PDA

View Full Version : Favorite conditioner?

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM
So. I use Herbal Essences, and it works great on my hair and smells awesome. What's your favorite drugstore conditioner?

On a related note, have you ever used Herbal Essences? If so, what did you like/dislike about it?

Naiadryade
October 7th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Shea Moisture's "Deep Treatment Masque." Nothing has moisturized my hair like it does.

Aingeal
October 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Herbal essences has never done much for my hair. it always ends up dry. I love Aussie moist. It's been my go to for a couple of years now.

weeza
October 7th, 2013, 06:47 PM
I use Costco's Kirkland signature moisture conditioner. I love it, it's sulfate free, and says that it's gluten free and vegan (though I have no gluten issues)

BeccaAngel
October 7th, 2013, 06:59 PM
My favorite will always be Sauve Naturals Almond Shea Butter :p

Henna Fan
October 7th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Just using Dr Organic pomegranate shampoo and conditioner at the moment (having been spurred on by you guys using non cone products) and it's really great on my dryer hennaed hair.

HintOfMint
October 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
LOVE Herbal Essences. Whether it's Tousle Me Softly, Totally Twisted, or the retro-new rosehips scented one in the pink bottle, it's all awesome. I also use the shampoo as well as the conditioner, I've found my hair keeps the scent better that way.

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
The shampoo, for whatever mystical reason (not that I'm complaining), never dries out my hair.

Magic.

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM
The shampoo, for whatever mystical reason (not that I'm complaining), never dries out my hair.

Magic.

Cherry*Tree
October 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Sorry, double post.

MyKing'sQueen
October 7th, 2013, 08:05 PM
I like the Herbal essences hello hydration when I want cones, its pretty thick so i don't have to use too much of it, and I like the smell. But my absolute favorite was Garnier triple nutrition until they changed the formula, I miss it so much! Right now I'm using catnip followed by Suave strawberry, seems to be working fine so far:shrug:

BrendaLoan
October 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Herbal essences and tressemé conditioners <3

sarahthegemini
October 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Atm my favourites are GVN Smooth as Silk and GVN 50:50.

ositarosita
October 8th, 2013, 01:43 PM
***********Conditioners changed .. tastes changed

HintOfMint
October 8th, 2013, 02:01 PM
I like the Herbal essences hello hydration when I want cones, its pretty thick so i don't have to use too much of it, and I like the smell. But my absolute favorite was Garnier triple nutrition until they changed the formula, I miss it so much! Right now I'm using catnip followed by Suave strawberry, seems to be working fine so far:shrug:

I think I'm still in mourning for the old formulation of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. That was a fantastic conditioner.

Temme
October 8th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Nature's gate Herbal Conditioner:)

blue_eyes
October 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Redken's Extreme Conditioner has been amazing on my dry & damaged ends. The Extreme Strength Builder Plus treatment is incredible also. Redken is a bit more expensive than drugstore brands but their stuff is incredible!

Nadine <3
October 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I used to use herbal essences and I loved it. Miss it actually, I should get some....

Right now I'm using suave conditioners for CO washing. I rotate between the juicy green apple, coconut, and wild cherry blossom. I like to use a different scent every time I shower depending on my mood :)

Callifornia
October 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Etsy HeartJCreations goats milk conditioner is my all time favorite! Thick and rich with a personalized scent that lingers :) No other conditioner has kept my ends so soft and moisturized so well!

Princess92
October 8th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I really like Dove Cool mositure conditioner, I find it leaves my hair really soft and has a nice lasting scent(however, do not like the shampoo, I find it leaves my hair flat and not feeling very clean, I use Pantene Ice Shine shampoo with it). I've been using it for the past year.

I've tried Herbal Essences, and I find it it leaves my hair dry...

