PDA

View Full Version : Good hair day....and can you type me?

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 10:01 AM
http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/sarahthegemini/media/20131009_165243_zps1b7bcd34.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/sarahthegemini/media/20131009_165256_zps29ac2399.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I tried using gel for the first time today and I'm loving the results. I scrunched it into sopping wet hair after my L.I. Once my hair dried, I simply scrunched out the crunch and ruffled my hair a little. Not using a comb = big deal for me! Anyway, on a previous thread it was mentioned that proper typing (although usually done on clarified hair) can also be effective on hair that is somewhat styled in the usual manner. So I'm wondering, afer scrunching in a little gel and not combing, what type am I?

lapushka
October 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I'd put you around 2a/2b, especially since you told us you'd "styled" your hair. For these typing pictures it's essential that you wash, conditioner is optional, then let dry without touching (no scrunching!).

Anje
October 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Sorry, I wouldn't try to type hair that's been scrunched and styled. Good hair days and hairtyping don't always go together, sadly. Some hair takes shape just WAY more than other hair. For hairtyping, just wash it, comb it out in the shower full of conditioner, and let it airdry without touching it, so we can see what waves you have when you're not trying to force them/hold them.

I will go as far as saying that you're probably mid-2s to low-3s. But you probably had that much already.

It does look good. :)

spidermom
October 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM
It looks like you found a winning technique to enhance your waves.

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks :) I think I will wait til I need a 'poo wash and then I'll try and type myself then. For now, I'll continue what I'm doing as I liked the result :)

Firefox7275
October 9th, 2013, 10:47 AM
I think you can type scrunched hair, especially for weak waves: soaking and wet combing pulls out the waves so all a little scrunching does is offset that it doesn't create wave where there is none. Otherwise to get the excess water out you have to squeeze down the length, which will again pull hair straight. I do think diffusing is 'cheating' since that artificially supports curl, as are ingredients that are curl boosting like magnesium sulphate.

I would say 2a/b going by the Naturallycurly typing guide pictures.

Lady Mary
October 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Oh, such pretty waves! I love it :)

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I think you can type scrunched hair, especially for weak waves: soaking and wet combing pulls out the waves so all a little scrunching does is offset that it doesn't create wave where there is none. Otherwise to get the excess water out you have to squeeze down the length, which will again pull hair straight. I do think diffusing is 'cheating' since that artificially supports curl, as are ingredients that are curl boosting like magnesium sulphate.

I would say 2a/b going by the Naturallycurly typing guide pictures.

That makes sense when you put it like that. I feel good as I didn't 'cheat' I.e. diffuse or use curl boosting ingredients (to my knowledge anyway)

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Oh, such pretty waves! I love it :)

Aw thank you :)