PDA

View Full Version : How to naturally get rid of bronze look in hair

Kwantslonghair
October 8th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Ok. I am sure tis as been addressed before but I cat find it. My natural hair color s the color that it is, ow ever I use a box dye on my roots about every 3 months to cover the grays. I can go this long because most of the hair grows its blondish color and it takes a while before the grays a very noticeable. I notice some brassy bronzy streaks and I wonder how to get rid of those and how I can treat the roots naturally. I know I should celebrate the grays but I am not ready to yet. Thanks

bunzfan
October 8th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Hmmm have you tried those toner shampoo things there are normally purple coloured i did that to people with yellow tones in blonde hair when hairdressing it really works even silver haired ladies used it especially smokers.

Kwantslonghair
October 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks Bunzfan. I will give that a try

ositarosita
October 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Purple or blue shampoo depending on the tone of your colour, but it will make everything shiner, get rid of the brassiness and yellow tones.. and it will also accent your greys but in a way that they look silver not grey.

Anje
October 8th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Agreed, the blue and purple shampoos and conditioners are good for this. There's also a thread over in the henna section where someone made her own with a little blue hairdye, well diluted, to tone down the warm copper. I think hers is more potent, so it can just be applied sporadically when the color starts to show through.
forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=115585

muddblood21
October 8th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I have had luck adding grape Kool-Aid to my shampoo or conditioner and leaving it in for a bit then rinsing really well. Like the above post says, depending on the tone of your color, you might need purple (grape) or you might need a blue(ice blue or blue raspberry). Just a pinch or two of the appropriate "flavor" for your tone added to your shampoo or conditioner just might help. ;)

Kwantslonghair
October 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I have had luck adding grape Kool-Aid to my shampoo or conditioner and leaving it in for a bit then rinsing really well. Like the above post says, depending on the tone of your color, you might need purple (grape) or you might need a blue(ice blue or blue raspberry). Just a pinch or two of the appropriate "flavor" for your tone added to your shampoo or conditioner just might help. ;)

I have some of those packets of blue raspberry juice drink that you put in water bottles. Do you think that would work

Kwantslonghair
October 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM

I have some of those packets of blue raspberry juice drink that you put in water bottles. Do you think that would work

kmcg
October 8th, 2013, 12:16 PM
If you're into trying stuff from your kitchen peaches are supposed to tone down brassiness for blondes. I've added them to a hair mask with milk and bananas before. Just know that it is messy and you might need to try it a couple times to achieve the outcome you're wanting.

muddblood21
October 8th, 2013, 12:30 PM
If you're into trying stuff from your kitchen peaches are supposed to tone down brassiness for blondes. I've added them to a hair mask with milk and bananas before. Just know that it is messy and you might need to try it a couple times to achieve the outcome you're wanting.

Cool! I didn't know that!

muddblood21
October 8th, 2013, 12:32 PM
sorry for the double post...I can't edit yet :eek:

OP, I would be worried about the sugar in the packets. If you decide to try them I would rinse really well to prevent any stickiness or tangles. Best of luck with your kitchen creation!

Kwantslonghair
October 8th, 2013, 12:37 PM
sorry for the double post...I can't edit yet :eek:

OP, I would be worried about the sugar in the packets. If you decide to try them I would rinse really well to prevent any stickiness or tangles. Best of luck with your kitchen creation!

They say that they are sugar free but they are sweet so they must have some form of sugar. I will just buy some Koop aid next shopping trip. Don't really want to look like a smurf. Lol