Ashflower89
October 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I've been an Herbal Essences girl since 2009. I've tried a few others like Nexus, but always went back to HE. My favorite is Tousle Me Softly, purely because of the smell. I guess I am more persuaded by smells than by the actual type of conditioner (ie. curly, moisture, etc). Before HE, I was an Aussie girl. I am almost out of my current bottle of HE and trying to decide if I should try the newer rosehip formula, or go back to Aussie moist now that its getting colder out. Tough decision.

MyKing'sQueen
October 9th, 2013, 01:06 AM
I think I'm still in mourning for the old formulation of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. That was a fantastic conditioner.

Me too(( It always left my hair so silky and moisturized. Have you found anything similar to it?

Firefox7275
October 9th, 2013, 04:57 AM
One more for the Europeans: Schwarzkopf Gliss ultimate volume conditioner, silicone free but loaded with hydrolysed protein and panthenol, widely available for ~£1.

L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 conditioner has some similarities to the old Triple Nutrition, maybe it is the palm oil (also ceramides, protein, a water soluble silicone). Full ingredients for both are in one of my albums.

longhairdesired
October 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Aussie Three Minute Miracle is my favorite.

jacqueline101
October 9th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I like the vo5 split ends and Aussie three minute miracle. My leave in is vo5 keep me strong cream.

sourgrl
October 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Love Dermorganics masque. It's marketed as a deep treatment but I use it as a rinse out. When I want cones I reach for herbal esscence hello hydration.

slynr
October 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Love Dermorganics masque. It's marketed as a deep treatment but I use it as a rinse out.

Another Dermorganics user here. Love it:)

makeminea99
October 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
There's a few I use regularly . . . I alternate between c/o washing and c/w/c, so I use lots! :) Superdrug Tea tree & mint, LUSH Jungle, LUSH Retread, and if I fancy some cone-y goodness it's Aussie 3 minute miracle - although I've never tried the luscious long variant so have bought some today to try.

rose313
October 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I love Herbal Essences, my favorite is the red one, designed for long hairs, I guess it helps prevent splits or something. I also use Joico and Aphogee regularly, which aren't exactly drugstore brands, but they're on the cheap side of the "professional" brands.

Long_hair_bear
October 9th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Pantene Ice Shine condish as recommended to me by luxepiggy! Devil's concoction I know :demon: but my hair loves it!

Kelikea
October 9th, 2013, 06:52 PM
For the moment, I am enjoying my VO5 coconut conditioner. It seems to work well for me and detangles nicely.

Kelikea
October 9th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the vO5 Vanilla Mint Tea? I tried it a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find it lately. I like the smell...

beautifulending
October 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Suave Sleek conditioner, I love the light scent and it smooths my hair nicely.

beautifulending
October 9th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the vO5 Vanilla Mint Tea? I tried it a couple years ago, but haven't been able to find it lately. I like the smell...

My mother found some at big lots last week for .65 cents. I have also seen it at walmart next to the ethnic hair care section.

GoldFrappe
October 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I always used Pantene Moisture Renewal or Anti-Breakage, but recently my hair has been loving my boyfriends VO5 conditioners.

BlazingHeart
October 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I'm one of the few around here who makes everyone shudder because I use a 2-in-1. Garnier Fructis's...whatever the basic one is called.

I can't use Herbal Essences. It triggers my asthma - not badly, but enough that my chest feels a little tight all day, and any little thing can kick up a more serious attack. I also can't touch Freeman's Botanicals - that one literally almost killed me when I was 14 or 15, again because of asthma stuff. I'm actually not allowed to try anything new in my hair unless there's someone else around to drive me to the ER, because most of my worst reactions have been to new hair products. It took us a couple weeks to figure out the first time, because I don't react until 4-6 hours later, when my hair starts drying.

icallitbliss
October 9th, 2013, 10:38 PM
My favorites are Joico Moisture Recovery, and Tresemme Smooth and Silky.

XcaliburGirl
October 10th, 2013, 06:10 AM
I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.

