all. This is how my ends look like right now, it seems to have changed colour somehow which is almost giving the appearance of being damaged. My ends are pretty good tho (its very difficult to find a split end or white head, but I haven’t had a trim in 1 1//2 years). I plan to have a trim on my 2 year hair growth “anniversary” because right now, I don’t have the heart to cut even a little bit off so I will continue with my “search and destroy” technique. Anybody else having this issue tho? Thank you
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/PicMonkeyCollage.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/PicMonkeyCollage.jpg.html)

MeowScat
October 9th, 2013, 08:23 PM
The ends look great to me! The color difference might also be from it being the oldest hair, it's been exposed to the sun, etc. the longest. My ends changed color over the years because I still have old dye I'm growing out, but I had that also happen before I ever dyed it.

It's normal to have a different color at the ends, they're a few years old. The scalp hair hasn't been exposed to nearly as many washings, hours in the sun, etc.

Wear that gorgeous hair in a bun, tuck those ends in and S&D when needed.

woodswanderer
October 9th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Come on, ombre is the thing now! Many people with long hair have lighter hair at the bottom due to age of hair and sun fade over time as Meowscat said. My hair has always been a different shade if I hold the bottom up to the top. I wonder if this happens to platinum blonds too? From what I've seen it happens to all brunettes.

Tini'sNewHair
October 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
The ends look great to me! The color difference might also be from it being the oldest hair, it's been exposed to the sun, etc. the longest. My ends changed color over the years because I still have old dye I'm growing out, but I had that also happen before I ever dyed it.

It's normal to have a different color at the ends, they're a few years old. The scalp hair hasn't been exposed to nearly as many washings, hours in the sun, etc.

Wear that gorgeous hair in a bun, tuck those ends in and S&D when needed.

Thank you :) I been looking at those ends this past week like a crazy person but I (for now) refuse to trim unless there is reasonable damage, so i do the S&D instead. Its not from colour tho, so i guess its just what it does from being old like you said :)

Tini'sNewHair
October 9th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Come on, ombre is the thing now! Many people with long hair have lighter hair at the bottom due to age of hair and sun fade over time as Meowscat said. My hair has always been a different shade if I hold the bottom up to the top. I wonder if this happens to platinum blonds too? From what I've seen it happens to all brunettes.

Thank you. Hmmm thats an intresting question :) I will eventually trim it and get it back to the one colour so i stop obsessing over it but for now... its ok for me i guess :)

GoldFrappe
October 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Your ends look great!!!
I S&D often. I only trim when it's too many splits.

Tini'sNewHair
October 9th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Your ends look great!!!
I S&D often. I only trim when it's too many splits.

thank you :) i do the same :)

AmyBeth
October 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Your hair is beautiful. Long natural hair is almost always naturally ombre anyway, because the longer portions have been exposed to the sun for several years. Your ends look perfect to me. The only reason I microtrim is because I am trying to get rid of layers and I am also convinced that a small trim supercharges my growth. I don't think it makes much scientific sense, but I've lived with my hair for many years, and I know how it behaves.

jacqueline101
October 10th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Your hair looks great and I'm relaxed on s&d. I know shame on me. I think the ends turn light due to sun fading them out. I wouldn't worry unless you start having tons of white dots or splits.

CurlMonster
October 10th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Your hair looks beautiful. I think it is natural to get lighter ends, even if the ends are healthy. :)

lapushka
October 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
A perfectly even tone throughout the hair mostly means the hair is dyed. It's normal and perfectly natural for hair to fade in color towards the bottom. This is especially apparent in blondes!

Your ends look perfectly fine to me!

TiaKitty
October 10th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I'll echo what everyone else is saying, it is normal for ends to lighten with time, especially visible on blondes. Look at my signature... I've just recently trimmed 6" so it isn't as apparent, but you can see the difference between my new growth at the top and the rest.

Your hair is beautiful and sleek looking to me. Keep up the good work. :D

summergreen
October 10th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I don't think your ends look damaged - they look very slightly sun-lightened, which is really pretty! :)

Rio040113
October 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Looking good! :)

Misschilly
October 11th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I have the same "problem" nice to hear that it's nothing bad!=)

martyna_22
October 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Same here. But it's not jut ends in my case. I have pretty much natural ombre all over my length. I know it can be annoying, but it's not damage.
My opinion is, don't trim just now, just S&D for a while and depending on your dream hemline, trim accordingly. Just whenever your ends are getting too thin (unless you aim for fairytale ends). :)

0xalis
October 11th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Your hair is super pretty! My ends are lighter than the rest of my hair too, but that's because of the bleach job that caused me to pixie :lol:
Your hair doesn't look damaged at all, don't worry!

Tini'sNewHair
October 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thank you all :) I will continue with S&D but i will still do a trim because i want a blunt hemline :) cheers!

Ambystoma
October 11th, 2013, 10:32 PM
I'm glad you're happy with your natural ombre! As lapushka said, it's generally only dyed hair that is all one colour, the thing is, we're so used to seeing coloured hair on women, both in the media and in real life that we forget what's normal.