PDA

View Full Version : Eeeek my first Mason Pearson brush came in the mail!!

Applegirl84
October 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Wow.

I've been using two Goody boar bristle brushes up until now and while they seemed to do a decent job, I had no idea what I was missing! I bought the pure bristle in the handy size and it's perfect! The bristles reach all the way through to my scalp and massage without hurting. The size is plenty big for me (glad I didn't she'll out more $ for a bigger size) and after brushing I could literally see that sebum had moved down my hair :shock:

Too early to tell what the long term results will be, but already I can see how MP (and probably other high quality bbbs too) are MILES better than the drug store ones.

I'd post a pic, but my hair was greasy today (trying to stretch washes) and so it really didn't took very good before or after brushing.

Inching Along
October 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Sounds fantastic! I just have two BBBs from Conair; the only one that reaches my scalp is a round brush. Its bristles are stiffer. But I would love a higher-quality BBB. Hmmm...may have to put one on my wish list. :)

MeowScat
October 8th, 2013, 02:54 AM
I've been considering getting one for 2 years now and every time I hear something positive about it, it get the itch to buy one.

Where did you get it? I'm happy you're happy...it's an expensive chance to take!

jacqueline101
October 8th, 2013, 03:08 AM
I started to buy one but the fear of not liking it or the price kept me from doing it. I'm glad you bought one shared some light on your brushing experience.

stinkyfeet
October 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
That's wonderful!! :D I was about to buy one, but I bought the much cheaper Madora brush instead just to see if a BBB would work well in my hair. I think that I might get a MP BBB soon!

Peggy E.
October 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
There's always concern over the high price of the MP brush, but it's really an investment - not only because this brush will last for a very long time, but the good it does your hair makes it worth the money.

I purchased my MP BB/Mixed bristle brush shortly after joining LHC, so this is a long-term relationship! I love it and it is still a gem I use every single day. It has lost a few bristles now, but I will not hesitate to purchase another when the day comes. Probably not too much longer now.

Glad you like your new MP brush and am sure you will continue to enjoy it's superb quality for years to come!

Applegirl84
October 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
It is pricey, but all the oils, EOs, conditioners, cassia and hair toys add up too and when I used to heat style blow dryers, hot rollers and straighteners cost a lot too. I bought it off Amazon for $130. I would spend that much on a good pair of boots or a winter coat, so why not a hair brush that I will use twice a day all year round?

BTW I haven't tried some of the other high quality bbbs like Kent or Jean Pierre and maybe they are just as good, but I know FOR SURE that the Goody ones (and others I've looked at at Walmart/Target like Conair) are NOTHING like the real thing.

Misschilly
October 8th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I have a mixed BBB from MP, I really like him, but I'm a bit worrid about the mixed part, I've heard something about that the nylons being bad for the hair? But it does penetrate to my scalp..hm, maybe I should have a pure BBB to?

Applegirl84
October 8th, 2013, 01:42 PM
It was hard deciding which to get. Because the Goody pure bbbs didn't penetrate my hair well I was nervous about getting the pure bristle, but my MP is dramatically different and I'm glad I didn't go for a mixed.

Agnes Hannah
October 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I've got a Mason Pearson, its a childs one but is perfect for my fine hair. I love it. I also have a Kent brush which is lovely, and Kent combs and these are fab too

DweamGoiL
October 8th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I've had an MP for a very long time. I use it all the time...that and my Sierra Legend Che-Chen combs....love them!

Tea Lady
October 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM
I've had an MP for a very long time. I use it all the time...that and my Sierra Legend Che-Chen combs....love them!

Me too! I love them both.

Tea Lady

HintOfMint
October 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I have a pricey BBB, but I don't know the brand name as it's rubbed off and I bought it quite some time ago. Its bristles really reach down to the scalp and I have very thick hair. The cheaper BBBs I've bought since don't do the same job at all.

lilahtov
October 18th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I have long been ogling Mason Pearson brushes. They were so expensive, I didn't take the plunge until I was given a gift certificate to a store that happened to stock them that I could use as credit towards the brush. I purchased the same one, and I adore it!! Happy brushing with your new MP :)

gonzobird
October 18th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I got mine this past Monday and I LOVE IT! Got the sensitive handy. Ive been exclusively a finger comber for a few years sans the mp rake combing after I wash my hair.... but holy cow... my hair is soft and silky from the mp BBB. Granted my hair is pretty straight as is, but I have lots of those random coarse wirey hairs poking out and the brush makes them all behave. And no snapping or pulling hairs. Its so gentle and mostly gets to my scalp. ( fine but lots of hair) overall... I'm bummed I didn't get it sooner!

Applegirl84
October 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
So glad I encouraged (enabled) someone else to get one. They truly are like no other brush I've ever used.