PDA

View Full Version : tichel or scarf at night?

angy0987
October 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
So my hair is getting so damaged from having it up 24/7, at least im pretty sure this is the cause. Anyway, I made a sinar or apron tichel to wrap my hair in during the day because my hair stick is always getting caught up on things. Now the question is am I able to wear this at night or would it cause to much friction an break my hair even more? Is it going to do damage to my hair during the day?

BlazingHeart
October 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Some people use silk or satin scarves to protect their hair at night. I think whether a tichel would be helpful would depend on what it's made of. A slippery material means less friction on your hair, so that's good; a rougher material wouldn't be so good, particularly if you do a lot of tossing and turning.

Kaelee
October 8th, 2013, 10:01 PM
You could certainly use it though Blazingheart is absolutely right, it depends on the material. Have you tried a satin sleep cap? (I got mine at Sally's, but the lace was itchy. Walgreens has them, but the Wallgreens ones are some sort of soft material on the inside and not slippery inside, so I don't know how well that would protect from damage.)