PDA

View Full Version : Finally got all my healthy hair products!

BowTie
October 9th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Yay, I finally have them... can't wait to see what they do for my hair;)

I got this beautifying oil (coconut) from The Body Shop. I tried it last night and it worked well.
Today I bought this coconut oil shampoo/conditioner by Dr.Organic: no harsh chemicals, no parabens, no silicone.. yay!
And I finally found a boar bristle brush.

Is there anything else I need?:)

Kwantslonghair
October 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Many of us use virgin olive oil, i do now and then, I use argon oil ever day on ends. do you have a wide tooth comb

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 09:18 AM
You could have bought coconut oil from a supermarket (likely would have been much cheaper!)

BowTie
October 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
You could have bought coconut oil from a supermarket (likely would have been much cheaper!)

I know. We had this The Body Shop party and the products are so lovely.. couldn't resist:D Going to buy real coconut oil next =)

Kwantslonghair: I have this plastic one ( it's alright) want to get a wooden one!

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I know. We had this The Body Shop party and the products are so lovely.. couldn't resist:D Going to buy real coconut oil next =)

Kwantslonghair: I have this plastic one ( it's alright) want to get a wooden one!

Oh I know what you mean, Body Shop stuff is so tempting! :)

eta: Are you suffering from dy hair at all btw? A sealing oil might be a good option, something like sweet almond oil (which is really lighti or argan :)

BowTie
October 9th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Oh I know what you mean, Body Shop stuff is so tempting! :)

eta: Are you suffering from dy hair at all btw? A sealing oil might be a good option, something like sweet almond oil (which is really lighti or argan :)

I'd say my ends are dry... I always thought they were normal but after doing my first oil treatment I realised how dry they are:D I'd love to try argan oil =)

sarahthegemini
October 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM
I'd say my ends are dry... I always thought they were normal but after doing my first oil treatment I realised how dry they are:D I'd love to try argan oil =)

I loved using argan on my ends (I'd use sweet almond on my length) It left my ends super shiny, soft and smooth.

Squiggy
October 9th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I love coconut oil, but only as a prewash. It's too heavy for my hair! I do use sweet almond oil daily, just a drop on my very ends and then a light sweep across the frizzies that cover the top of my head. Almond oil doesn't leave me greasy like coconut or olive oils do. When it comes to hair, it's all trial and error to find what works for you!

MeowScat
October 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Good start! Let's see....Do you have a hairstick or two? Or Spin Pins, a comb, whatever hair friendly toys to wear your hair up? How about a satin pillowcase or sleep cap.

You can get tiny samples of different oils on eBay and etsy and they're pretty inexpensive.

Maybe a shower cap, not just for keeping your hair dry on non hair wash days, but to keep the conditioner in your hair from slowly rinsing out.

BowTie
October 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Good start! Let's see....Do you have a hairstick or two? Or Spin Pins, a comb, whatever hair friendly toys to wear your hair up? How about a satin pillowcase or sleep cap.

You can get tiny samples of different oils on eBay and etsy and they're pretty inexpensive.

Maybe a shower cap, not just for keeping your hair dry on non hair wash days, but to keep the conditioner in your hair from slowly rinsing out.

My hair is not long enough for sticks ( I think) I mostly wear bobby pins and hair elastics without metal. I try to change the spot where I wear my ponytail as often as possible. I mostly just keep my hair down as it is still short. I definitely need to buy a shower cap, thank you for reminding me! Also satin pillowcases sound great... I love the feeling of satin!

I'm a bit worried about that shampoo..I've read some reviews and some people seem to love it and some hate it. I really hope it works for me=)

I also brushed my hair with bbb =) My hair got some body and it also shines=) Definitely better than old plastic one that made my hair limp lol

BlazingHeart
October 9th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Just don't forget, always detangle BEFORE bbb. It's not meant for detangling, and it's not good for your hair to try.

If your hair is long enough for a ponytail, you might think about getting a good barrette or a flexi-8 so you can do a peacock twist. That's a good protective style most people can do starting around shoulder length - more protective than a ponytail, but almost as easy.

lapushka
October 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Just don't forget, always detangle BEFORE bbb. It's not meant for detangling, and it's not good for your hair to try.

Yes! ^^ This goes for any brush! First detangle the hair with a wide-tooth comb, then brush it out. Then do your wash routine. When the hair is damp, ditch the brush and only detangle with the comb!