I had been using silicone-free conditioner, but I wanted to use up some HE Long Term Relationship I had lying around. The difference reminded me that my loves 'cones. I wasn't a fan of the raspberry scent, so I switched to HEHH.

renia22
October 10th, 2013, 06:18 AM
So. I use Herbal Essences, and it works great on my hair and smells awesome. What's your favorite drugstore conditioner?

On a related note, have you ever used Herbal Essences? If so, what did you like/dislike about it?

I like the smooth/shine collections, drama clean and hello hydration. Tousle me softly smells good too but I haven't used that one in ages. Those all smell good, clean my hair without irritating my scalp or drying out my hair, and minimal tangles. Some of them dry my hair out (body envy) or are too heavy (most of the silicone laden ones except I do like hello hydration for emergencies). I almost never use shampoos with silicones in them, but I currently have breakage I'm trying to deal with so I bought the hello hydration. I can't use it all the time because it is a little heavy for my hair type, but on days that I use it, I get hardly any breakage and I lose maybe 5 hairs in the shower.

Ms. Littlefish
October 10th, 2013, 07:25 AM
For the wash step in my CO I love using Suave Naturals. Every scent seems to clean the same but I'm partial to the coconut scent. For moisturizing I've really been loving Shea Moisture products. I also use an Argan Oil conditioner from an indie brand called Carley's Clear and Smooth (they primarily do skin care). If I'm in a pinch and don't have a buck I go for Tresseme Naturals.

longishhair
March 8th, 2014, 10:50 AM
My faves:

1. Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
2. Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong
3. Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight

Am I :crazyq: because I bought fifteen bottles of condish today? :laugh:
The store I normally go to seems to have discontinued Herbal Essences and that sucks... so I went to a different store, found Herbal Essences and stocked up :)

bunnylake
March 8th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Herbal Essences in the yellow and pink bottles
Dermorganic hair masque
Renpure Monoi
Aussie 3mm

longishhair
March 8th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Herbal Essences in the yellow and pink bottles
Dermorganic hair masque
Renpure Monoi
Aussie 3mm

oh yum - it seems your faves are herbal essences bee strong and dangerously straight - same as my no. 2 and 3 :)

Arashi
March 8th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I love Renpure Argan Oil Conditioner.

Jumper
March 8th, 2014, 11:41 AM
There was a buy 3 get a $5 gift card sale on the big bottles of pantene, Aussie, and herbal essences at Target, so I bought Aussie Moist, HE Totally twisted and Honey I'm Strong.

All conditioner, I forgot to say. The shampoos were part of the sale too but I didn't want them.

meteor
March 8th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Am I :crazyq: because I bought fifteen bottles of condish today? :laugh:

LOL! :) Something's telling me we might see each other on the "Use Up Your Stash Challenge" thread soon. That's the toughest LHC challenge by far! :)

Auburndreaming
March 8th, 2014, 11:53 AM
At the moment I've been using herbal essences hello hydration conditioner, I love the scent and my hair seems to like it too! :D

Ambystoma
March 8th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I love L'oreal Elvive Re Nutrition, (both the masque and the regular conditioner), and alternate that with Garnier Sleek and Shine which has hydrolysed proteins - my hair seems to appreciate the rotation.

ErinLeigh
March 8th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I just got the Garnier Triple Nutrition old formula green bottle in the mail today.
Cannot wait to try it.

I also notice I am the only person in the world who has never tried Hello Hydration.

I second Blue Eyes. Redken Extreme Builder Plus is hair saving for me. It is excellent.
For drugstore I like Biolage Conditioning Balm, LOreal Eversleek for my cone frees. And Loreal Naturals or Pantene for my coneys I guess. Been a while.

midbackorbust
March 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Greetings citizens of Herbal Essences land, I come to you from the kingdom of Andalou naturals sweet orange!

schnibbles
March 8th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I also notice I am the only person in the world who has never tried Hello Hydration.

