PDA

View Full Version : hair clips with sharp teeth?

samanthajenalyn
October 7th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone. I have a question. A few days ago I bought this very pretty hair clip for $1. It kind of reminded me of a Ficcare but without the bend in the clip. When I got home and opened it, I realized that it had very pointy teeth in it that hurt my fingers if I touch them too hard, I mean they are pretty dang sharp. Now I'm concerned about what that could do to my hair. Would those sharp teeth hurt my hair? Should I just not wear it? After all, it was only $1. Thank you for your replies.

Panth
October 7th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I would just file the teeth until they are more blunt and hair-friendly. You could use a special file for metal, but a nail file probably would work too.

Rio040113
October 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM
I'm assuming it's a metal or plastic clip? Maybe you could 'pad' the teeth out so to speak, like paint a few thick layers of a clear nail polish over them, to take all the sharp edges away? Wish I had something more helpful to add, hope you come up with something :)

samanthajenalyn
October 7th, 2013, 12:19 PM
yes its a plastic clip. Thank you! :) I may try to file them down.

melusine963
October 7th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Leaving the teeth sharp will definitely hurt your hair. The reason it only cost a dollar is because it was so cheaply made that it's almost unusable. I feel your pain. I had a lovely clip that I broke, and when I went to replace it I saw those just like it were steeply reduced. I was delighted, but when I took a closer look I found the exact problem you have now.