Nope, I'm with you there, I haven't tried it either. Maybe it needs to go on my list?? I hear a lot of good things about it here.

Ambystoma
March 8th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I didn't like Hello Hydration because it seemed to make the red tones in my hair less vibrant - I'm guessing because there's quite a bit of blue colouring in it? It was very subtle though, just like how ACV enhances them, but only the tiniest bit.

GabrielleRose
March 8th, 2014, 10:19 PM
So far I'd have to say Aussie Moist, it conditions well, makes my hair super shiny and somehow brighter looking. I can also use it for CO, RO and as a detangler in a spritz bottle mixed with water.

As of right now I don't really like HE anything, I really wanted to like the new revamped version with the rose hips but it broke my back and neck out something awful! It also makes my hair super stretchy and I have no idea why? :shrug: As for the hello hydration, it made my hair color look green.

Kayto
March 9th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Redken so soft conditioner is absolutely the most amazing conditioner I've ever used, but it goes for a whopping 10-15 dollars a bottle, and I can't afford that for the life of me.
It styles my hair for me, I love the way my hair looked when I used it.
Now I use Mane n' Tail Shampoo and conditioner.

HazelBug
March 9th, 2014, 12:41 AM
My favorite conditioner? Avoiding washing my hair. But then I have to clean it... There are different silicones and ingredients I find do and don't work on me. Shea butter makes my hair feel like wax. So does amethacone (stuff in v05) But dimethicone works wonders on me. I have tried different natural aproaches to conditioners and find that they just don't mix well with me. My hair just feels waxy and tangly. I like pantine, herbal essences, suave and a few others. They all seem to work fine if they have certian silicones and not others.

Nadine <3
March 9th, 2014, 12:44 AM
Right now I'm loving the GUD conditioners. They give me amazing softness and shine.

LadyCelestina
March 9th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Pantene! It is the best for detangling. Leaves hair feeling somewhat coated (too smooth and slippery),but I don't care.Tangles are much of a bigger issue than too smooth hair.
Too smooth hair isn't really an issue.

I also like Garnier conditioners which obviously aren't sold either in US or UK,they are the ones with rosemary,lavender and peach scents.They were really nice but I had to use a lot of it.
Another very nice conditioner is Elseve ColorVive in the red bottle,has a different name in either UK or US again,but it's perfect.It's not as good at detangling as Pantene is,but it doesn't leave the "too smooth" feel,just soft,and makes my curls really defined.I really don't remember why I'm buying Pantene instead of this.I must buy it the next time.

GetMeToWaist
March 9th, 2014, 04:05 AM
L'oreal ever riche conditioner is really nice. Herbal essences dries out my hair and makes it crunchy :mad:

renia22
March 9th, 2014, 07:01 AM

They just happen to make this ^ one in a trial size :)

At the moment, I like Aubrey Organics Camomile Volumizing, Aubrey Organics GPB, Mirta De Perales Balsam, Earthly Delight...

rcblinn
March 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=midbackorbust;2663323]Greetings citizens of Herbal Essences land, I come to you from the kingdom of Andalou naturals sweet orange

Lol, I laughed out loud when I read this :) As of yet, still haven't found an HG condish yet. My hair loved the old Tresemme Vitamin E conditioner, before it was loaded with silicones. I am very curious to try the Himalaya Herbals line however.

starlamelissa
March 9th, 2014, 09:22 AM
pantene color preserve shine conditioner is very nice and slippery. I have used quite a few and loved quite a few, but this one is my new favorite.

I have also loved suave sleek professionals, and tresemme smooth and silky.

duchess67
March 9th, 2014, 09:32 AM
I use Desert Essence coconut conditioner just on the ends of my hair. If conditioner touches my scalp I shed so much of hair it's scary, due to that I had stopped using conditioner for a long time. I was using only using a leave-in. Recently after reading everything good about this particular one, wanted to try and see how it works. So far so good.

queenovnight
March 9th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I love Herbal Essences! That and Pantene 'beautiful lengths.' I've been using Pantene since childhood, and it's definitely my favorite conditioner. I haven't used it in over a year -the ingredients aren't ideal- but I plan to get a bottle, just to use for deep conditioning.

NataschaB.
March 9th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner :)

longishhair
March 9th, 2014, 11:15 AM

Only after buying some bottles of it I noticed that i can't stand the smell of it, I'm finally on the last bottle! :joy: I always use two different conditioners when COing, right now I'm using HH as first conditioner so that my hair smells like the second conditioner and I don't end up wrinkling my nose at my hair 24/7 :laugh:

DarleneH
March 9th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Right now it's Suave Rosemary & Mint that's supposed to be like the Aveda one. I think I read somewhere that it might actually BE the Aveda one, because both are owned by the same company? It works well enough for me that I'm happy with it and it's cheap to boot!

Edit: not exact after all from these ingredients lists I found on the 'net, but I'm OK with the Suave cheapie:

Suave Rosemary Mint conditioner ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

Aveda Rosemary Mint conditioner ingredients:

aqueous extracts of organic rosemary and peppermint, polyquaternium-11 (conditioning agent), cetyl alcohol (coconut), glyceryl stearate (coconut), stearalkonium chloride (mixed plant oils), vinegar (grain), olealkonium chloride (mixed plant), aveda's own pure, natural preservative fragrance containing: peppermint, geranium and many other pure flower and plant essences, tocopherol (vitamin e, antioxidant), jojoba oil, oryzanol (natural sun filter), glycerin (coconut), hydrolyzed hair keratin (human hair protein), grapefruit seed extract, diazolidinyl urea (preservative)

MadeiraD
March 9th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I love Aussie Three Minute Miracle, and The Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage masque )I use cheapie v05 as my co-wash "shampoo")

Zebra Fish
March 9th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Lavera Mango milk conditioner and Lavera basis sensitive hair conditioner. The mango on smells delicious and makes my hair so soft. The other one is a bit cheaper, not so great smell but, dunno exactly why, I just don't want to ditch it :p

ositarosita
March 9th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Herbal Essences .. so far anything BUT the hello hydration range.. it dries out my hair something fierce.. but I looove the long term relationship, honey I'm strong, tousle me softly and totally twisted conditioners.

alexis917
March 9th, 2014, 04:59 PM
VO5 anything!!

jupiterinleo
March 9th, 2014, 06:06 PM
VO5 anything!!

I'll second that. I've had good luck with Vo5. I just started using the one for split ends and it's quite nice! Doesn't smell too strong, either.

meteor
March 9th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Garnier Fructis products really work for me. Every time I experiment with expensive salon brands, I am almost always underwhelmed and baffled that good old Garnier works way better. I have NO idea why.
What exactly is Garnier's "secret"?

alexis917
March 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I'll second that. I've had good luck with Vo5. I just started using the one for split ends and it's quite nice! Doesn't smell too strong, either.

I was looking for that, but couldn't find it! I'd been using the strawberries and cream, but just got the new Island Coconut one. It smells so good.

Kayto
March 10th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Am I the only one that can't use any Herbal Essenses or V05? Too harsh on my hair.

Loviatar
March 10th, 2014, 01:59 AM
My favourites are the American VO5 (conefree) Vanilla Mint Tea or Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Garnier Fructis Strength & Shine, and Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume.

I get the VO5 in Afro hair care stores or ethnic products pound shops in London (really good ones in Walthamstow and Peckham) and the Garnier & Gliss come from general pound shops. I am on conditioner hiatus at the moment though, no buying more til my stash is down to 1 or 2 bottles. And then I'll be only buying the 4 types above.

I've tried Herbal Essences and it always leaves my hair feeling filmy or coated. It's like I can never rinse it out properly. I think I just don't get on with the cones in it.